“Not a typical Comfort Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
GreenLeadersGold level
USA
“Not a typical Comfort Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

As a business traveler, traveling weekly, I don't typically think of staying at a Comfort Inn. This was anything but your typical Comfort Inn; it's in a league of its own. It far exceeded my expectations.

The front desk people were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. There was a complimentary, hot breakfast. The gift shop was neat, and included local syrup.

As I was walking out the door to head to dinner, there was another guest getting his instructions on how to operate a snow mobile. I have to admit I was jealous he was enjoying the area for more than just a buiness trip.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
We really appreciate you staying with us while traveling on business and then taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and my team members. We would LOVE to host your next vacation. While snowmobiling is a wildly fun experience, we have an amazing list of outdoor experiences available starting in late spring. We offer world class mountain biking, hiking, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, family oriented amusement parks, etc. If you get a minute look for our independent website and check out all the amazingly fun things there are to do. In the short term, for the next few weeks only, we will be immersed in "sugaring season". When daytime temps exceed freezing and they dip below overnight, the maple sap starts flowing. If you have never experienced a "Sugar on Snow" party...you need to. I'll just leave it at that.

We'll hope to see you soon. Until then...safe travels.

Brett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Whitman, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Beautiful hotel with very clean and comfortable rooms. Breakfast was actually pretty good for being free the waffles especially. The staff there was very friendly and helpful with any questions about the area. The pool and the game room were a plus for the kids at night. And the game room is more like an actual arcade.

Green Features: I like that there was a recycling bin in the room. There should be one in every hotel room.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your vacation. Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor and for all the positive feedback. As you mentioned, we are extremely family friendly. We host thousands of vacationing familes all year long. Vermont's Northeast Kingdom is the ideal location to reconnect with your spouse and children.

We will look forward to seeing you in the future. Until next time...safe travels!!!

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The staff was pleasant, the rooms were large and well-equipped and for sure clean, the pool was great and the breakfast was delicious. We got the ski and stay package and it was a great deal with the two adult lift tickets, the breakfast for four of us and the hotel accommidations - we stayed for four night and will increase that to more next year when we go again. There was a fridge and microwave in the room which was a bonus.

Green Features: Recylcing bin in the bathroom was good. I appreciated that they took the care and had this available to us.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for allowing us to host your winter vacation. I'm really pleased to hear you will be back and for even longer next season. We would love to see you this coming summer. We are an amazing location for summer family vacations. We are 20 minutes from some of NH's best attractions. Even closed to Vermont's best outdoor activities.

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We will look forward to seeing you again. Until next time...safe travels.

Merrimac, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

My family had a GREAT experience at this hotel. Perfect location, right off highway and 20 minutes from Burke and 1 hour from Jay. Everything was clean and new. Had two pillow options, soft and medium/firm, which was HUGE in comfort/sleep satisfaction. Beds were very comfortable. Pool clean and lots of chairs/tables poolside to lounge while watching kids. Great arcade, no frills, just enough for kids and .50 per game!.. not bad with a good selection. Breakfast was also excellent with very friendly/helpful staff. I would go back no problem!! Loved it! lastly... my 9 year old daughter wrote in her critique of room/hotel that she wrote and left... "and it even had a gift shop"!!

Room Tip: I picked top floor and away from elevator.... I always like it quiet or as much as possible!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for allowing us to host your vacation. We appreciate you staying with us and taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all the positive feedback on our facility. Please let your daughter know that we are "reinventing" our gift shop. We will be carrying several new lines of products that I think she will enjoy.

Thanks again for staying with us. Until next time...safe travels.

Cibolo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Everything was absolutely perfect. The staff was so nice and extremely helpful when we had questions. The bed was amazing. We stayed in the Presidential Suite and Oh my goodness! I felt like a queen! It was so perfect, we waited until the very last minute to check out. We will most definitely stay here again when we go back to Vermont in the summer.

Room Tip: For a couple, pick the presidential suite!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us and posting your first review on TripAdvisor. We love all the feedback we get, but I'm always extra pleased when we inspire a person to write their first TripAdvisor review. Be forewarned...its addicting. I'm glad you enjoyed our Presidential Suite. The suite was just completely remodeled. It was always a beautiful room, but now it is breathtaking.

We will look forward to seeing you again. Until next time...safe travels.

Woodstock, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was a great place to stay. The beds were so comfortable, the lobby was very inviting.our room was clean too!The staff was very friendly, and helpful.The only area that could be improved is breakfast, although it was not bad the cereal was a little on the stale side. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
We really appreciate you staying with us and then taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. Since installing our new bedding package, I am asked no less than five times a week for information on "what our secret is". I have a standard email that I send out to inquiring guests. Don't hesitate to reach out to me if you are interested in the information. I really appreciate all the positive feedback and will look into your observation on the cereal. We are in the final month of our busiest winter season ever. We may have received an older case of cereal, but there is no chance that it hasn't been being consumed fast enough or was overstocked. We've had to locate additional storage just to keep up with the demand on our breakfast. Certainly is a great problem to have!

Thanks again for staying with us. We will look forward to next time.

Until then...safe travels.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed in four different hotels on this trip in VT and NH, and this is the one I was the most concerned about despite the glowing reviews. Not all Comfort Inn's are that great. But this facility ended up being the best hotel I stayed in on the trip.
First of all, the oatmeal raisin cookies alone would be a reason to come back. Really. I took one at check in but did not try it until I was ready for bed and I almost considered getting dressed to go back for another. I am allergic to chocolate, as are many people, but most hotels only have chocolate chip cookies.
Room was incredibly large and immaculate. This was not always the case at the other brands.
Staff charming and helpful. I bought a postcard and they even had postage for it. I did not partake of the breakfast besides snagging some bananas. Looked like a decent spread.
I want to come back and bring my family.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. There is both positive and negative that goes along with any franchise affiliation. No matter what...customers come with a certain set of expectations. We have spent 14 years "breaking the mold". We pride ourselves on exceeding our guests expectations. I'm thrilled you enjoyed our cookies. Fortunately (for my waistline), our baker cooks a lot of chocolate chip cookies. I LOVE THE OATMEAL COOKIES!!! I was very pleased to read your reviews on our accommodations and team members. Please know that ALL reviews are shared internally.

I'm really glad you are considering a return visit with your family. We would really love to host your next vacation. Until next time...safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Johnsbury
#2 of 2 in Saint Johnsbury
Colonnade Inn
Colonnade Inn
#1 of 1 in Lyndonville

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain? Share your experiences!