“Valentine's Getaway”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
Tybee Island, Georgia
“Valentine's Getaway”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I got away for a romantic weekend with our canine companion at the Fairbanks Inn and had a wonderful time. The room was super clean and cozy. Appreciate the in room refrigerator. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Took advantage of the Ski and Stay package and got a great deal. We skied Cannon Mountain and had a great time. Will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. Each of our oversized rooms are equipped with refridgerators and microwaves. I am glad you enjoyed Cannon mountain. The mountain is only 35-40 minutes away and the rates start at $139 per night and include two lift tickets. Again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to seeing you again soon. Until then, safe travels.
Tabitha
fairbanksinn@aol.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Orono, Maine
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Three of my college buddies went back to his home town for a weekend of skiing. This inn offers a ski vacation package that even we could afford. We skied one day at Jay Peak and one day at Burke Mountain. I loved both, but Burke was way closer. There were tons of snowmobilers there and families skiing. The rooms were big, clean and they had a fridge in the room for beer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. Burke is by far our most popular mountain for skiers. Our ski packages are very affordable. Jay Peak and Burke Mountain are only $159 and Cannon Mountain packages start at $139. Each package includes two lift tickets.

I will pass your kind words along to our housekeeping department. They work very hard to make our rooms clean and accommodating. Again thank you for placing a review. We will look forward to seeing you again. Until then, safe travels.

FairbanksInn@aol.com
Windham, Maine
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We loved the inn,at any price, but at these rates, what a value! The cross country skiing on "Kingdom Trails" up at Burke Mountain was just top notch! For Dinner we took our family to eat at the Creamery Restaurant and yet again we scored a great meal. The staff at the inn was great and attentive to all our needs, answered all our questions, and had great suggestions! Finally the rooms were great and the beds were just what we needed after the long day of skiing! Cannot wait to return to God's country and will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words. Cross country skiing is such a great sport and there is nowhere better to do it than at Kingdom Trails. If you are ever interested in downhill skiing, our Burke ski package is priced at only $139 which includes two lift tickets. I am a huge fan of the Creamery. Next time you are here you should consider trying Baliwicks. It is another fabulous local restaurant. Again thank you for posting a review and I hope you visit again soon. Until then, safe travels.

Cohasset, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 February 2014

It has been several years since we visited St. johnsbury for snowmobiling. This year mother nature cooperated and we were eager to return. Several other couples join us each winter for snowmobiling vacations. We have stayed at both the Comfort Inn and Fairbanks Inn in the past. Both have treated us well but we prefer the lower rates at the Fairbanks. The inn was clean, quiet, and the ladies at the front desk were very helpful. Keep up the good work. We hope to be back before the season ends!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
I am so excited that Mother Nature finally listened and has graced us with snow. We love our snowmobilers having so many familiar faces back to visit. We recognize that you have many options and appreciate you choosing us.

Our VAST snowmobile rate is only $79. With all the snow we are currently receiving, I hope you will be back to visit us. Until then, safe travels.

Lakeville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Our family had a very pleasant stay at the Fairbanks this past week. We had a great rate, enjoyed skiing nearby, and the staff couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful. Area was quiet, room was clean. Looking forward to our next relaxing ski vacation at the Fairbanks!

Room Tip: Call early for best selection.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for leaving a review for the Fairbanks Inn. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. With the closest mountain only being 20 minutes away and our prices starting at $139…we offer an amazing value. Again thank you for taking the time to post a review. Until next time, safe travels.

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My family, (which happens to include a 4 year old Golden Retriever) stays at the Fairbanks Inn for Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. Instead of staying at one of our parents homes, (both my wife and I grew up in Saint Johnsbury) we prefer the convenience and quality that we receive at the Fairbanks Inn. We never have to worry about what we are going to do with our furry family member because they have a pet-friendly section of the hotel which alleviates much of the holiday stress that we experienced in the past.

Also, most hotels that we have stayed at during the holidays are simply sub-par. It is generally very difficult to get the staff to do anything, let alone get them on the phone. This is not the case with Fairbanks Inn. In fact, they go the extra mile to leave gift baskets at our door filled with goodies which our 8 year old loves.

The Fairbanks Inn sits on a very large lot. This is great because our daughter can take our dog outback and play in the snow and be surrounded by trees and quiet!

All of the rooms that we have stayed in have been well appointed and clean.

We would recommend Fairbanks Inn to anyone visiting the area if they are looking for quality, convenience, cost efficiency and good location to the highway, town and Burke for skiing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This was my second time staying at the Fairbanks in one month. The first time we walked into a room smelling of urine so badly we had to ask for our room to be changed. The second room was fair. Lots of stains on the carpets but got through it just fine.

The second time will be my last! First off I think there are some transient drug dealers living there. It wouldn't take an idiot to figure out drugs are being dealt out of there. Watched several people who appeared to be strung out on heroin in and out of a room.

Some zombie looking drunks tried to enter my room, holding beer cans and then his friend suggested we were the "neighbors". We physically had move them out of our room as my sister was just arriving and entering with her two small children.

Crazy parties all night. The room above us had a girl screaming for it all night. We couldn't figure out if she was being raped or was really enjoying it. This went on until maybe their cocaine ran out at 5 AM. Our kids was awake all night.

When I suggested it was loud as we checked out, the woman at the counter said "yah something like that" as I went on to say this is quite the party place.

Also the state police and local police were in and out of the parking lot the entire time both times I stayed.

The rooms are OK. Lots of stains on the carpets and the blankets are old and gross. The kind of place you wonder if the sheets actually get changed. We stayed there for the ski and stay deal but not worth it. The parties, drunks and drug addicts keep you up all night long.

There is no way the staff was unaware of what was going on at this place!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Fairbanksinn78, director of operations at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
My name is Brett Loehr and I am the regional manager that oversees the operations of the Fairbanks Inn. On behalf of my entire team, I would like to sincerely apologize. Please know that we have taken immediate steps that ensure no one else will have a similar experience. I have reached out to you directly and will do everything in my power to earn back your trust. My direct line is (802) 748-6136 should any guests in the past, present, or future decide they would like to contact me.

Brett Loehr
Rabbit Hill Inn
Rabbit Hill Inn
#1 of 4 in Saint Johnsbury
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,226 reviews

Been to Fairbanks Inn? Share your experiences!