“Surprisingly great hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed one night in a King Suite for a wedding nearby. Hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. the hotel was clean and our room was also. The bed was comfy and the room was very spacious. We were also really surprised by the complimentary breakfast offered, as it had a really great selection of hot food. Only downside is there is no in-hotel dining other than breakfast. There are two restaurants in the area that deliver, a pizza place and a Chinese food place, and will bring it right up to your room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Brandy D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I apologize in the delay in a response on behalf of the hotel. It is such a beautiful area for weddings...especially outdoor weddings. I have to wonder if the wedding you attended was at the local favorite spot at the Alerin Barn. Regardless, I appreciate you staying with our property and am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Staff was friendly and the suite was the perfect size for our family of five. There were enough linens and pillows for everyone. The staff gladly obliged when we asked for extra shampoo and conditioner. The waffles with Vermont maple syrup made a great start to our day.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor! I apologize for the delay in management response. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. The Vermont maple syrup is a favorite amongst our visitors. We are always happy to oblige with special requests and extra amenities. Please consider staying with us in the future if visiting the Northeast Kingdom and we can be sure to have your room accommodated with additional shampoos, conditioners, etc. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night. The lobby was appealing and the staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was good but the mattresses were old and had valleys in them and should be replaced. Noise levels in the room were also a minor issue. It sounded like we had elephants below us. The good news is that they settled down before we retired for the night. Breakfast buffet was a C+, we were not impressed. The pool area was very nice and the gym was well equipped.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the feedback and review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the delay in a management response. I have recently transitioned as the General Manager at the property. I appreciate the feedback in regards to the mattresses and will look into the age of the mattresses. Our rooms were just updated with new sofas, carpet and other items, however I am not positive on the mattresses. Our hotel is subject to the Choice brand offerings for breakfast, however we do supply approved additions including gluten free products and real VT maple syrup. If traveling to our hotel in the future please reach out to me and I will see how we can improve the breakfast during your stay. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I always stay here when visiting the Kingdom. Very comfortable and relaxing after a hard day of riding the trails at KT. Large rooms, bike friendly, good breakfast . The only reason I am not going with 5 stars is this property tends to be a bit pricy. So although it's a really nice property, it's doesn't get 5 stars for value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the delay in a management response as I am the new General Manager. I am happy to hear that you enjoy a comfortable and convenient stay with us when riding the Kingdom Trails. In regards to the value for the price you pay with us...have you checked into our Kingdom Trails bike package. This may be a great option for you if visiting in the future! We also offer ski packages in the winter...some exceptional prices for Jay Peak, Burke Mountain and Cannon. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel was close to where I needed to be for work. Very nice!! Not much to offer around the hotel food wise but there is a little Chinese place beside the Mobil gas station that I picked up take-out & it was good too. The staff was VERY helpful at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! I apologize for the delay in a response. I am the new General Manager of the hotel and am happy to see the nice review. Happy to accommodate while in the area for business. I hope you can come to the area and enjoy a leisure trip... if not we're happy to have you stay in the future and have the opportunity to take care of you while traveling for business. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The room was very clean and the breakfast area was also tidy. We loved the pool though it was quite odd (sloping sides to a very deep middle? Hmm. But it was heated and indoor- a plus! The beds were a little soft, but there were plenty of pillows.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking your time to review us on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the delay in management response. I have recently transitioned as the General Manager here. I am unsure on the breakdown of the cups we offer but I am always up for an experiment myself. I will look into this for future knowledge...and now curiosity. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Staff was excellent - really seemed pleased to help. The room was beautiful and immaculate. Pool, sauna, exercise room & hot tub were all in excellent condition. Breakfast was top-notch - fresh Belgian waffles & pure Vermont maple syrup. I left there really wishing I could have enjoyed a few more days. I will not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
BrettLoehr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for all the positive feedback and posting a review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate you staying with us. I will happily share your review with all my team members. We hope to see you again in the future.

Until next time...safe travels.

Brett

Fairbanks Inn
Fairbanks Inn
#2 of 2 in Saint Johnsbury
Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain? Share your experiences!