“Great place to stay.”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
NYC
“Great place to stay.”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Very positive experience. Clean rooms, friendly staff, convenient location and nice continental breakfast.
We enjoyed the friendliness of everyone who worked there, from the manager to the breakfast attendants.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I am a world traveller and have stayed at Hotels throughout the world but have never experienced such a wonderful hospitality and professionals as while at the Green Mountain Suites in South Burlington, Vermont.
Me and my family were there for my son's wedding in August of 2014, and we had about 5 bedrooms reserved and we were all extremelly happy with our staying at all times.
We were helped by the concierge named Bruno da Silva who is one of the most corteous, gentleman and professional I've ever seen.
Me and my family would always stay at this Hotel.
Congratulations to all Green Mountain Hotel's staff, but specially to Bruno da Silva.
Thank you so much for making our stay there such a wonderful and unforgettable experience...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Celeste P
Wetumpka, Alabama
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I didn't stay here on purpose. We were pushed here due to the Towne Place Suites overbooking their location. So, we were sent here. When I checked in, they had a letter from the other hotel stating that they would be picking up the difference in the price of the hotel, which was $200. That makes their rack rate $317. First, that is the biggest rip off of the decade. So, I asked how this would be billed to the check in clerk. I was told that the hotel would pay the difference to them, and I would be billed my original rate from the other hotel. I verified this again at check out. However, the whole $317 was billed to my credit card. I e-mailed the Towne Place Suites, and they straightened it out. I didn't even get a call from the Green Mountain Suites or an e-mail to apologize for incorrectly charging my credit card. Poor business practice in my eyes.

The rooms at this hotel are nice, so the stay was good. The rooms were quiet, and we stayed across the street from the main property. It is connected on the second floor, so you can use a hallway over the road to get to the lobby. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast, so I cannot rate that.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
New Britain, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I had stayed here previously and reviewed the hotel well. This time we stayed in July of 2014 and found the hotel adequate. The first floor suite was situated such that we had to keep our curtains closed the whole time or else the workers at the neighboring office park could see us. The suite comes with plates, pans, etc... But several of these were put away dirty, which made me wonder about the rest. The bathroom door was broken and was not fixed while we were there. The breakfast--which last time was fantastic--was certainly lackluster. Stale and cold waffles/ pancakes, overcooked and cold bacon. There were better options, but nothing spectacular. For the price of this hotel ($200-250/ night) I expected better.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Doc_Barry
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Luck to get the second last room in Burlington, Vermont on July 24th, 2014, let me share the following comments.
1. Justin was helpful and courteous at the front desk.
2. Ion was quick and helpful to show me my room and answered all my questions. Willingly offered informative help regarding directions to pool and elevators.
2. The room (201A) was clean and upscale. $218.90 for a king room - no frig. Quiet HVAC.
3. The other guests on the second floor were noisy.
4. The bed was heavenly.
5. Justin's suggestion for dinner at the Windjammer Restaurant was spot on. At $70.00 we were full and happy when we left. The food was very good. The selection was excellent.
6. Back at the Suites Hotel, the parking was crowded. Had to park in the third lot - far away from the Green Mountain Suites Hotel.
7. The pool was full of noisy rambunctious kids in the morning. Great fun for them. No room for serious swimmers trying to exercise. I did not think that the Green Mountain Suites Hotel would be a particularly friendly for children. It is.
8. Breakfast was not acceptable. The healthy food choices were lacking but the breakfast help was the real clincher. Another guest spoke directly to a young breakfast staff helper. Her response was sullen and non verbal. If you don't like you job get another one. Management please do terminate unhelpful unhappy staff. It is a downer for people on vacation to deal with grumpy employees. It is offensive to guests and not helpful. She continued to look so unhappy the entire time we were there.
8. If $218 US is a reasonable rate for a room in Burlington - stay here. But do not be confused that the pool and breakfast is at all useful in this price. No value in Breakfast. In fact - rude, unhelpful service. I find this attitude and behaviour abominable. I have no tolerance for unhelpful employees. Let me give breakfast employees in the tourist industry a very promising helpful tip to retain employment - greet hotel guest with the following clever words, "Good Morning." Apparenlty, this is unknown. If you want further skills try smiling when the words are spoken.
Highest price paid for accomodations during 3 week vacation to East coast (maritmes in Canada, Vermont, Maine, NY, NH)
I found the room comfortable, my partner thought it was overpriced.
Same lessons learned for all companies - the employees are the strength or the weakness.
Do not slight the tourists (guests).

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for your room comes with a refrigerator. I thougth at $218.90US the room would be equ...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Directorlc
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We spent a long weekend here and really enjoyed it. The bed was very comfortable with a nice hot shower with good pressure. We were not located in the main building and it was quiet. The breakfast buffet was good, not great, but I am rarely a fan of lukewarm eggs. The evening food and happy hour was nice. Wine and some local brews are free from 5-7 Monday-Thursday and they have a rotating item to eat such as Baked Potato Bar, Chili, etc. The food was good and for some people you could make a meal out of it. The price was good and the location is almost 3 miles from Church St., not a stroll away as some of the downtown hotels are. It is close to the highway and a mall though and I would think this place would be good if you are visiting UVM. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hudson River Valley, New York
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Home after a two night stay here. I'm exhausted from lack of sleep. Many of the rooms in this three story hotel face Dorset Street. "Street" is a misnomer. After dark, and well into the wee hours of the morning, Dorset is a drag strip. This was THE noisiest room I have ever stayed in. I wouldn't stay here again unless I was GUARANTEED a room facing the courtyard. At $279 per night, I expect some peace and quiet. Airport hotels are more quiet than my room.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank millbrook2012
chrisscott11, General Manager at Green Mountain Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Greetings from the Green Mountain Suites Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had a unsatisfactory experience during your last stay with us. While we do have some rooms that face Dorset St., we have not traditionally received many complaints regarding noise. However, we do offer Garden View accommodations that overlook our beautiful and tranquil Courtyard area that my be more to your liking. We do hope the next time your travels bring you to the Burlington area, you will once again give us the opportunity to serve you and your family. Thank you for your comments and have a fantastic day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Hotel Vermont
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Green Mountain Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!