“Awesome customer service, very friendly & welcoming!”

Holiday Inn Burlington
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Awesome customer service, very friendly & welcoming!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My flight was cancelled and lucky for me my husband booked me at the wonderful Holiday Inn in South Burlington.
Thank you to all the staff that were so kind and helpful to me in a very stressful situation. I felt very safe & comfortable there.
They truly are an excellent staff.
Thanks again to all!
Katerina (Front Desk), Kaitlyn (Front Desk), Jon (Server), Tirzha (Bartender), Damon (Head Line Cook), Darren (Shuttle), Andrew (Server), Curtis (Line cook) and Meagan (Front Desk)

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank SSA9
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear SSA9,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very happy the staff impressed you so much it is nice to know that they are doing all they can to make our guests feel at home. I hope your next visit will be a more relaxing one.

Kindest regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
rocky hill, CT USA
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Decent enough... very friendly reception staff...no little welcome gift for IHG members?
The room was a bit tired, and smelled of cigarettes, tho sold as "non-smoking", but the bed was comfortable.
A word of warning: don't order delivery from Big Daddy's Delivery, recommended by the desk, as they boned us big time... took our order, never showed up, then hung up on me when I called to ask about our order.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear cathy h,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. I am very sorry about the odor in your room but I am very pleased that you enjoyed our bed and staff. We hope you will visit again soon and give us a second chance.

California, Md
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

On my arrival I read reviews and was very leary as a Platinum member. The room was perfrct tucked away on the 4th floor. I enjoyed it as it was quiet.

I did notice the skinny walls once and that wasn't to comforting.
It has a Keurig and a fridge with a microwave.

My big complaint is the lack of IHG rewards. No free breakfast for a Platinum member that has over 300k points sounds rather odd. I got a coupon for a free drink but which is nice. I was shocked to learn no free breakfast. Management needs to address this.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear ch3ss,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your visit. I am happy you enjoyed your our hotel overall and I do apologize for any noise from your neighbors.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel reception hostess Megan Miller provided excellent service. As I have stayed here on one other occasion my expectations for room cleanliness were met. Room temperature was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The hotel is right next to the airport but noise was not an issue. There is an abundance of places to eat including a good restaurant attached to the hotel where the food and service are good for a family or for business. One critique is the rooms could be equipped with an actually work desk and chair instead of a lamp stand and high back chair. Overall I would recommend this hotel and plan on staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear David B.,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent visit to our hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and location. We look forward to your next visit to Burlington,

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was appreciative of the kindness of Meagan and Kyle during my stay here. They both went out of their way to provide me information on the local breweries and food in the region. Definitely they best HI I stayed at in Vermont! I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear doubleAA970,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very happy you enjoyed your visit and It is always nice to have our staff mentioned by name. We look forward to your next visit to Burlington.

Kinest regards,
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here whilst on business in Burlington, having had the hotel booked by my company.

The hotel is very close to the airport and easy to find with good parking facilities. Externally it's appearance is nothing special but my spirits were lifted by the reception and lobby area from which I could see the bar/restaurant, a small pool and gym. However that was good as it got, my room on the second floor was a totally drab, uninspiring affair with stained walls adorned with the most boring, tacky prints, cheap carpets and even cheaper furniture and a minute bathroom whose shower provided a mere trickle of water.

The room didn't even have an office desk and chair which is inexcusable, having to work whilst sat on one's bed is far from ideal. The only plus side is the wifi worked well.

The air conditioning is old and clunky and the thin walls will allow noise from the units of adjoining rooms to come right through.

Lots of comments have been made on TA about the need for a revamp with official responses saying it will be looked into. Nothing appears to have been done to bring about any visible change.

I wouldn't recommend a stay in this hotel in its current state unless you have low expectations and standards.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Deano1967
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Deano 1967,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent visit to our hotel. Your experiance does not meet your hotel expectations and I would love the opportunity to make it right. Please feel free to email me directly to discuss at virginia@innvermont.com

Kindest regards,

Travellers are raving about these South Burlington hotels

USA
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Although I've stayed in only four different Holiday Inns across the US, I can say with confidence that this location was the worst. We stayed during what I understand is a peak period, on Columbus Day evening (in October), and paid $167 for a standard room on the first floor. Here were our complaints with the experience:

- Longish line at check-in (two staff members).
- Rooms do not have a fridge or a safe.
- Rooms do not have a desk to work at nor a desk chair (just upholstered high-back chairs).
- NO HEAT and no control over climate in the room. Heating/cooling is controlled centrally, and the heat was not on for the season yet. Thermostat in the room only controls a fan on an old unit in the corner, and did not have an obvious "OFF" button. Had to call maintenance to find out that it has to be placed in "Economy" mode (for several seconds) to actually shut off the fan.
- Room was NOT CLEAN. My infant child found a plastic cup with rancid red wine caked on it near the bed. A few bar munchies were also found scattered about on the rug.
- DUST MITES: I have a dust mite allergy. Even with my usual medication, I woke up with one of the worst reactions ever. This means the pillows, mattress, box-spring and or rugs have *major* accumulation of dust mites and mite feces.
- Bathroom shows age (rust coloration near hinges on doors, paint chipping).
- Room does not have adequate lighting.
- Room does not come with glasses, just the thinnest possible plastic cups.

Here are some positive aspects of the experience:

- Interactions with the staff were friendly enough.
- Plenty of parking.
- Coffee in the lobby (but it's gone by 10am).
- Bed was comfy.
- Power strip near the bed for charging electronics was handy -- kudos to whoever thought of that little touch.

For the price, I would have expected a better stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Baltese F,

I am very sorry your experience was well below expectations for guests of our hotel. Please except my apologies and know that I would love to reach out to your directly. Please email me at virginia@innvermont.com with a contact number.

Again I am very sorry for what happened to you and your family

Warm regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Holiday Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!