“a little old but very friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fairbanks Inn

Fairbanks Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
Deltona, Florida
“a little old but very friendly”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The room was out dated and the building is obviously old, but I could not hear as much creaking as I had expected to when I first looked at the place. The grounds behind are huge, green, and beautiful The private terrace is a great touch! There were a few annoyances like holes in the screen so I couldn't leave the door open, and a fossil of a television set, but the room was clean. The coffee in the morning was fresh and tasted good, wish they had a fruit bowl or something but they did have coupons to a diner down the road (a road that is very much under some sort of heavy construction so ask about alternate routes).

The best thing about this place was the staff! When I checked in the girl was friendly and answered my questions even though she looked busy. When I went to get my coffee though the girl was just pouring the pot into the thermos and she was humming pleasantly. She greeted me warmly and asked if I had had a good nights sleep. I came back later for a refill and the same girl was in a lively conversation with a gentleman, both were jovial and again she greeted me and the other person who came in after me. The one employee, in a green smock so I assume she was a housekeeper, an older lady with an accent I saw outside also greeted me warmly.

A place that has such pleasant and nice employees must be an overall great place to stay, even if it is a little outdated. I will go back next time I am in the area, just for the attitudes.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at this great hotel. Large rooms and comfortable beds. The pool area is very well maintained. The entire rear area is large, great to play. They even allow pets! The staff were very helpful and pleasant. Check in was a breeze, and took only a few short minutes. Restaurants are only a few minutes drive away. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are always available at the reception. Great view from our balcony, forested hills. Small river nearby, supplies some soft ambient sounds. If you want a nice place, where you can relax, swim and enjoy yourself this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Balconys are on the courtyard and top floor units.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steven W
Springfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Fairbanks Inn and was very pleased. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. I loved that there was fresh coffee in the lobby and sitting out by the pool in the morning was lovely. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a great stay. Our courtyard and pool are very relaxing and I am glad you were able to enjoy them. Most of our rooms have private balconies overlooking the courtyard and pool.Not to mention the incredible views of the mountains from your balcony. Again thank you for taking the time to place a review on trip advisor and I hope to see you again. Until then safe travels.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel was much nicer than I expected. The rooms were very spacious and clean. You get your own private balcony with a good view. The outdoor pool was also very nice and well taken care of. And the WiFi was consistently working and fast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place a review on trip advisor. Each of our beautiful and over sized guest rooms on the 2nd and third level have private balconies overlooking our gorgeous courtyard and sleeper river. the view of the mountains is also quite the sight to see.our outdoor heated pool is a big hit especially on those hot and muggy evenings such as we have had lately.Again thank you for your kind words and I hope to see you again the next time you travel our way. Until then Safe travels.
Camden, Maine
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Arrived Thursday late evening, but could see great views from my private balcony. The bathroom smelled a bit "off". but the room was clean and bed comfortable. Coffee/tea service available 24/7 although if you want breakfast you'd have to go elsewhere as there is no food service.
Monday evening about 2100 I returned to room and the temp was about 90 degrees! I visited the desk and was blithely told that the circuit breaker must have tripped. (like this was not an unusual occurrence) I wanted to ask if the maintenance staff ever checked these. There were times during the night when I couldn't hear the A/C.
The staff was friendly and as reported before I had a balcony which I had to retreat from several times as smokers were gathered below.
Not a bad stay. The area and views made up for the shortcomings.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Denis W
First i would like to thank you for taking the time to place a review of the Fairbanks Inn on trip advisor.I apologize for the issue you incurred with your air conditioning unit. During the time you were here we had some very hot days and nights and unfortunately it caused some issues with our systems.I can assure you the chief engineer does in fact keep a close eye on our system but the extreme heat can not be avoided. As you mentioned we do not serve breakfast and do offer hot chocolate, coffee, and tea in the lobby. I sure hope you took advantage of the 10% off coupons we offer to a couple local and nearby diners.Again thank you for your review and I hope the next time you are in town you will stay with us again. Until then Safe travels!

Essex, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel has a lot of good things going for it:
(1) great location convenient to routes 2 and I-91 yet far enough away that there is no traffic noise, one hears only the rushing water of the river
(2) beautiful expansive grounds, perfect for my dog burn off a little steam by chasing her ball
(3) spacious rooms with a split bathroom: shower/tub/toilet and one sink on one side, a second sink in a separate alcove, decor not fancy but clean and perfectly adequate
(4) very comfortable bed
(5) very helpful staff
A few minor hitches:
(1) one of the sink drains was clogged, staff brought drano stuff but still no luck, fortunately we could use the other one
(2) yes the hot water runs brown briefly when you first turn it on, but then becomes clear, no big deal

Room Tip: Get a top floor room if you sleep lightly. We were on the ground floor and could hear people moving...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Muiggs46
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Fairbanks Inn.
We adore our four legged guests. The first floor is perfect for folks traveling with their dogs as the room opens up to our beautiful and over sized courtyard. The pet stations are a great accessory we have as well. All of our dog friendly rooms are conveniently located on our first floor. Our water is not typically brown or colored at all really. Due to all of the road construction there have been a couple occasions that our water has been discolored. Until next time safe travels.

fairbanksinn@aol.com
Wayland
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is the second time that I have stayed here and it is okay. If it was not for the location just off the highway it would not be worth the $127.34 that I paid. The decor is just ok, the room was clean, but the air conditioning very noisy. The thing that bothered me the most was that I used priceline and it took the girl over 20 minutes to figure out how to get me a room then not only did I have priceline come out of my account but Fairbanks Inn put a $151 hold on my account for incidentals, what incidentials there is nothing there to be an incidential. That hold is still not off my account, I was told a hold would be on my account but no one said it would be more than what I paid for the room. I was told the hold would be off tonight, it still is not. It is okay just to crash but if you stay for more than a day go elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CRRAVOSA
Thank you for taking the time to place a review on trip advisor. I apologize that you were not happy with your stay. The loud air conditioning has been addressed and I appreciate you bringing that to my attention. I apologize for the confusion at check in. Steps have been taken to address your situation so it does not occur again.The hold on your credit card should be released by now. It generally can take up to 7 days for it to release. I hope you chose to stay here again the next time you are going through. Until then Safe travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Johnsbury
#2 of 5 in Littleton
Rabbit Hill Inn
Rabbit Hill Inn
#1 of 4 in Saint Johnsbury

Been to Fairbanks Inn? Share your experiences!