“Excellent staff, room was fairly clean”

Holiday Inn Burlington
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Vermont
“Excellent staff, room was fairly clean”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Had to stay overnight due to a flight cancellation. Staff were all very friendly and location was 5 minutes from the airport and two blocks from University Mall. Food was average and room could have been cleaner, however bed was clean and comfortable. Free shuttle 24/7 to the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank BlondeBling
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear BlondeBling,

Thank you for taking a moment out of what sounds like a stressful trip to review your stay with us. I am very pleased that the staff treated you well, but I am very sorry to hear about the cleanliness problems you had with your sleeping room. I have passed your review on to our director of housekeeping and I am confident that she will work with her staff to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel facility is dated. The ac system is so loudd that it kept waking me up. Finally towards the end of my stay the toilet glush didnt work. Also this is like the 3rd time i forgot something at the holiday inn annd they always say we didnt see it. I forgot my gold necklace that i olaced on my nitesta d and on the same and couple of hours later i called and they said they didnt see it. How covenient. Just keep your valuables. Dont forget anything specially at the holiday inn. I demanded an investigation and they gave me the run around.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear flygirla12,

I am very sorry about problems with your room and our maintenance staff has already corrected them for the next flight crew member who arrives. I am also very sorry about your lost necklace and would like to assure you that your information is in the hands of both the general manager and the housekeeping director who will notify you if it is found. As our housekeepers return even one left behind sock I am certain they will turn in your necklace if they locate it. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss this further at virginia@innvermont.com.

Regards,

Travellers are raving about these South Burlington hotels

Kew Gardens, New York, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Best place to stay whether for business or just spending time with family. Great service and food . Great location. Close to UVM. And the famous church street. Close also to university mall for shopping

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Denny G,

Thank you for your kind review. I am very happy you enjoy our service , staff and location. We hope you are able to visit us again very soon.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

After a long day touring, driving and shopping, we chose this hotel to rest for the night.

Clean room, bright interior, tasteful décor.
Front desk was very friendly and attentive, great nearby suggestions offered.

Should have brought swim suit, lots of users in the indoor pool.

Nice location near all the outlets, malls, church street and waterfront.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MTLCRUISEFAMILY
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear MTLCRUISEFAMILLY,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. I am very happy you enjoyed our area and the staff was their usual friendly selves. I hope you are able to visit again soon and definitely bring your swim suits as our outdoor pool will be opening next week!

Worcester, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This Holiday Inn was a great find in the Burlington, VT area. The rooms are clean and quiet, the staff is courteous and professional. The onsite restaurant is priced very fairly, and the food is fantastic. The location to major attractions and downtown Burlington is very reasonable. For all of the above, the cost to stay in this hotel is a far better deal than anything I have found in a long time. I recommend this property without hesitation! Enjoy your stay, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor in the back of the hotel provide the quietest rest.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Timothy W
VirginiaA794, Owner at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Timothy W,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I am very happy that you were able to enjoy our amenities and location. We look forward to your next stay with us and hope it is very soon.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

On the college tour with my teen. Stayed 2 nights. Very clean room, beds were super comply and the sheets were very clean and crisp. The pub had a great selection of Local beer including the Long Trail IPA!!

Coffee was decent too. Overall a nice time, minutes from downtown.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jimmyihatetoregister
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear jimmyihatetoregister,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. I am very happy you were able to enjoy the pub and guest room. We look forward to your next visit and hope you will stay with us each time you are in Burlington.

Loudonville, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2014

First I have to say that this is not a 3 star hotel as advertised. it is more of a 2 or 2 1/2 stars. With that said and based on a 2+ star hotel I give it 4 stars. The room is average size but the bathrooms are very small. It is an older hotel....renovated but looking tired. On the positive the rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. I constantly saw people cleaning and vacuuming. The staff were 5 stars. They were all very friendly and accommodating. Even the cleaning staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel is also very convenient to UVM.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Scoopers
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Scoopers,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your visit with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed the staff at our hotel we do our best to ensure everyone feels at home and comfortable while they are with us. Yes our bathrooms are small and I appreciate that you noticed the team does a great job keeping hotel looking good for her age. I hope you are able to visit us again on our next visit to Burlington.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,276 reviews
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,473 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!