“Clean, comfortable”

Days Inn Shelburne/burlington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Shelburne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Hebrew first
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I found the Days Inn at Shelburne Vermont to be just great. Hope I can go back next year. My room was clean, and large enough. Everything worked- coffee maker, TV, etc. There were enough drawers for my belongings and endless hot water in the shower. Thought its on a busy street, I didn't hear any traffic noise, mostly because its set back off the road.

Claudia at the front desk was great. Funny, friendly & helpful. Cleaning staff found my lost earbuds and returned them before I'd even checked out, after I'd asked them to look.

The view out my window was lovely- tall trees, green field, with geese in the pond.

It's close to Lake Champlain , Shelburne Farms, Shelburne Museum, Burlington, and some good restaurants. Plenty of local color, and not far from the glorious foliage in the mountains. The lobby had plenty of helpful brochures about all those places and more.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms facing roughly east are my favorites.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
dmolsen, Owner at Days Inn Shelburne/burlington, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you for your review of our property. We are happy that you found our motel comfortable and convenient. Please consider our motel when your travel plans bring you to our area again. We will pass your comments on to Claudia. All the best from the staff of Days Inn Shelburne to you in your future travels.

SouthCarolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

The hotel is set a little bit back from the road, with a pretty field behind it and a grill under a tree. A lower level lobby had chairs, tables, and jigsaw puzzles. It is in a very convenient location for Shelburne and not bad for Burlington. The price was awfully high, but so was everyplace else for Columbus Day weekend. Our room was clean, though the hallway smelled stale. The beds had those very thick mattresses that are on the soft side. My frustration was that I had chosen this hotel because we could get a room with a kitchenette. The kitchenette turned out to be a counter with a sink, microwave, and under-counter refrigerator, plus a table with four chairs. There was an incomplete set of dishes and flatware for four, one large bowl, and some plastic cooking tools. I had brought food counting on having a stove and some pans. The person at the desk did get me another dinner plate when I complained that we only had one, but said that a kitchenette meant an eating table.

Room Tip: The back side has a nice view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest;

Thank you so much for your review. We apologize for the dishes. I will have to make sure everyone knows there are more dishes. We have difficulty in keeping the dishes and this time of year they usually need replenishing. Again I do apologize but we are very pleased that you found most everything to your satisfaction. Please visit us again if you are in our area. Thank you for your review.

Sharon, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

There is a sign at the front desk saying the hotel is undergoing renovations but I didn't see any signs of it. Renovations are definitely needed, though. Some parts of the room seemed updated but some seemed old. For example, the desk chair did not fit under the desk. There were no movie channels on the TV. Breakfast room was crowded when we were there, and not well set up. The toaster was sitting on a chair in the corner of the room.
Convenient location for Burlington/UVM but there are other chains that are a little closer

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
dmolsen, Owner at Days Inn Shelburne/burlington, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you for your review. The motel is being renovated, although we try to make our work as discrete as possible. We have 4 full time employees doing the work. The desk chair is complicated. You have to sit in the chair and push the lever on your right down to lower the height so that the chair slides under the table. We were told this is the industry standard. We would have been happy to point this out to you. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you enjoy your travels in the future.

San Andreas, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

The service was great from the housekeeping staff to the continental breakfast. I was told that there are five housekeepers to a shift and they only have two carts. I have done that kind of work before and I believe that it would be a lot easier for the workers and a lot more efficient if there were more carts there-at least one for each worker

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest;

Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate that you took the time to comment. We have four sections, six housekeepers and four carts, one cart per section. Each house keeper has 9 rooms to clean when we are full. You may have been mislead somewhat on the cart issue but our housekeepers work very hard and we appreciate their considerable efforts.Thank you for your kind consideration both for our housekeepers and for our property.

Dianna.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,256 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#9 of 12 in South Burlington
Smart Suites Burlington
Smart Suites Burlington
#5 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Days Inn Shelburne/burlington? Share your experiences!