Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
US$93
Comfort Suites South Burlington(South Burlington)(Great Value!)
US$98
ComfortSuites
US$102
US$148
US$124
Trader Duke's Hotel(South Burlington)
US$113
Holiday Inn Burlington(South Burlington)
US$111
US$164
US$148
Homewood
US$93
Travelocity
Smart Suites Burlington(South Burlington)
US$109
Hotels.com
Green Mountain Suites Hotel(South Burlington)
US$164
US$139
Official Website
All reviewspancake machinehi expresscinnamon rollsfront desk staffindoor poolthe breakfast areamagic hat brewerynice staybusiness tripcomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationbagelsbed was very comfortableburlingtonshelburnehighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The hotel is close to everything we wanted to do in Burlington. There is not sign on the street to indicate this hotel is coming up, so if you are looking for a sign, you won't see one. We almost missed it. We got to the hotel and the check-in process was quick with no issues. I had asked for a king bed and the room had a queen - no big deal, but a bit of a disappointment. It wasn't a deal-breaker, so we didn't ask to change rooms. The room when we walked in was so muggy and damp and continued to be that way the entire 3 nights we were there. It was awful - our sheets were damp, as were all the clothes in my suitcase. We kept the air running, hoping it would help, but it did not. We had a few bugs in our rooms during the stay, which was gross and not welcomed, but I'm going to guess the dampness invited them in. The mattress in this bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have every slept in - hotel or not! We came downstairs at 9:55 am and breakfast had already been cleaned up, that was to end at 10:00 AM. I was a bit upset at this, but didn't complain. We waited until lunchtime and ate elsewhere, but at 9:55 am, I was hoping to grab a bagel, at least and coffee with creamer (which was gone). Overall, the hotel was okay. I would stay again as the price was pretty reasonable, but this hotel could use a bit of attention.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Binkers441,

I apologize that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. I will share your comments with our staff. Feedback from our guests is very important to us. We appreciate your patronage and hope to see you again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We booked a 2 night stay here in late August. It was clean. But several small issues added up to a stay that was less good than other HIE we have patronized. (We are Platinum HIE members, so we stay often at these properties.) We reserved 2 queen beds. When we got upstairs, the room had 1 king. Probably they were being nice and upgrading us, but the desk clerk didn't tell us this. Since we prefer the 2 queens, we should have had an opportunity to say, "No thanks." Next, both sinks had very slow drains. Next, the tub and one sink each contained one hair. Next, there was a large water bug walking across the ceiling. Next, the bottom sheet either had weak elastic or was put on improperly, because we couldn't seem to keep it from popping off in the upper corners. Next, only 1 hand towel (and 3 bath towels) was provided the first night. Next, nobody seems to have vacuumed the elevator the whole 3 days we were there. Next, and more disturbing, the second morning buffet breakfast offered omelets. I asked the attendant whether they were cheese omelets and she said that they were. Actually, they were loaded with ham! After breakfast I mentioned politely to the same attendant that the omelets contained ham and she said that she hadn't made them. Then she said that the omlets were mixed, in the same serving dish. It's fine to do that, but then it is good to tell someone who asks. I said to her that if someone asks a question like that, it might be that they don't eat ham but she didn't seem to think it was a problem. Mostly, our stay was good. But, so many little things added up to be mildly annoying.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne M

Dear Joannem,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent visit with us. I am sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered during your stay. I will relay your comments to our staff and use for training. We truly appreciate your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Platinum member.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights from August 25th to 27th, and were very, very happy with the hotel. The front desk staff were both friendly and helpful. The rooms were modern and clean; the breakfast was quite good, with a nice selection. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, clean place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor, and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear joytotravel39,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate the great feedback. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Good location for colleges -- long hallways to stairs/elevator that go to lobby
Quiet -- hotel was booked with college move ins -- but did not hear much of anything.
Friendly staff !!!-- decent breakfast
This stay the room was very dry -- average temps for August, had AC on put still was awoken to drink water to offset dryness of room.
Nice place -- reasonable price would stay again,

Order from Charlie's, menu in room -- delivery to room within 30 mins -- good chicken wings

Room Tip: End of hall room you can use back entrance easily to parking -- middle of hall by 2nd pool elevator ---stairs to parking area Parking is plentiful in the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear hr1313,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that the room was so dry. I will share your comments with our maintenance department. We look forward to making up for the mild disappointment on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel. Large rooms, hot cookies at the front desk. It was clean and well taken care of. There is an indoor pool with a small fitness center adjacent. In good weather, there is also an outdoor pool in a very pretty setting. Didn't try the restaurant, but I generally avoid the Sunday brunch secondary to cost. This hotel would receive a higher rating from me if they offered a complimentary breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo