“Good eats in a casual atmosphere”
Review of Archie's Grill

Archie's Grill
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Shelburne
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving choice grilling burgers and other delicious food with a fresh, locally sourced spin.
Green Valley
“Good eats in a casual atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good food; order at the counter and go get the food when your number is called. Consistently good food at reasonable prices. Outdoor seating for those rare occasions when it isn't raining in VT. Lots to do nearby including Shelburne Museum and Shelburne Farms. Great family place with extra good home made chips and sweet potato fries. Several unique items on the menu.

• Visited April 2014

Burlington, Vermont
“Quick and good prices”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Ate at Archie's after driving by many times since it opened. Good selection of burger options and quick service. Burgers were ok, milkshakes good. Better than fast food and although small, the dining room is inviting. There is also outdoor dining. What we liked was that it is easy and quick but we didn't feel rushed. All in all, pretty good. Would go back again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A basic grill that does burgers”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

If you are looking for burgers and fries and a drink, don't need cutlery or crockery and are on road 7, this is the place for you. It's cheap and for what it is, pretty good. It is not pretending to be high end and shouldn't be judged that way. I had a salmon burger and my husband a cheeseburger - both better than MacDonalds.

MA
“Loved this cute little place!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We recently visited VT for a vacation and after going to the VT Teddy Bear Factory, we (my husband, 3 year old and 1 year old) stopped by here after reading some positive reviews on TripAdvisor. We really enjoyed our meals! My husband got the special burger of the day for Cinco de Mayo and I got a plain jane chicken sandwich (the kids shared chicken tenders). He loved the flavor on his burger and appreciated that they won't cook below medium as he's had several experiences in the past with undercooked burgers. The chicken on my sandwich was really fresh. The prices were good too! We got to try the chips, fries AND onion rings and we liked them all. The staff was very friendly - when we came in we said we hadn't been there before so one of the staff explained the menu to us, told us to take our time deciding, etc. The owner was great, asked us how our meals were and we could see he was very involved with cleaning up tables for other diners since we were there for the lunch rush. My husband got a milkshake on the way out and said it was great! We highly recommend Archie's!

• Visited May 2014
“If there is no place else”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Tried it once, family run kinda felt rushed through, plates ( rather plastic basket, and utensils, and glass) were cleared on eating the last chip, maybe it's just a work-in mans place, but I guess there's not a local relaxed hang out and have a beer place,not pub like( what was I thinking). Anyway tried it again a year later to see if it was any different , nope. Food ok and local 12 oz plastic cup for beer not a proper pint in glass as it is in a grown up restaurant just a few minutes drive up rt. 7 in Burlington, if you have to eat right now! it's ok, but drive on into town, if you can wait fifteen minutes to eat.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Podchhdy
Richard H, Owner at Archie's Grill, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
I need to respond to your comments, I remember your last comments as well and I know we did not please you then. I do not have a 12 oz glass in the building it is a cup made from corn which self destructs in the garbage and it is a 16 oz. I have metal baskets that serve our purpose very well. The working man as well as yourself and all other types of people are always welcomed here we do not belittle anyone and love all. We are not a pub and I actually have a 2 drink maximum which applies to all because we do not promote the alcohol and rather have it as an amenity to the meal.l if you looked behind the line when you ordered you can see the entire kitchen and see there is no room for real glass and we are not that style of place to begin with as we advertise "A Fresh Approach to Fast Food". if someone took your chips away I can assure it was not a malicious act and if you had spoken up they would have graciously left them on the table for you they were only trying to make room on your table for your convienece. . I had asked the last time to give me a call and discuss your concerns but I never heard from you. I would believe at this point you are right we do not fit into your pleasures and for that I am sorry but I can not please all and the volumes of business we are doing we are doing something right for the masses. You have totally missed our point and I would not expect to see you again. Sorry for you disappointment's but we do our best please most everyone else thank you for your responses