We visited our son for Father's Day weekend and had a hard time finding a decent price. We got a good hotwire deal and ended up here. We found this hotel to have some good things and some not so good.
Pros: Rooms are very clean and updated, though a tad small. We only slept there so this wasn't an issue for us. The bed and pillows are very comfortable. Breakfast is included and it is fairly decent for a hotel breakfast, though I think Hampton Inn does a better job of it. We did not use the pool or hot tub but it looked very clean and well kept. Lobby staff is friendly.
Cons: The breakfast staff was not attentive during the breakfast time despite a full hotel. Both mornings I had to ask for forks, pancake machine refill, coffee lids, half and half, omelettes because they had run out. Though I always saw two people on duty, they were in their little breakfast room chatting instead of cruising the food and drink tables looking for things that needed refilling. We were in the breakast room at 8 am each morning and the staff really should have been on top of all of this.
Our room key would not work on our second day and our room was the furthest room from the lobby (518). We made the trudge down and we were told our key had only been programmed for one day, even though we were staying two. ??? Bad business.
We usually stay at the Hampton Inn in the area but could not get a good rate that weekend. We'd stay at the HIE again but only if the Hampton was not an option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Burlington hotel offers great location in beautiful Vermont. Enjoy a comfortable stay at our Holiday Inn Express Hotel of South Burlington. Our convenient Vermont hotel is located just minutes from Lake Champlain, bustling downtown Burlington, and the Burlington International Airport. When you're ready to travel, our South Burlington, VT hotel offers a free 24-hour shuttle service to the Burlington International Airport (BVT). In addition to being convenient to the Burlington airport, our hotel is also near many businesses such as GE Healthcare, University of Vermont, St. Michael's College, General Dynamics and Goodrich. Both business and leisure travelers love to stay at our 100% Non-Smoking hotel in South Burlington as it's located less than five miles away from many of Vermont's best attractions including the Shelburne Museum, Shelburne Farms, Vermont Teddy Bear Factory, and Church St. Market Place. Other popular area attractions include the University Mall, Cairns Arena, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory, Stowe, and Sugarbush Ski Resorts. During your visit to Vermont, enjoy amenities that include a heated indoor pool, hot tub, saunas, and fitness center, and try our complimentary 'Smart Start' breakfast bar featuring the exclusive Holiday Inn Express Cinnamon Rolls, eggs, and sausage or bacon daily. Book your Burlington vacation at this Holiday Inn Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Burlington South
- Holiday Inn South Burlington
- Holiday Inn Express South Burlington
- Comfort Inn South Burlington