The room was out dated and the building is obviously old, but I could not hear as much creaking as I had expected to when I first looked at the place. The grounds behind are huge, green, and beautiful The private terrace is a great touch! There were a few annoyances like holes in the screen so I couldn't leave the door open, and a fossil of a television set, but the room was clean. The coffee in the morning was fresh and tasted good, wish they had a fruit bowl or something but they did have coupons to a diner down the road (a road that is very much under some sort of heavy construction so ask about alternate routes).
The best thing about this place was the staff! When I checked in the girl was friendly and answered my questions even though she looked busy. When I went to get my coffee though the girl was just pouring the pot into the thermos and she was humming pleasantly. She greeted me warmly and asked if I had had a good nights sleep. I came back later for a refill and the same girl was in a lively conversation with a gentleman, both were jovial and again she greeted me and the other person who came in after me. The one employee, in a green smock so I assume she was a housekeeper, an older lady with an accent I saw outside also greeted me warmly.
A place that has such pleasant and nice employees must be an overall great place to stay, even if it is a little outdated. I will go back next time I am in the area, just for the attitudes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Vermont's Friendliest Inn," nestled in the heart of Vermont's Northeast Kingdom. Forty-six spacious, newly renovated guest-appointed rooms & suites, outdoor seasonal heated pool, beautifully landscaped courtyard, private balconies, poolside rooms.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Fairbanks Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairbanks Hotel Saint Johnsbury
- Fairbanks Motel Saint Johnsbury