“Not up to snuff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shoreham
Quiet Valley Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Shoreham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

We would not stay again at this B&B. Guests were seated in the kitchen for breakfast and conversation was often interrupted by our hosts. Rooms were large but not overly clean. A large living room was full of more than furniture and not available for guests so there was no place to gather at all. The setting was lovely and the food was very good but generally it was a sub par experience.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Kathy L
quietvalley, Owner at Quiet Valley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to share your feedback. We pride ourselves in providing a personalized, relaxing vacation experience in charming accommodations that feel like home away from home. As my wife noted on the phone with you, we are terribly sorry that you didn’t feel that your stay was special, and we would welcome the opportunity to remedy that.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I booked the Quiet Valley B and B for one night while attending an event at Middlebury College, a picturesque 10 minute drive through farms and valleys.
Bruce and Jane took sumptuous care of me, and made me feel like a family member in their house. Delicious blueberry pancakes, sausage, home made zuchhini bread and endless dark good coffee....home cooked and better than home (and I am a cook!)
The bedrooms were lovely, light, and a beautiful charming bathroom spilling sunlight everywhere.
Vermont soaps, maple syrup, and friendship....I would go back in a heartbeat!
And when you leave drive around the backcountry dirt roads and you will see the America from yesteryear, lovely farms and woods, just beautiful!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LeagueLady
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We made an upcoming reservation to stay at the Quiet Valley B&B while we are visiting VT for our best friends wedding in June. My husband put the deposit in the mail and we were excited about our time away. A few weeks before our trip, we get a call from Jane, the innkeeper, telling us that she has CANCELED our reservation and her family was coming to stay instead. Really??? My husband and I were so upset and concerned. We DO NOT and would NEVER do business that way. If you take a reservation for someone flying half way across the country to visit your area, you DO NOT cancel on them, PERIOD. If you make a commitment to someone, you DO NOT break it. How dare these people?! And now we are left without a reservation and no where to stay. We have called all over the area with no luck of finding anything available. This means we are going to have to stay miles out of our way. This has put a sour taste in our mouth. Such an inconvenience and we are so terribly disappointed in this Bed and Breakfast. I sure do hope they never treat anyone like they did us ever again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KylieC455

Thank you for your feedback. I can understand your frustration and am truly sorry that we were forced to cancel your reservation one month before your planned stay. We'd never had to do that before, nor have we done it since. We are a family-owned business operating our of our home and unfortunately had to deal with a family emergency. I sincerely hope that you were able to make suitable, alternative arrangements.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Bruce and Jane were wonderful hosts at their beautiful property! The landscape is gorgeous and the rooms have a great "home-like" feel. Jane's homemade applesauce, blueberry bread and pancakes were absolutely delicious! The location is very close to Middlebury, so it's quite convenient for those visiting the college. And the warm hospitality makes for a great stay! I definitely hope to return on my next visit to Vermont!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel A
Reviewed 19 September 2012

A nice B&B in a private home in Shoreham, 10 minutes from Middlebury. You get a tasty full-breakfast, and the hosts are congenial and helpful. There is a nice fireplaced lounging area, and a deck in the summer. We enjoyed the walking trails through a lovely meadow. The rates are reasonable. We'll be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice. One has private bath.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather L
Reviewed 17 April 2011

From the moment I called Jane, there was no turning back. She was so nice, and I can't wait to return. The rooms were so cozy, and we woke up to coffee and homemade blueberry muffins and applesauce by the huge fireplace. Great trails to the river that runs through the ~50 acre property. There are some places that are closer to town, but this place more than made up for it with its charm.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to be equally comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rockymountainbruin
Reviewed 14 August 2007

I was referred to this small B&B by another when I'd found that Middlebury was booked due to the county fair. I called and Bruce instantly made me feel welcome, and I found the rate very reasonable. We had a great weekend stay and felt right at home.

Though QV is 8 miles or so out of town, it's well worth the ride if you'd enjoy a comfortable and clean room in a quiet , traditional home surrounded by farmland and dozens of acres of meadow, warm and friendly hosts who are sincerely interested in their guests, and a delicious breakfast. Be sure not to miss Jane's muffins!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susella

Been to Quiet Valley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!