The overall appearance of the hotel was very nice, and the staff seemed very friendly and courteous. The rooms are of a generous size, but keep in mind you have to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom. There are 2 TVs, which is a nice touch, but why does hotel TV picture quality always look so bad?? LOL.
Location was just okay. It was only a 7-8 minute drive to downtown Burlington, but the hotel itself is in the middle of a bunch of strip malls. I guess this can be convenient in one sense, but is not picturesque at all, if that's what you're looking for. Also, the hotel is located on a busy road, so be sure to ask for a room on the inside of the property if road noise bothers you.
The breakfast was nice, but was VERY crowded and chaotic with families (see below) and seating was limited. The staff seemed to be doing a good job of keeping up with it, and in their defense it is not the hotel's fault that kids were not being supervised. (We were traveling with a baby and a preschooler and made an extra effort to keep them on a short leash)
During the weekend we were there, there seemed to be some kind of kids soccer tournament happening nearby, so the hotel was PACKED with families and pre-teen kids. These kids were running around the hallways a lot, and making a lot of noise. I understand that kids will be kids, and luckily it ended by 10:00pm or so. However, any noises in the hallway, including conversations, were SO loud in our room. They were louder than they would have been if the people were actually talking in our room! I think it had something to do with the cheap metal doors on the rooms, which seemed to amplify any and all hallway sounds.
Our room was at the end of, and perpendicular to, the hallway, so that may have been a factor, and was also right next to the elevator AND the stairs, but you'd think the hotel would do something extra for such rooms to reduce noise. It was pretty insufferable at times.
The pool was nice, but could be a little dirty. I saw several blobs of hair floating in it during one of our swims. Again, it seemed to be a full house, so it's probably hard to keep up.
It would also have been nice to offer more kids activities, or just give them a coloring book or something upon check in. It seems to be a popular hotel for families, so a playground or game room would be a nice addition.
Overall, it was nice place, but try to avoid it when they're at full capacity, or do some research and plan your trip when there are no events happening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the charm of a Boutique Vermont Country Inn The Green Mountain Suites Hotel has been recognized by savvy travelers from all corners of the globe for award winning service, premium amenities and impeccable accommodations. As the only independent all-suite Hotel in the Burlington area, we are proud to offer our guests a truly genuine Vermont experience that is second to none. Each finely appointed one- and two-bedroom suite features a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living room and separate bedroom(s). Our Fireplace and Jacuzzi suites are popular with guests looking for something a little more special during their stay with us. Each morning, wake up to our Fireside Breakfast, where you'll find delicious omelets, maple sausage, bacon, pancakes, and healthy options including a yogurt bar, fresh fruit, oatmeal, and much more. Each weeknight, wind down after a long day at our popular Fireside Reception, with a selection of domestic and local craft beers and wines, paired with a delicious meal. Other featured amenities include WIFI, Exercise Facility, Fire Pit & Barbeque Courtyard and indoor Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi. All of these premium amenities and services are included for no additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Ebookers so you can book your Green Mountain Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel South Burlington
- Hawthorn Suites South Burlington
- Green Mountain South Burlington