“A hidden gem!”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Barcelona, Spain
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed 23 July 2009

My husband and I stayed in Green Mountain Suites for 4 days.
There are so many good things to say about this hotel. We were nicely surprised entering the huge lobby with a fireplace in the middle. Check-in was fast and the staff is more than friendly.
Apartments - we scored really great deal through Travelocity, we booked a standard apartment that turn out to be a big suite consisting of living room and kitchen, big bedroom with supercomfortable, big king-size bed (we slept like babies) and a huge bathroom.
There were 2 flat screen TVs, one in living room and the other in the bedroom. The kitchen provide all the things that you need for preparing your own meals (although we didn't use it).
The apartments are very clean and quiet.
Additional facilities - I highly recommend use of fitness area! The hotel has very modern, well supplied gym (some machines were better than in my gym back at home), a swimming pool and a jacuzzi. We tried it 3 times in the evening and only one time had to share it with just one more person.
The hotel provides also a laundry that you can use any time.

Food - the breakfast is included, you eat it downstairs at the beautiful fireplace, there is selection of cereal, toasts, bagels and my favourites french toasts with hot maple syrop.
A nice addition from the hotel are the afternoon snacks. Everyday there is a different type of meal, they are simple (pizza or baked potato) but some were very good. And you must try the warm cookies at the front desk!

Location - you must know that you will need a car (and yes, we had some problem with parking the second day of our stay but we found a place to park after some time). Anyway we found the location excellent as it is close to the city (5 min by car), it is great as a starting point for all your escapades (we visited maple syrop farm in Montpellier, Stowe and took a ferry through Lake Champlain to NY state to see Rainbow Falls in Ausable Chasm), city of Burlington is quite small but we found it charming, especially the Church Street Marketplace area.
There is a shopping mall and huge supermarket close to the hotel (you can take a 10 minutes walk to get there).

In general Green Mountain Suites are highly recommendable and provide great value for money. We really expect to come back soon to South Burlington and to Green Mountain Suites.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Hampshire, USA
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Based on the reviews I read on tripadvisor, my expectations were higher than they should have been. Overall, I was satisfied, but I question whether it was worth the price I paid. The suites were spacious and clean. The decor was comfortable. The breakfast was adequate. To me, this hotel was maybe just a little step above Holiday Inn. The check-in was uneventful, but there wasn't a lot of info given about the hotel and breakfast; I had to do my own investigations. One nice touch was within an hour of checking in, a staff member swung by to deliver additional bottles of shampoo & condition even without a request. Good thing too b/c the bottles are on the small side.
Despite the decent stay, we plan to try another hotel primarily because of the price.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Stayed here during a trip looking at colleges with my 17 year old son. The suites are a nice size with a sitting/kitchen area and a seperate bedroom area. Everything was clean seemed to be kept up nicely ....a bit dated but a good value for the price and centrally located to a bunch of colleges in the area.Internet in rooms didn't work as well as one of the TV's in the room(there are 2)..

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Friendly; very clean; lots of space; cozy feel.
Bed was comfortable; loved the pillows.
A very warm and beautiful hotel.
I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed 10 July 2009

When I arrived at this lovely hotel, I was greeted by a cosy lobby that had a fireplace roaring and an intimate setting. When I got into my room, I was in shock to see such a nice room at such a small hotel. The room was HUGE, and I mean huge. I first saw a living room area with new furniture that had not been stained by previous travelers. I was also surprised to see a complete kitchen area that was only missing an oven, but it did have a stove, the appropriate cooking tools, and dinnerware. The bedroom had its own HDTV and the beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast the hotel was mediocre at best and its probably worth spending the extra money for breakfast elsewhere. The internet at the hotel was easily accessed through the complementary computers in the hotel hallway, but I did not receive a code for wireless internet access in my room at check in. In the end, I would go back to this hotel if I needed to stay in Vermont for whatever because it was excellent.

• Stayed July 2009
philly
Reviewed 6 July 2009

When I saw Butterscotch (the cat) greeting new guests out in the parking lot, I knew I was in the right place. Then he proceeded to let himself in via the automatic front doors and took a stroll around the hotel lobby as if he was doing his daily inspection. I had stopped by to check out the Green Mountain Suites on the recommendation of a colleague and was given a manager's tour of the rooms, pool area, patio and exercise gym and then was invited to stay for dinner and drinks eventhough I was even a guest yet. Wow, that's hospitality! Why wouldn't want to stay there. If it's good enough for Butterscotch, it's good enough for me

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
philadelphia area
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Based on reviews, we choose this hotel and are SO glad we did. The room was large with a kitchen (no oven). The toiletries were awesome, the beds too comfortable, the staff very nice. The pool could be larger and the trashcans were miniscule for a room with a kitchen. The full breakfast was filling but very crowded. And the parking is a pain...the close lots are small and fill quickly so you have to walk really far.
The location is great...10 minutes from downtown Burlington and very easy access to the highway.
It sounds like we have a lot of complaints but my husband put this hotel in his top 5 (we never stay anywhere really posh) and I didn't want to go home!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Hotel Vermont
Hotel Vermont
#1 of 8 in Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to Green Mountain Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!