“Was OK with some reservations ”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Was OK with some reservations ”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night. The lobby was appealing and the staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was good but the mattresses were old and had valleys in them and should be replaced. Noise levels in the room were also a minor issue. It sounded like we had elephants below us. The good news is that they settled down before we retired for the night. Breakfast buffet was a C+, we were not impressed. The pool area was very nice and the gym was well equipped.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brandy D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thanks for the feedback and review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the delay in a management response. I have recently transitioned as the General Manager at the property. I appreciate the feedback in regards to the mattresses and will look into the age of the mattresses. Our rooms were just updated with new sofas, carpet and other items, however I am not positive on the mattresses. Our hotel is subject to the Choice brand offerings for breakfast, however we do supply approved additions including gluten free products and real VT maple syrup. If traveling to our hotel in the future please reach out to me and I will see how we can improve the breakfast during your stay. Thanks again for the review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I always stay here when visiting the Kingdom. Very comfortable and relaxing after a hard day of riding the trails at KT. Large rooms, bike friendly, good breakfast . The only reason I am not going with 5 stars is this property tends to be a bit pricy. So although it's a really nice property, it's doesn't get 5 stars for value.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the delay in a management response as I am the new General Manager. I am happy to hear that you enjoy a comfortable and convenient stay with us when riding the Kingdom Trails. In regards to the value for the price you pay with us...have you checked into our Kingdom Trails bike package. This may be a great option for you if visiting in the future! We also offer ski packages in the winter...some exceptional prices for Jay Peak, Burke Mountain and Cannon. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you in the future!
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was close to where I needed to be for work. Very nice!! Not much to offer around the hotel food wise but there is a little Chinese place beside the Mobil gas station that I picked up take-out & it was good too. The staff was VERY helpful at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! I apologize for the delay in a response. I am the new General Manager of the hotel and am happy to see the nice review. Happy to accommodate while in the area for business. I hope you can come to the area and enjoy a leisure trip... if not we're happy to have you stay in the future and have the opportunity to take care of you while traveling for business. Thanks again for the review.
Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The room was very clean and the breakfast area was also tidy. We loved the pool though it was quite odd (sloping sides to a very deep middle? Hmm. But it was heated and indoor- a plus! The beds were a little soft, but there were plenty of pillows.

Green Features: I'm curious about he styrofoam-like cups, etc. I guess they biodegradable, but how long do they take to break down? I should have taken one as an experiment!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking your time to review us on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the delay in management response. I have recently transitioned as the General Manager here. I am unsure on the breakdown of the cups we offer but I am always up for an experiment myself. I will look into this for future knowledge...and now curiosity. Thanks again for the review.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Staff was excellent - really seemed pleased to help. The room was beautiful and immaculate. Pool, sauna, exercise room & hot tub were all in excellent condition. Breakfast was top-notch - fresh Belgian waffles & pure Vermont maple syrup. I left there really wishing I could have enjoyed a few more days. I will not hesitate to return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for all the positive feedback and posting a review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate you staying with us. I will happily share your review with all my team members. We hope to see you again in the future.

Until next time...safe travels.

VermontTajMahal@aol.com
Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We spent three nights at the Comfort Inn while visiting family in the area. The room was spacious and clean, if we are in the area again we would certainly choose the Comfort Inn again. Great central location for sightseeing the area.

Room Tip: Good luck if you request rooms near other family members staying there also.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We appreciate you staying with us and posting such a nice review on TripAdvisor. I was really glad to read your review and appreciate all the positive feedback. Please know that we genuinely try and accommodate all guest requests. During periods of peak occupancy, we sometimes struggle to get everyone's location and/or room preferences met.

We hope to see you in the future. Until next time...safe travels.

VermomtTajMahal@aol.com
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stopped over here just for one night on a road trip. . It's clean, people are very friendly, the room was nice . Breakfast was decent and plentiful. This is the only place I would stay if I am in this area again going to Boston.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit. Hopefully, you will consider us as a possible multi-night destinaton on your next trip through. We offer a great central location for exploring both northern NH and VT.

Until next time...safe travels!

VermontTajMahal@aol.com
#5 of 5 in Littleton
Fairbanks Inn
Fairbanks Inn
#2 of 2 in Saint Johnsbury

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain? Share your experiences!