“Family Vacation”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Great hotel to stay in. Very clean. Beds were very comfortable, we loved the pillows and blankets. The room with 2 queen beds was large enough for 3 of us. Breakfast was not as we expected, though, just simple stuff. I have stayed at Comfort Inn in Burlington, MA, and the breakfast there was perfect: hot oatmeal, fruit, omelets, etc. There were a lot of people in the restaurant, the line was long and there were no places to sit, so some people had to go back to their rooms to eat. We skipped the breakfast and drove to Anthony's Diner.

Room Tip: Room depend on your needs.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Brandy D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thanks for your review and feedback on your recent stay. I apologize that the complimentary breakfast was not as you expected and that you were unable to enjoy it at all due to how busy it was. I am glad to hear that it did not effect your overall satisfaction of the hotel and the comfort of your stay. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the future. Thanks for taking your time to review us on Trip Advisor.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Pulling up to this hotel one could tell this was going to be nice. Wife and grandson stayed here one night on our way back to NC from a vacation in Canada. This is a 4 story (plus pool, fitness center and game room in basement) structure that dominates the landscape. The circular driveway, plants, flowers and walkways on the exterior remind one of a 5-star resort. Inside the lobby area is huge with carpeted stairs going to 2nd level or down to pool level, The breakfast area is well laid out and offers coffe, juices, eggs, meat, make your own waffle, fruit, yougart and cerals with plenty of seating. The pool is huge with a nice hot tub. Lots of seating and towels. The fitness center is the best I have run into at a Choice Hotel. Five resistance weight machines to work upper body and one for legs. Free hand weights. Three treadmills that work. Two recumbent bikes that work. A step climber, an eliptical and a rowing machine. A TV and towels are in the room. There is a mini-market next to the front desk that sells drinks, Ben and Jerry's ice cream, a variety of snacks and some microwave meals. All are expensive. The rooms (we had king with sleeper sofa) are pretty standard size for Comfort Suites but very clean and modern. Adequate furniture. No complaints. Highly recommend this Comfort Suites for its amenties and resort like feel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

What a wonderful review. I apologize for the delay in a response. I am the new General Manager of the property. It is reassuring with reviews such as yours that I am truly in a property that is going to fulfill with pride. I am happy that you enjoyed the property while traveling home from Canada. Have you considered a vacation in the Northeast Kingdom? We offer a variety of outdoor attractions in our area including biking on kingdom trails, hiking, canoing and of course skiing and snowmobiling in the winter season. We hope that you consider coming to the area to enjoy all the areas natural attractions. Thanks for the wonderful review and taking the time to post on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We arrived quite late after coming from an afternoon in North Conway. This hotel is large and very impressive to see as it looks like a chateau or similar. I have no complaints whatsoever about the hotel itself but you must prepare yourself for the lack of food offerings in the nearby area. We ended up getting McDonalds which is quite unusual for our evening meal, and no we are not fine diners! I needed to get something at a pharmacy but unfortunately it was just after 9 PM and that was the end of that quest.. Pretty much everything close by was closed down for the night.

Breakfast was the typical Comfort Inn morning fare and more than adequate.

While it is not likely that we will be back in this area, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Certainly one of the best Comfort Inns I have been in, and next time would make sure we eat somewhere else first.

Very convenient to Intestates 91 and 93 and on US Route 5 so the convenience cannot be beat. We go to Choice hotels only and this is the only one in the region. Thank goodness it was excellent!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the delay in a response. I am the new General Manager of the property. I appreciate the so called "sleepiness" of the town not effecting the overall satisfaction of your hotel stay with us. Although there is plenty to do in the area during the daytime hours it is a quaint town and offerings later in the evening are more minimal. There is a wonderful local spot "Bailiwicks" that is a guest favorite and does serve until 10 pm or so. Typically dinner after 10pm is difficult to find in the immediate area. There is delivery from a local pizza place, that I will say is very good. Please consider staying with us in the future and we can always recommend dining options in the immediate and surrounding areas. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My first time in Vermont and this is one of the only hotels in miles. It has beautiful landscape quiet off the main street Family friendly helpful staff salt water pool that includes a chair lift a sauna and whirlpool large breakfast choice clean rooms still looks like new

Room Tip: this hotel goes above and beyond even offers a chair lift into the pool for those with mobility prob...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for the review and taking the time to post it on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you appreciated your stay in our hotel. I am the new General Manager and am looking forward to more wonderful reviews such as yours. The chair lift is a newer feature in the hotel and is an important asset to accommodate all guests to enjoy the pool area. Thanks again for the review and we hope you will return for a future visit with us!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Happened on to this Comfort Inn following my GPS. Without a doubt it is the nicest one I have ever seen or stayed in. The price reflects the facility but it is well worth the cost. It is in the country but still close to town. I 91 is adjacent. The grounds are immaculately landscaped with flowers everywhere. Very attractive. Facility is large and well maintained. Rooms are quite large with all the amenities. Breakfast is included. If in the area, I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for naming us the "Best Comfort Inn Ever"! Our hotel was named Comfort Inn of the Year in 2003, an award that our team is extremely proud of! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will travel to the area in the future. There are several so many reasons to visit the Northeast Kingdom...skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, biking, etc. Hope you consider traveling to the area to enjoy the many things to do. Thanks again for the fantastic review and I'm glad you shared it on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights with our 3 young kids and many other family members. This is a nice hotel and a great place to stay with kids. They enjoyed the pool & arcade. The beds were very comfortable and had nice pillows. The rooms were clean and quiet. They staff was friendly and accomodating with requests. The complimentary breakfast had some gluten free options as well. A great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thanks for the review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the delay in a response. I am the new General Manager of the hotel and am excited about the many great reviews like yours I am seeing. I am glad to hear that your family was accommodated with the pool and arcade area, both big hits with kids and "kids at heart". Thanks again for your review and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This Comfort Inn is a large hotel situated in a wooded area near the junction of Interstates 91 and 93, just south of the town of St. Johnsbury. We were a family of three adults and two small children, who fitted comfortably into a large room with two queen beds and a pullout couch in a separate sitting area. The room was clean and well-maintained, with a small fridge and a large TV, along with free wifi. The beds were comfortable and there was almost no sound from outside or other rooms. The only annoyance was the noisy room air conditioner, mounted under the window. We discovered the next morning that we could have opened the window and dispensed with the a/c.

There was a full bathroom, with tub and shower. Despite the notices asserting that the hotel was "green" and environmentally conscious, the bath/shower control was of the type whose flow is constantly at the maximum, once turned on, and cannot be reduced to save water. The stream of water from the shower was so strong that the tub drain could not handle it all, and water built up under one's feet.

We went looking for an inexpensive supper in St. Johnsbury, and found it at Anthony's Diner on the main street. It had a good variety of tasty food at very reasonable prices, and offered friendly, obliging service.

The hotel breakfast room was spacious enough to accommodate a large crowd of diners, and had a full range of the usual hotel food items, both hot and cold. Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient, and there was lots of parking.

We found it was possible to negotiate a considerably reduced rate -- lower than a senior's, AAA, government or military -- by dealing directly with the hotel (rather than through a booking agency) and asking for the "manager's special".

Room Tip: Deal directly with the hotel, always ask for the largest, most recently renovated room possible, and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for the review on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the delay in response. I have just transitioned to this property and on behalf of the entire team would like to apologize in regards to the noisy ac unit during your stay. I will look into the shower flow as our team does take an assertiveness to being "green" as you mentioned. Our area does offer some nice local spots for dining and I am happy to hear you enjoyed a nice dinner at Anthony's Diner. I appreciate all your feedback and you taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Thanks again for the nice review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Johnsbury
#2 of 2 in Saint Johnsbury
Rabbit Hill Inn
Rabbit Hill Inn
#1 of 4 in Saint Johnsbury

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Near Burke Mountain? Share your experiences!