“Simply the Best!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelburne
Elliot House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Shelburne B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Simply the Best!”
Reviewed 21 June 2010

My husband and I celebrated or fourth anniversary and we were lucky enough to book this wonderfull bed and breakfast! We highly recommend this B&B to anyone who is looking for a relaxing and peaceful getaway! The bed was comfortable and the breakfasts were amazing!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Upstate New York
Reviewed 7 November 2009

My Mom and I booked two rooms near the end of October 2009 and was delighted with our stay there. It was like staying over at my grandparent's house - quiet, cozy, clean, warm, friendly, safe - and there were cookies! The beds are very comfy. Although the location is a few miles outside of town, it is worth the tiny bit of extra driving time for the view of the stars out there alone (so bright!). Nature lovers should especially love it there (the views in the fall are amazing). We had our choice of several items for breakfast - that was fun. The dog there is calm, friendly and delightful. There are no TVs in the rooms we stayed in, which was sort of a downside for me, but there were games available, a clock radio in the rooms, and a TV, library and piano downstairs which I was free to use, so I didn't consider this a real negative. I'd recommend this place to anyone. Great value.

• Stayed October 2009
2 Thank Chiefette1970
Manchester, NH
Reviewed 10 October 2009

My husband and I visited Vermont for my brother's wedding and after looking for inns/hotels near Burlington we chose The Elliot House because of it's great reviews on Tripadvisor. The Elliot House was close enough to Burlington, but in a BEAUFITUL picturesque part of Vermont. It was nice to be out of the city and in such a comfortable and beautiful place. Ann and George were wonderful hosts, they were very helpful with telling us about places to visit in our down time, and they make DELICIOUS breakfasts. We fell in love with the inn and with Vermont (and the house dog Django!) and we can NOT wait to return!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed 10 October 2009

We normally travel to New Hampshire on vacation but wandered over to Vermont for the first time in many years. We decided to stay in Shelburne to visit the Shelburne Museum and found the Elliot House on-line. We arrived to a plate of homemade cookies. with our name on it.

The room we stayed in was aptly named cozy. It was small, very clean, very comfortable and very well decorated. The bed was tall and comfortable, the sheets crisp and the quilt and blankets looked new. There were chocolates on the dresser as well as journals with entries from previous guests. The bathroom was small but very clean bright and cheerful.

Breakfast was from 8:00 - 9:00 am and at one large table in the kitchen decorated with fresh flowers from the garden. The food was excellent and there were many selections on the chalkboard. Homemade fruit bread, buckwheat pancakes, tomato and cheddar omlete with fresh lemon basil from the garden, fresh fruit salad, juice..... I can keep going. Having breakfast at a family style table was a great experience. We were engaged in conversations with the other guests and hosts all of whom were friendly, chatty and interesting. We had a great time.

Our host was genuinely welcoming, relaxed and personable.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
upstate New York
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Great hosts, great room, great food. George and Ann were wonderful and the perfect hosts.

Two thumbs up. I unconditionally recommend them to all.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 16 June 2009

My husband and I enjoyed the fall foliage while staying at the Elliot House B&B a couple of years ago. It was our first stay at a B & B and it was superb. Ann & George were wonderful, the accomadations were nice, clean and relaxing. The breakfast every morning was to die for and the prices were extremely budget friendly. The restaurants and sights they recomended to us were all spot on with what we were looking for as well. We have not been back to New England, but next time we go, we will be staying at the Elliot House!

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2008

After planning a brief 2 nite stay in VT this September, I started a web search for a B&B in the Shelburn area. Elliot House caught my eye and all I can say is it was an extremely lucky find. We found George and Ann very hospitable. Ann even had cookies and coffee awaiting us upon our arrival.

Breakfast was outstanding and we had quite a selection to choose from, including delicious blueberry pancakes. Their made to order omelettes were out of this world..

The B&B comprises of 3 rooms. We were in the "Cosy" room which had a small en suite and over looked the back of the house. Although on the small side, it definitely was adequate for our needs. I do believe the two rooms at the front of the house were larger and when we reserve again, I think I would opt for one of those rooms.

In summary, we wouldn't hesitate to stay at Elliot House again and we would highly recommend it to anyone that's looking for accommodation in that area.

Stayed September 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelburne
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#9 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Elliot House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!