“Pricey Average”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Saint Johnsbury
Toronto, Canada
“Pricey Average”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

A nice setting along a small river so the courtyard units have a nice view. The WiFi and TV worked well. Down hill from there. The bedside lamps did not work. The hot water can scald you. There is no plug by the desk. The small fridge hums loudly. The floor of the unit above creaks every time someone moves. The room had a bit of a humid/moldy smell. But maybe it was just our room that had issues.There is no elevator so getting to the courtyard units requires a bit of doing, and the second floor units are up a flight of stairs. I expected much more for the price, but then there are not a lot of choices in St Johnsbury.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BandB-1508

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Brunswick, Maine, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

What a great find this hotel was! Traveling for business in VT this past week on 31 July, we arrived with no advance reservation and could not have been more pleased with this Inn! Greeted with a warm welcome, we were very pleased with the affordable, quiet, HUGE room (#214) with two very comfortable, Queen size beds. Check in was fast and efficient. Parking was easy, right next to the hotel. Our door opened to the outdoors as opposed to an indoor corridor which we were pleased with. Bedding was clean and plush, Internet was easy and fast, fresh hot coffee in the lobby area 24/7 and the spacious deck overlooking a grassy, nicely maintained & landscaped lawn was an unexpected pleasure! Our room even had two separate sinks and mirrored counter areas, a mini frig and the bathroom was very clean. We asked for dining recommendations and loved the Thai restaurant which was one of the restaurants the front desk associate recommended; it was nearby and the food was WONDERFUL!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Star C
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to place a wonderful review on trip advisor. I am thrilled you had such a positive experience. We try very hard to make our guests feel at home while they are away. The double vanities are a huge hit as two people can get ready at the same time. We recently have had many upgrades to the Inn. New flat screen televisions, sofa's, and lighting have recently have been added. Again thank you so much for your thoughtful comments and I hope to see you the next time you are in the area. Until then safe travels.

Respectfully,
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We spent a week with our two kids and dog at the Inn. Everyone was so helpful and friendly--from the housekeeping staff to the manager(s) on duty. The grounds were clean and tidy. Despite the street construction going on outside, we slept well and enjoyed the ever-changing Vermont weather while out and about exploring local attractions. Would stay again!

Room Tip: For those traveling with a dog, you will be in the back on the ground level. Great access to wide o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments. The chief engineer works very hard to keep the grounds clean and tidy. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay even with all of the construction going on in town.There is so much to do with your family when here. From kayaking the passumpsic river, mountain biking at Kingdom trails, visiting santa at Santa's village, visiting the Great Vermont Corn Maze. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again the next time you are in the area. Until then safe travels.

Deltona, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The room was out dated and the building is obviously old, but I could not hear as much creaking as I had expected to when I first looked at the place. The grounds behind are huge, green, and beautiful The private terrace is a great touch! There were a few annoyances like holes in the screen so I couldn't leave the door open, and a fossil of a television set, but the room was clean. The coffee in the morning was fresh and tasted good, wish they had a fruit bowl or something but they did have coupons to a diner down the road (a road that is very much under some sort of heavy construction so ask about alternate routes).

The best thing about this place was the staff! When I checked in the girl was friendly and answered my questions even though she looked busy. When I went to get my coffee though the girl was just pouring the pot into the thermos and she was humming pleasantly. She greeted me warmly and asked if I had had a good nights sleep. I came back later for a refill and the same girl was in a lively conversation with a gentleman, both were jovial and again she greeted me and the other person who came in after me. The one employee, in a green smock so I assume she was a housekeeper, an older lady with an accent I saw outside also greeted me warmly.

A place that has such pleasant and nice employees must be an overall great place to stay, even if it is a little outdated. I will go back next time I am in the area, just for the attitudes.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at this great hotel. Large rooms and comfortable beds. The pool area is very well maintained. The entire rear area is large, great to play. They even allow pets! The staff were very helpful and pleasant. Check in was a breeze, and took only a few short minutes. Restaurants are only a few minutes drive away. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are always available at the reception. Great view from our balcony, forested hills. Small river nearby, supplies some soft ambient sounds. If you want a nice place, where you can relax, swim and enjoy yourself this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Balconys are on the courtyard and top floor units.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steven W
Springfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Fairbanks Inn and was very pleased. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is very pleasant and accommodating. I loved that there was fresh coffee in the lobby and sitting out by the pool in the morning was lovely. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a great stay. Our courtyard and pool are very relaxing and I am glad you were able to enjoy them. Most of our rooms have private balconies overlooking the courtyard and pool.Not to mention the incredible views of the mountains from your balcony. Again thank you for taking the time to place a review on trip advisor and I hope to see you again. Until then safe travels.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel was much nicer than I expected. The rooms were very spacious and clean. You get your own private balcony with a good view. The outdoor pool was also very nice and well taken care of. And the WiFi was consistently working and fast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Fairbanksinn78, General Manager at Fairbanks Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to place a review on trip advisor. Each of our beautiful and over sized guest rooms on the 2nd and third level have private balconies overlooking our gorgeous courtyard and sleeper river. the view of the mountains is also quite the sight to see.our outdoor heated pool is a big hit especially on those hot and muggy evenings such as we have had lately.Again thank you for your kind words and I hope to see you again the next time you travel our way. Until then Safe travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Johnsbury
#5 of 5 in Littleton
Colonnade Inn
Colonnade Inn
#1 of 1 in Lyndonville

Been to Fairbanks Inn? Share your experiences!