“ok hotel but not central!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hotel on the outskirts of Burlington. Burlington is a nice city but to get here you either need to take a taxi or have a car from this hotel. The rooms are big but has a carpet on the floor and a pretty old interior. Breakfast included that is pretty good. Friendly staff and helpful receptionists.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear SOELSVIK,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the hotel and amenities. We are located 4 miles from the center of Burlington, but we are right along the CCTA bus route. There are also cab services available for a reasonable fee.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We are frequent Holiday Inn Express users and find usually consistent experiences across the United States. South Burlington's HIE breakfast is staffed by two and the service as well as the food is above par. The weekend in point was a three wedding weekend and the hotel was packed. There were people sitting at breakfast tables as soon as they emptied of other guests. Staff whipped right in and cleaned the surfaces and readied them immediately. The food was hot, tasty, and plentiful. The pool however is a liability suit waiting to happen. From the first step in and down to and including the flat surface, the liner is not affixed to the base and the vinyl wrinkles and the bubbles below the liner are potential tripping hazards. One can see the liner pulling away from the rim and there are several patches - how the pool retains water is unimaginable!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank P A
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear P A,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our Smart Start Breakfast Bar. It is very popular with our guests. I am sorry to hear that the pool fell below expectations and I will be sure to share your comments with our maintenance staff. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The shower from the room above us leaked into our bathroom and when we told the staff there response was "OH well.......thanks for telling us." And the room was kind of dirty. Nothing was done for us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear MegTodd,

I apologize for your experience during your recent stay with us. I can assure you this is not a normal experience at our hotel. I invite you to give me a call at the hotel so we can discuss your dissatisfaction. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff as we take all guest comments to heart.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This property could use an update but is very clean. Front desk was very helpful. They even let me check out a room before we booked the room. Breakfast was hectic. Go early. We barely got anything since it was very crowded.

• Stayed: June 2014
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear iampicky,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and take all guest comments into consideration as we strive for perfection. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Burlington area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Megan greeted us with a smile and an eagerness to help. When we checked in, she was polite and easy to relate too. We spoke about snow boarding and the mountains we been too. She also was helpful in using my corporate discount towards the rate of my hotel room. This worked out great because I used the extra money she saved me towards a great restruant in town she recommended. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Meagan rocks!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear John W,

Thank you for the review. I will be sure to share your comments with Meagan. I know she will appreciate your kind words and acknowledgement of her hard work and dedication to our guests.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

When we first got to our room, I immediately started unpacking everything. Only when I was about to put my shampoo in the shower did I see the hairs in the tub, and the used, dried washcloth on the shower curtain rod. My husband went down to the front desk to see if we could get housekeeping to come & clean that up. They asked if we wanted another room, but I had already unpacked & who's to say we wouldn't run into a similar situation in another room. Housekeeping came up (he was very nice) and cleaned it right away. While he was there, my husband noticed the remote control for the T.V did't work, he was kind enough to switch that out for us.
Later that day, we had gone to pick up some items at the grocery store (we were staying the whole weekend), when we tried to use Entrance B, which was the most convenient to our room, we couldn't get in. After several attempts, we walked around the building & went through the Lobby (with a handful of groceries in tow) to let them know there was an issue with the card reader at entrance B. The lady behind the counter told us we were probably doing it wrong, and then went on to tell us the "correct way" to swipe our card. After we assured her we did that, she made mention that it was acting "fickle" last week too, but he issue seems to come and go. She also said we were the third couple to complain. She was going to leave a note on the door instructing people to "pull up on the door handle". We later saw someone fixing the door and he had said that the batteries were dead.

Later that evening, before heading to bed, I pushed the couch over about 4" so make a little more room to pass between the bed & the couch. That's when I saw the bottle cap. Out of curiosity, my husband pulled the couch out from the wall, besides the dirt/dust, we found a Twizzler, some Goldfish, and what appeared to be a woman's hoop earring.

On our last morning at the hotel, we went downstairs to get some breakfast (around 9am.). My husband saw that the egg bin was empty. He walked over to a young lady who worked there, who was standing in the doorway swinging a towel in a circular motion staring off into space. He asked if it would be possible to get more eggs, she came off as inconvenienced, and just simply turned to walk into the room she was standing in front of (we assumed to go microwave some "eggs"). Several coffee urns were empty, there was not a single sugar pack, and the trash was overflowing. Because of the reaction my husband got when he asked for something, I opted to just drink juice & get my coffee at a gas station on our way back home.
For 2 nights stay, we paid $290 (that was after using our Orbits discounts). I will NEVER stay at that location again. I found the place to be unkempt, and several staff members lacked customer service skills. I would much rather spend my money elsewhere!

Room Tip: There are several hotels in this same area....I would suggest staying at one of those. I would also...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Stacey W
StacyGermond, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Stacey W,

I apologize that yoru recent stay with us failed to meet and exceed your expectations. I will share your comments with our staff as we take all guest comments to heart. I hope you will consider giving us a 2nd chance in the future as this is not a typical experience for our guests.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We booked room for 2 nights using non-refundable prepaid saver rate. Left one day earlier, and the Manager Walter refunded the money for the second night without any question. The checkin at the hotel was superb, and the room was typical holiday inn room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, just for the customer service, everything else is a frosting.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Shujaul B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words and recommendation. Hope to see you again real soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Smart Suites Burlington
Smart Suites Burlington
#5 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
Holiday Inn Burlington
#10 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South? Share your experiences!