“Perfect location, clean spacious rooms, friendly staff, great breakfast buffet!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Scituate, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Perfect location, directly off the highway. Ample parking, and drive thru portico make unloading luggage easy and check in quick. Front desk staff were friendly, warm and welcoming! Love the very clean, over size double bed room with separate sitting area including a couch, chairs, dining table, refrigerator and microwave! Could easily be here for an extended stay! Beds are extremely comfortable, bedding and pillows- soft, cozy, plush! Breakfast buffet staff were extremely friendly, kept area clean and food plentiful. Buffet was perfect and a great way to start our day, it had everything from cold cereal, fruit, waffles, eggs, bacon, home fried potatoes, assorted breads and pastries, juices, several coffee choices, and more! Will definitely be staying here again on our next visit to the Northeast Kingdom!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I was thrilled to read your review and to know that you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel. Earlier this year, my team and I set out to obtain 350 TripAdvisor reviews. In our first 13 years operating, we only had 130 reviews. As of today, we are only twenty reviews away from reaching our goal. Please know how much we appreciate ALL the reviews we've received this year. I encourage you to "like" us on Facebook. We are regularly posting information on upcoming events, promotions and discounts.

Thank you so much for letting us serve you. Until next time...safe travels.

VermontTajMahal@aol.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Rhode Island
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I stop here whenever I am going to Canada. This place never disappoints. The rooms are larger than one would expect, but what makes this place somewhere I return to is the people. All are willing to go that extra mile to insure you a pleasant stay. Special mention has to be made of Carol Fisher in the breakfast room. Her cheerfulness and help make the morning better.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your repeated patronage and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I have been blessed to operate this hotel from the ground up. It has been a great thirteen years. I take an incredible amount of pride in the team we have operating the hotel. They are an AMAZING group of people. In my humble opinion, what seperates them from so many is how much they genuinely care. It shows through in so many ways. Carol Fisher, the hotel's "Breakfast Ambassador" leads the way at our hotel and within our company. She was named the "Linchris Hotels Employee of the Year" for 2013. She earned this prestigous honor out of more than 31 hotels that we operate.

Thank you again for repeatedly staying with us. Until next time...safe travels.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

My only comment is the bedroom is incredibly noisy. The refrigerator rumbles loudly every 30minutes and the heating system is very loud. I ended up unplugging the fridge when I went to sleep.
The staff were very helpful and pleasant. Room was very clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast was ok, coffee not always hot

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the noise you experienced. We do end up having issues every fall with our heating system. The change of the seasons and converting to heat inevitably results in some noisy units. We address them one by one and at this point have corrected the majority. I am a VERY light sleeper and when traveling I always end up unplugging the fridges. The compressors in them click off and on 24 hours a day. They drive me nuts in other people's hotels and mine. I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of our hotel and hope to serve you in the future.

Until next time...safe travels.

St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Our top floor suite consisted of two well furnished, spacious rooms with TVs in each, a fridge, microwave and plenty of storage space and, in the bedroom, a king size bed. The hotel was well appointed with a large gym and indoor salt water pool, hot tub, sauna and a laundry. On the downside, breakfast was taken on plastic bowls, mugs and plates with plastic knives, forks and spoons. Overall we had a very good experience at this Comfort Inn and would come again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed our accommodations and facilities. I appreciate the feedback on our breakfast. A lot of guests comment on our utensils, plates, bowls, etc. We are restricted by the franchise from posting signs that would inform all our guests that the products we use are 100% bio-degradable. In the past, we have even used products made from potatoes. We have been an green / eco-friendly hotel for more than five years. Several articles have been written about our efforts. The hotel received an award from the Govenor of Vermont. TripAdvisor even has recognized our efforts by issuing us a gold award in their "Greenleaders" program. Please know that we did look into using china and silverware. Unfortunately, the overall logistics and size of our kitchen prohibited us from making the switch.

We hope to see you again in the future. Until next time...safe travels.

Sedalia, Missouri
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We kinda had no choice when we got to this beautiful area. It's right on the Vt./NH line. Very few places of lodging and most were full. This place was in a beautiful setting and was a nice place, but every place in town was gouging at that time. Thing is, we were all over Pa., Ny., Vt., Nh., Me and Canada and this was the highest price we paid in the 3 weeks and we stayed right on the ocean and in much nicer places. And most of them around $100, some even less. This was $179 a night! We had no choice, in that area, very few big towns nearby and it was late in the day. Under other fees, I would definately stay here again but not for this price. I realize a lot of folks were leaf-peeping at this time but this was the ONLY place all over that NE region that was this high.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I was glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel and it's setting. I'm sorry that you expected lower rates during your visit. The hotel's foliage season rates for a standard room were starting at $229 per night. Without knowing the date you stayed, I'm guessing you were eligible for a discount or stayed toward the end of the foliage season when rates had been lowered. I can assure you with absolute certainty that our rates are comparable to or lower than similar hotels located in Northern New Hampshire and Vermont.

Please know that I (and my team members) respect your opinion and value the opportunity to serve you. Having said that, I don't apologize for my rate structure. I firmly believe that we offer one of New England's finest vacation destinations and logding values. We offer incredible family vacation packages at amazing prices.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation...safe travels.

Leicester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Arrived late after a long drive. Registered quickly & easily. Room was great - very clean, comfortable beds, lots of room. Would have been nice to have a second TV in the "living room". Fairly expensive vs. other local facilities but quality was significantly higher also. Local hotel was not participating in nationally advertised discount program even though they were between the foliage season & ski season.

Room Tip: Rooms in back face the highway but there was very little noise
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
We really appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and our accommodations. The national franchise runs promotional programs throughout the year. Some programs are mandatory and some are at the discretion of the individually owned and operated hotels. We participate in as many of the programs as possible. In some cases, it doesn't make good business sense to participate. One example is the franchise's annual fall promotion. While the rest of the country is experiencing a significant decrease in occupancy, our foliage period happens to be our highest demand season of the entire year. As a result, we opt out of almost all the discount programs.

We hope you will stay with us in the future. Until then...safe travels!

Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

The room set up was great with a separate dining area and comfortable upholstered chairs. It added a functional space and allowed for lounging outside of the bedroom area. The front desk staff was friendly. The new player on training had a great personality.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for staying with us and posting a review on TripAdvisor. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your room and the service provided by our newest team member. Garrett, our new Guest Services Representative, has been very well received by our guests and his fellow team members. It is rare for someone so new to our team to get repeatedly recognized for his enthusiasm and professionalism. I have received a dozen or more comment cards that specifically recognize his passion and energy. He cares a lot and it shows.

I will certainly share your feedback with all our team members. We hope to see you again. Until next time...safe travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Johnsbury
Rabbit Hill Inn
Rabbit Hill Inn
#1 of 4 in Saint Johnsbury
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,226 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain? Share your experiences!