NEK Adventures ATV & Snowmobile Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: N.E.K Adventures ATV and Snowmobile Tours offers scenic tours during the spring, summer, fall, and winter months on over 150+ miles of trail in the Northeast Kingdom. Our business is located in St. Johnsbury and our tours depart from 1763 Memorial Drive St. Johnsbury or 96 Webster Hill Rd, Danville depending on the season. Please be sure to check which location when booking. ATV tours run May to Mid-October and snow permitting Snowmobile tours run Dec. 15th to Mid-March. Call us today to book your tour!
Central MA
“ATV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I could not have been more impressed with our experience at NEK Adventures. The equipment and trails were first rate. Our guide Phil (who owns the company) did terrific job teaching us how to ride the machines safely and of explaining what we were going to do during our ride. He made the ride very interesting by sharing locally relevant history of the area. We are going back as soon as we can.
Martinez Family Massachusetts

Visited July 2013

Sutton, Vermont
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Birthday wish...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

For my 72nd birthday, I wanted to take a snowmobile tour. NEK Adventures offers tours in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom. Prior to venturing out, owner Phil gave us instructions for the snowmobile as well as 'rules of the road'. We then ventured out on perfectly groomed trails for a 2-hour, 30-mile trip deep into the gorgeous NEK. The weather and the snow were perfect. The trails were well groomed and appropriate for our skill level. The machines 'behaved' as they should. Phil took super care of us. Highly recommended!!!!

3 Thank VTsticks
Milford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best snowmobile tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

I am not one to write reviews, but I wanted to share the wonderful time I had with everyone. The snowmobiles were top notch our guide Phil was amazing!!! I can't thank him enough for the wonderful tour he guided us on. We stopped at some of the prettiest places to take pictures. Phil made sure we were comfortable and warm and at most stops he would check make sure everyone was ok and having a good time. He also pointed out moose tracks. Then there was lunch at the lodge...between the food and the company you felt like you were at your own dinner table. Everything was home made from the hot pop overs with home made blackberry/hot pepper jelly to the home made strawberry pie and everything in between. We are going back over the summer to go on the ATV tour...I'm sure they will see us next winter too! We had a good time :) Thanks Phil!!!

5 Thank KathyRen
Forest Hills, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Outstanding guided snowmobile tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

My boyfriend and I were up in St Johnsbury for a family gathering and decided to go on a 2 hour guided tour during the visit. It was FABULOUS!!!!!! Phil was extremely responsive to our initial inquiry and reservation request and followed up with all the necessary details before the trip. I was a little nervous about driving my own snowmobile since i had never done it before, but he put me at ease over the phone and i am so glad i did it. Everything was super organized, the scenery along the way was BEAUTIFUL and we had a GREAT TIME!! We hope to go back again in the Spring or Summer to go on an ATV tour. We highly recommend to everyone!

2 Thank MaryGrace11375
Huntsville, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The most fun you can have with snow boots on!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

I wanted to do something fun in the snow because shoveling isn't much fun. So a friend and I decided that we would try NEK for her birthday this year. I made our reservations with Phil, our guide, and we drove up for our tour on January 27, 2013.

I have never had so much fun with snow boots on!

We were lucky enough to have a day that was clear and beautiful. Visibility was good for miles and we took full advantage of it. It took a few miles to get a feel for using the sleds, but it wasn't long and we were following trails up the mountains, over small bridges, across open fields, and up to a lookout that gave us a view all the way to the majestic White Mountains. You could see clouds encircling a few of the peaks!

Phil had quick stories and anecdotes for our stops and was patient and kind enough to explain the trails and VAST system to me. (Which is beautifully maintained.) We rode for a couple of hours and then stopped for the most wonderful lunch at The Lodge at the Curtis Vance Memorial Orchard. If you can, make that your lunch stop. Those folks know how to roll out a warm welcome and wonderful meal. (Try the blackberry/jalapeno jelly.)

We ended our trip with more time on the sleds and it was fantastic. It's exhilerating! Keep an eye out for shaggy cows, moose, and other riders, you're going to have an amazing time.

And tip your guide! That guy rocks.

4 Thank MsMely