My husband and I stayed in Green Mountain Suites for 4 days.
There are so many good things to say about this hotel. We were nicely surprised entering the huge lobby with a fireplace in the middle. Check-in was fast and the staff is more than friendly.
Apartments - we scored really great deal through Travelocity, we booked a standard apartment that turn out to be a big suite consisting of living room and kitchen, big bedroom with supercomfortable, big king-size bed (we slept like babies) and a huge bathroom.
There were 2 flat screen TVs, one in living room and the other in the bedroom. The kitchen provide all the things that you need for preparing your own meals (although we didn't use it).
The apartments are very clean and quiet.
Additional facilities - I highly recommend use of fitness area! The hotel has very modern, well supplied gym (some machines were better than in my gym back at home), a swimming pool and a jacuzzi. We tried it 3 times in the evening and only one time had to share it with just one more person.
The hotel provides also a laundry that you can use any time.
Food - the breakfast is included, you eat it downstairs at the beautiful fireplace, there is selection of cereal, toasts, bagels and my favourites french toasts with hot maple syrop.
A nice addition from the hotel are the afternoon snacks. Everyday there is a different type of meal, they are simple (pizza or baked potato) but some were very good. And you must try the warm cookies at the front desk!
Location - you must know that you will need a car (and yes, we had some problem with parking the second day of our stay but we found a place to park after some time). Anyway we found the location excellent as it is close to the city (5 min by car), it is great as a starting point for all your escapades (we visited maple syrop farm in Montpellier, Stowe and took a ferry through Lake Champlain to NY state to see Rainbow Falls in Ausable Chasm), city of Burlington is quite small but we found it charming, especially the Church Street Marketplace area.
There is a shopping mall and huge supermarket close to the hotel (you can take a 10 minutes walk to get there).
In general Green Mountain Suites are highly recommendable and provide great value for money. We really expect to come back soon to South Burlington and to Green Mountain Suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience all the charm of a Boutique Vermont Country Inn. Green Mountain Suites Hotel has been recognized by savvy travelers from all corners of the globe for award winning service, premium amenities and impeccable accommodations. As the only independent all-suite Hotel in the Burlington area, we are proud to offer our guests a truly genuine Vermont experience that is second to none. Each finely appointed one- and two-bedroom suite features a fully equipped kitchen, spacious living room and separate bedroom(s). Our Fireplace and Jacuzzi suites are popular with guests looking for something a little more special during their stay with us. Each morning, wake up to our Fireside Breakfast, where you'll find delicious omelets, Vermont-inspired Quiche, maple sausage, bacon, pancakes, and healthy options including a yogurt bar, fresh fruit, oatmeal, and much more. Each weeknight, wind down after a long day at our popular Fireside Reception, with a selection of domestic and local craft beers and wines, paired with a delicious meal. Other featured amenities include WIFI, Exercise Facility, Fire Pit & Barbeque Courtyard and indoor Swimming Pool & Jacuzzi. All of these premium amenities and services are included for no additional charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Green Mountain Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Mountain Hotel South Burlington
- Hawthorn Suites South Burlington
- Green Mountain South Burlington