“King Suite Very Nice”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Shelburne
Smyrna
“King Suite Very Nice”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed here for 8 days and the suite was very nice and roomy. Staff was friendly, however, there are some housekeeping issues. Most days about 3:30 they came and brought towels and picked up trash and that's about all. Also, Internet service very spotty and slow -- had to use my hotspot most of the time for my work.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mtl
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We took a room at this hotel,thinking we would save money (110.00) for 1 nights,
This hotel is very damaged and not well maintained.
Our room was in very bad shaped and i took the less damaged one,the owners showed me 2 other rooms that were worst the the one we took.

I dont know how can this chain of hotel can keep this place open,its a disgrace for that company,i know that econo lodge is the bottom range for that chain,but there is still a minimum you should keep .

I will never go back to that place,it's too bad the others hôtels and motels in the area are way too expansive (180 to 250 a night).

Room Tip: never go there
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Shelburne hotels

London
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We took a room here before having checked the reviews on Tripadvisor otherwise we'd have gone elsewhere. To be honest, the room wasn't terrible but it felt tired, the bathroom was definitely in need of repair and generally the whole place felt unloved.

The guy at check in originally refused to honour a coupon we had, without giving a good reason, but then agreed a slightly higher rate.

Breakfast was relatively minimal although toast and coffee were all we needed to get going.

Although we didn't have a terrible time in the same way as other reviewers, in hindsight I'd have paid a little bit more for somewhere else. I recommend avoiding this place if you possibly can.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Booked this as it was the only place available for one night. Have been to other Econo Lodges before and they're okay, but this place was horrible. The mattresses were thin and lumpy, the carpet and room just seemed dirty, the patio door was difficult to lock. The ice machine was down in the basement in the main building, very scary, felt like a scene from a horror movie. Had to walk by a homeless guy sleeping out on a bench. Stayed with my 2 sisters, we went to do some shopping but will never stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Upstate NY
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Usually we do not have any trouble booking online, however we were very disappointed in our accommodations with Econ Lodge in Shelburne Vt.
For the price we paid of $139.19 the room was a disappointment.
The bathroom was very run down, their was a mildew stain on the shower curtain and the door would not close without pushing very hard on it. The door itself was in need of being replaced as you could see where parts of the wood on the bottom were stripped away and their was paint missing on it. The door closest to the 2nd bed which leads to the outside, had a deadbolt but also a door security guard that was broken. The curtain had worn holes in it. The biggest problem was the strong smell as you entered the room. It smelled like a strong cleaning product and even after leaving the door open for about 30 minutes to air it out, I could not make the smell go away. I ended up having a headache for most of the night.

I cannot speak for the other rooms but ours was very disappointing. If we were scheduled to spend another night I would have requested either another room or a refund.

When we got to the desk for admittance, they said they did not have a room for us. I adv them I booked online and they still said there was nothing for us. I reminded them that I called the night before to confirm the reservation and FINALLY they found our reservation. I had a very hard time understanding them with their broken english.

Knowing what I know now, I would have gladly spent another $50 a night for better accommodations.

I did not try the pool or the WIFI but will say this is the first room we have had in the 20 plus years we have traveled that DID NOT have a refrigerator or a hair dryer....Are they aware we are in the year 2013 and these are normal everyday items people need??

One of the pluses of booking here was that they served breakfast. I adv my husband there was no way I was putting their food in my body after experiencing their accommodations. I spent $29 at Denny's for breakfast instead,,

Look elsewhere folks, this is the not the place even for my dog.

Room Tip: Nothing good to say other than look elsewhere. Wish I did. Am hoping now I did not bring any disea...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Although my mother once told me "that if I can't say anything nice I shouldn't say anything at all", I must voice my thoughts on this "Inn and Suites" so that others do not interpret this "Lodge" as a possible place to put your head down on a pillow. Where do I start. This "Inn and Suites" was purchased specifically to buy low, allow to run down then when word is finally out that one should drive by this establishment, then maybe tear it down for it's land value. The phones did not work in the rooms. The alarm clock was not plugged in and that was because it did not work anyway. Paint only is used as a repair tool. There was no wi-fi anywhere on the property...let alone safes, fridges, hair dryers, m/w or even means to make coffee! Which is too bad about about the coffee because there was nothing but cereal with no milk, juice or coffee for continental breakfast. The rooms (2 the same) were "somewhat" clean but curtains, bedding mattresses and linens had run their course. In short, we booked on line from the pictures (which have to date back to the good old days) for $120 taxes in for 1 room. Folks this is a $39 room during a hurricane and with car troubles!! SORRY!! Would I not stay here again. Certain "offshore" owners buy lodgings with one thing in mind. Take profit and not put back. This is 1 1/2 star lower than the Travel Lodge also on Shelburne Rd where I stayed last year (that one is off my list as well). The "Lodge" type offerings seem to have run their time in the overnight accommodations sector in my opinion. Keep looking!

Room Tip: Wishing you the best on this one. I don't think there are any rooms better than others. They are...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mike m
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Misleading advertisingsuch as Pool, it is there however it is not working. WiFi, does not work. Too cramped in order to have included breakfest, no hot water when needed Etc.etc. Management long on excuses but short on solutions. Only good thing was we were refunded 1 of 2 nights that we stayed. First clue of things to come was that we were asked to pay up front 2 nights. Would rather sleep in car than stay there again. !!

Room Tip: Last resort and even then, go a little further !
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Edouard N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
Smart Suites Burlington
#5 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Shelburne? Share your experiences!