“Convenient, clean and great sleep”

Holiday Inn Burlington
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Montreal, Canada
“Convenient, clean and great sleep”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

After a long day touring, driving and shopping, we chose this hotel to rest for the night.

Clean room, bright interior, tasteful décor.
Front desk was very friendly and attentive, great nearby suggestions offered.

Should have brought swim suit, lots of users in the indoor pool.

Nice location near all the outlets, malls, church street and waterfront.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MTLCRUISEFAMILY
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear MTLCRUISEFAMILLY,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. I am very happy you enjoyed our area and the staff was their usual friendly selves. I hope you are able to visit again soon and definitely bring your swim suits as our outdoor pool will be opening next week!

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Worcester, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This Holiday Inn was a great find in the Burlington, VT area. The rooms are clean and quiet, the staff is courteous and professional. The onsite restaurant is priced very fairly, and the food is fantastic. The location to major attractions and downtown Burlington is very reasonable. For all of the above, the cost to stay in this hotel is a far better deal than anything I have found in a long time. I recommend this property without hesitation! Enjoy your stay, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor in the back of the hotel provide the quietest rest.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Timothy W
VirginiaA794, Owner at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Timothy W,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I am very happy that you were able to enjoy our amenities and location. We look forward to your next stay with us and hope it is very soon.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

On the college tour with my teen. Stayed 2 nights. Very clean room, beds were super comply and the sheets were very clean and crisp. The pub had a great selection of Local beer including the Long Trail IPA!!

Coffee was decent too. Overall a nice time, minutes from downtown.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jimmyihatetoregister
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear jimmyihatetoregister,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. I am very happy you were able to enjoy the pub and guest room. We look forward to your next visit and hope you will stay with us each time you are in Burlington.

Loudonville, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2014

First I have to say that this is not a 3 star hotel as advertised. it is more of a 2 or 2 1/2 stars. With that said and based on a 2+ star hotel I give it 4 stars. The room is average size but the bathrooms are very small. It is an older hotel....renovated but looking tired. On the positive the rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. I constantly saw people cleaning and vacuuming. The staff were 5 stars. They were all very friendly and accommodating. Even the cleaning staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel is also very convenient to UVM.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scoopers
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Scoopers,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your visit with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed the staff at our hotel we do our best to ensure everyone feels at home and comfortable while they are with us. Yes our bathrooms are small and I appreciate that you noticed the team does a great job keeping hotel looking good for her age. I hope you are able to visit us again on our next visit to Burlington.

Kind regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn South Burlington, VT for the first time for business. My reservation was retrieved immediately and I was in my room within minutes of check in. Outstanding service was provided by Megan, Katerina and Sarah upon my departure. Very friendly and accommodating. They really made me feel welcome and appreciated. I stay in hotels 3-4 nights a week and would say that this property has the best customer service I have encountered.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the pool/courtyard.
2 Thank PWG2014
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear PWG2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our hotel. I am very happy to hear about the wonderful service you received from our front desk staff and hope you get to visit us again very soon.

Regards,
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I called with very quick question. Before I got my question out i was put on hold - fine. I get it. Kyle comes back on the phone - I ask a simple question. "does your hotel offer a park and ride feature". he quickly says yes and transfers me to an automated reservations system. He didn't say I am transferring you or anything. The wait said it would exceed 10 minutes - way to go Holiday Inn - who waits 10+ to book a hotel room in this day and age. I was planning on booking online as I always do anyway. not via some automated system with a serious wait. All i wanted to know was if you offered Park and Ride and what it cost, so I called right back. Kyle answered again (10:50pm) with lots of laughter in the background. I told him it was me calling back again and that I needed an answer and that I wasn't happy with him basically hanging up on me. how is he to know i am ready to book ? why transfer me so fast and with no warning? i asked him these things and he said he had to go because the hotel was busy and he has guests in front of him. WELLLLL DON'T ANSWER THE DARN PHONE?!?!?! i finally got the price out of him for park and stay and that was the end. he was gone. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! spend your money elsewhere

1 Thank SourD21
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear SourD21,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience with Kyle. Please accept my sincere apology for the way you were treated. Please know that this kind of attitude is not tolerated from any of our staff and we will be addressing this issue immediately! We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.
Though I would prefer you had a better experience with our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance to make your next visit outstanding. Please reach out to me directly, my email address is virginia@innvermont.com
Virginia Arvizu
Assistant General Manager

Travellers are raving about these South Burlington hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Holiday Inn is my 'go to' place on travels, so I have seen quite a few of them. I went to this one as a result of a weather emergency and found a quiet,comfortable warm room at a reasonable rate. The Inn itself is very accessible being quite near the I 89 and is a few minutes drive to downtown Burlington. The inn has all the amenities one would hope for including a business center which provides computers for checking email or other needs. Also of note in the room is complimentary K cup coffee, microwave and fridge, plus a sanitary TV remote system which management must be commended for. The restaurant is quite satisfactory for ordinary needs offering simple sandwiches to quite elaborate dinners at competitive prices. As an aside, the bar offers many beers on tap with a good selection of local beers which are very good.
The layout of the inn can lead to quite long walks to get to your room.
I suspect that this is a fairly old property, because it is showing its age in little ways. The elevator door rumbles and wheezes and the amenities are showing signs of minor 'chip and dent' The bathroom was a bit spare, but was clean and fully supplied.
This hotel has a very good staff ... but then again, I am always well received in Vermont
A very satisfactory stay.

1 Thank Ted H
Dear tedhanneman,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review of your recent visit to our hotel. I am happy you were able to enjoy our amenities while you were stranded in our town. Sorry about the noisy elevator we will have our maintenance folks look into this. I hope your next visit will be in a kinder season.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,274 reviews
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,469 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!