“GREAT bike tour in New Zealand”
Review of Great Bike Tours

Great Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Great Bike Tours caters to all of your cycling needs: we rent bicycles on an hourly basis; we offer self-guided tours on a daily basis; and we offer fully-supported multi-day bike tours to destinations near and far. If you're looking for quality Vermont bike rentals – on a daily basis – then look no further than Great Bike Tours. We will deliver the bikes to you (for a reasonable fee), or even better, come and stay at our Lodge (the Amee Farm Lodge) in Pittsfield, VT and rent some bikes while you're here. We'll provide everything you need for a wonderful bike ride in Vermont. Our trained bike tour leaders will expertly fit you to a bike, adjust your helmet for you, and send you safely on your way. We have several bike models to choose from, and all of our bikes are brand new. If you enjoy yourself so much that you'd like to take part in a fully-supported multi-day bike tour, then please check out our wide assortment of tours (Florida Keys, Golden Isles of Georgia, Virginia's Colonial Williamsburg, Nantucket & Martha's Vineyard, Central Vermont, and New Zealand)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 attraction reviews
“GREAT bike tour in New Zealand”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I have done 15 bike tours, and in 2012 decided to have our oldest daughter's family of 4 (including 2 teens) join us for the Great Bike Tours New Zealand tour. It was an experience that will be fondly remembered by all of us the rest of our lives. New Zealand has so much to offer that is unique and beautiful, from the albatross center on the east side to the seals on a primitive beach on the shores of the Tasman Sea on the west side. There are glow worms, glaciers, rain forests, migrating eels, wilderness lakes and lagoons, wonderful inns, friendly Kiwis and......more. LOTS more. Great Bike Tours with Simon, Jessica, Julian, Paula and Swade know New Zealand, and they did everything possible to give us the finest New Zealand experience. Five stars aren't enough. We couldn't have asked Great Bike Tours for more--except the opportunity to do it again, and that is what we will do in 2014 with another daughter and granddaughter. Jim

Visited February 2013
SimonBurrows, Owner at Great Bike Tours, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
We agree that New Zealand is a very special place. We can't wait to travel with you in 2014 to see New Zealand again. This will be our THIRD trip to New Zealand together. Perhaps I should hire you and your wife as the tour guides! And I've already picked out the perfect sheep shed for you and your wife to sleep in... ; )

Camas, WA
“Experience to be remembered...”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was invited to join a group from Oregon to tour the wonders of Vermont in the fall via Great Bike Tours. My experience was simple...FANTASTIC! The weather was knockout gorgeous, the tour organization was spot on detailed, the equipment was excellent, the itinerary was ideal fitting the experience level of the group, the tour directors and daily guides allowed for variations in the schedule fitting the needs and desires of everyone on the tour. We had ample opportunities and flexibility to take advantage of the great riding and site seeing in the area. Each day we experienced a wide variety of geography and visuals. The attitude of Great Bike Tours was one of service to their clients. The accommodations, food, equipment, personalities, professionalism, and schedule of activities was only 'top notch'. I travel globally for my work where I have the experience of many 'tour' operations. I can say that Great Bike Tours was as good as any tour organization I have every experienced, anywhere. Money and time well spent! I look forward to the opportunity to take more tours in a variety of locations with this group.
Thank you Great Bike Tours for a wonderful experience biking and experiencing the fantastic fall colors of north central Vermont.
YIPPEE!!!!

Visited October 2013
Thank you for joining us in Vermont for one of our fall foliage bike tours, and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience. We hope to see you again on a Great Bike Tour very soon.
Rochester, NY
“New Experience and Old Ties”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I looked forward to the Williamsburg tour because I had traveled with Simon before when he was working for VBT. I also had an old Williamsburg tie (William and Mary, Class of 1948). In spite of bad weather (It snowed the day we arrived!) the trip was an unqualified success. I skipped the first day of cycling to visit friends in the W & M Chemistry Department, but the weather improved steadily during the rest of the week and I cycled every day. We had excellent exposure to the history of the area, and the dinners ran the gamut from college town pizza to high gourmet. Simon and Jessica took excellent care of us, and even gave me a ride back to Richmond for my air connection at the end.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time in Williamsburg with Great Bike Tours. We definitely weren't expecting snow (on the first day) either -- just our luck! I hope you are still cycling and that our paths will cross again; you are an inspiration to me.
Seattle, Washington
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Cycling Williamsburg”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We had a most enjoyable trip with Simon & Jessica of Great Bike Tours in Williamsburg, VA. We love the historic City and the re enactments. The area is beautiful for cycling with bike paths to Jamestown & Yorktown. We ate fabulous meals and great picnic lunches prepared by our leaders. I even was given a birthday cupcake on my birthday! I would highly recommend traveling with Great Bike Tours!

Visited March 2013
Jessica and I were honored to be part of your birthday trip to Jamestown, Yorktown, and Williamsburg. So, where shall we go for your next birthday? We'll be headed off to New Zealand in February -- now that is a "bucket list" of a birthday-destination if ever there was one! We look forward to travelling with you both again, very soon I hope.
roseburg
“Best ever”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our group of 14 just finished a fantastic week with Simon and his wonderful staff. The fall colors were at their peak. Absolutely stunning. The Amee Farm Inn was very comfortable and they made us feel like family. The riding was great too. Some hills, along rivers, through quaint villages with stops at orchards, maple syrup shops, museums and the best food with great local craft beers. Great bikes and support through out the day. I recommend GBT for anyone who wants to see the country by bike.

Visited October 2013
Thank you for your nice comments, and thank you for putting your faith in Great Bike Tours time and time again. We love travelling with your 14 friends from Oregon, and I thought our recent trip to Vermont was the best of all the trips that we have done together (which include New Zealand, Vancouver Island, Arizona, and the Okanagan Wine Country of British Columbia). We still need to decide where our next destination will be... South Africa, Mississippi, Sonoma Wine Country, Argentina... the possibilities are endless!