“Hotel management above the rest”

Holiday Inn Burlington
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for our anniversary in June. We had some issues with the room the first night and brought it to the attention of the front desk staff. The issues were taken care of, however, they were not as concerned as they should have been. I had emailed the hotel to let them know about the situation. Virginia Arvizu, the Assistant General Manager responded to my concerns right away. Virginia was more than helpful, ensured that everything was made right, followed up on numerous occasions, and all in all was excellent to work with.
The holiday inn is lucky to have her as her professionalism and treatment of us as clients, has ensured that we will return to this hotel.
The location is great, 10 minute walk to downtown. Gym was excellent, we had breakfast at the restaurant and it was good as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear PandabearSittsville,

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy we were able to resolve all of your concerns and regain you trust in our hotel and company. I look forward to your next visit and hope we get to meet each other.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed for two nights in July. The room was adequate. It was apparent that the HVAC had been refurbished. Our air conditioning did not work. Frotunately, the windows opened.
The room was, however spotlessly clean and, the beds were wonderful!
The location was easy to find. It was a esay to access both the highway and downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel if you looking for quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear virginia b,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us. I am sorry about the HVAC unit in your room our maintenance team does regular checks of all our guest rooms and I am sure that if the problem was brought to our attention it was fixed. Otherwise I am happy that you enjoyed your visit and our location. I do hope you will visit us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend trip to Burlington. The location was a short drive (about 2 miles) from Burlington center and is located right off the highway. The staff were all very nice and made us feel welcomed. The hotel itself has seen better days and looks a little warn. However, the rooms were clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that I could hear people in the hallways from the room. Overall it was a nice stay but we might look elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Brittany W,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed our location and staff. Our team is also looking forward to a renovation in the future and we hope you will get a chance to stay with us again once it is completed.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was comfortable enjoyed the pool. The only problem was the WI-FI was down more than it was available.
The hotel was close to restaurants and a mall. Shelburne Art Museum is also a short distance. The museum is worth a visit especially if you are interested in Impressionist art.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ellen b
VirginiaA794, Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Ellen b,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am sorry your internet was out while your were here. We did have a day where South Burlington had cable issues and this may be when you were with us as our internet is generally very reliable for our guests. I do hope that if you are in Burlington again you will stay with us and give our internet another chance.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have stayed here for the past 5 years, for at least twice a year my last stay was in March and I would of given it 4 out of 5 for the March stay .The front desk staff is friendly and so is the breakfast area. However this time my stay was not up to the 4 star rating that it had before. When I arrived late at night to go to bed after a long stay with my daughter, upon entering my room that I noticed dusty carpets, and the chain lock was broken. Then when I turned down the sheets, I noticed long black hair in the middle of the bed upon my first night stay. (not my hair color). Since it was late at night I didn't notify front desk because I didn't need the hassle to change the room . The bathroom was clean but the other areas need to be improved. I regret not mentioning this to the front desk, but I didn't have the time to hassle with this for such a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Maine Travlr,

I am very sorry you were not able to give us feedback while you were with us, I am certain my staff would have done all they could to make you feel more comfortable but I do understand a long trip and a late night. I would like to opportunity to speak with you if you would like to email me directly at virginia@innvermont.com

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Great for an emergency stay if stranded in burlington south.......clean...and close to restaurants and shops.....close to canadian border and downtown burlington acnd international airport.....not too far from stowe resort area and skiing......

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Cicada100,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent visit with us. I am happy you were able to enjoy our hotel for your emergency and hope that the next time you are in Burlington it will be under better circumstances.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel was perfectly located and made for easy access to some great breweries, restaurants, and scenery. The property had 2 very nice pools and felt clean throughout. Staff were inviting and easy to talk to. Had a great time up here in VT.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear robrio89,

Thank you for your kind review. I am very happy the staff were their usual wonderful selves and directed you to great locations in the area. We hope you get to visit us again very soon.

Warm regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Trader Duke's Hotel
Trader Duke's Hotel
#4 of 12 in South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#9 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Holiday Inn Burlington? Share your experiences!