Holiday Inn is my 'go to' place on travels, so I have seen quite a few of them. I went to this one as a result of a weather emergency and found a quiet,comfortable warm room at a reasonable rate. The Inn itself is very accessible being quite near the I 89 and is a few minutes drive to downtown Burlington. The inn has all the amenities one would hope for including a business center which provides computers for checking email or other needs. Also of note in the room is complimentary K cup coffee, microwave and fridge, plus a sanitary TV remote system which management must be commended for. The restaurant is quite satisfactory for ordinary needs offering simple sandwiches to quite elaborate dinners at competitive prices. As an aside, the bar offers many beers on tap with a good selection of local beers which are very good.
The layout of the inn can lead to quite long walks to get to your room.
I suspect that this is a fairly old property, because it is showing its age in little ways. The elevator door rumbles and wheezes and the amenities are showing signs of minor 'chip and dent' The bathroom was a bit spare, but was clean and fully supplied.
This hotel has a very good staff ... but then again, I am always well received in Vermont
A very satisfactory stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel, in Vermont's scenic Champlain Valley, is a centrally-located, full service hotel. Only minutes from Lake Champlain or the Green Mountains, we are located off exit 14E on Interstate 89 at the junction with U.S. Route 2. The Burlington International Airport is a short one mile ride in our 24-hour courtesy shuttle. Just one block from our front door, is Vermont's largest shopping mall, the University Mall. The award-winning, historic, Church Street Marketplace is a five minute drive from the hotel. The Fletch Allen Medical Center, University of Vermont, Saint Michael's and Champlain College are all less than 5 minutes from the hotel. Traveling with children, if so kids 12 and under eat for free. In addition, the Hotel is close to the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center, Lake Champlain Chocolate Factory, the Shelburne Museum, the Flynn Theater, Vermont Teddy Bear Company, Champlain Valley Fair Grounds and other local area attractions. The Ben and Jerry s Ice Cream Factory is a 25 minute drive.Any time of the year, if you are traveling on business or exploring Vermont, make the Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel South Burlington
- Burlington Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn South Burlington
- South Burlington Holiday Inn