I've been going to Burlington on average once a year for several years now, and I always stay at the Doubletree. I decided to write a new review because they have made some changes, albeit minor ones, and I haven't reviewed the place in a while.
One change is that they now have dedicated Hilton HHonors sections on both floors, and as I am a member I was given one of those rooms. To be honest, I don't know what the major difference is between the HHonors rooms and the regular ones - they're the same size and are basically decorated in the same way. That said, the room was just as comfy as I remembered, with 5 pillows on each double bed and nice Crabtree and Evelyn amenities. The sink and toilet area were still separate but that was very convenient for my friend and me, as one could shower while the other brushed her teeth and etc.
The second change I noticed is that they added a little "corner store" type of thing right next to the check-in desk. I didn't use it but it looked to have basics like headache pills, drinks, bandaids and so on. I am not sure how useful it will be because the hotel is about a 5 minute's walk to a drugstore but I suppose it would be good in case of emergencies?
If you're in town to shop, the location is prime: within walking distance of a major bookstore, mall, grocery store and bus stop to the Church Street Marketplace. The hotel's restaurant is very good - try the butternut squash soup, if it's available - and the staff was very friendly. I asked for a late checkout and was given it without any fuss at all. Also, the free wi-fi is a big bonus, and the complimentary chocolate chip cookies at check-in are always a welcome treat.
I did find that the price had gone up quite a bit compared to last year, but then again, what hasn't gotten more expensive? Overall, I love this hotel and will go back whenever I'm in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, five minutes from Burlington International Airport and downtown Burlington. Our hotel's central location puts business guests close to industrial parks and corporations like Ben & Jerry's and IBM. The University of Vermont, Champlain and Saint Michael's Colleges are nearby. University Mall, sports venues, restaurants and Higher Ground Music Hall are within walking distance. Expect outstanding service from our friendly staff and a signature, warm chocolate chip cookie. Relax in the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington hotel's grand oak lobby with fireplace and cozy seating. Spacious guest rooms and suites feature refrigerators, remote printing, complimentary WiFi access, and in-room recycling. Choose a suite for a private bedroom, extra space for families, a wet bar and sink, pull-out sofa bed and optional whirlpool tub. Hold business meetings and weddings at our hotel in Burlington, VT in elegant indoor and outdoor spaces accommodating up to 400 people. Stay connected at the complimentary 24-hour business center. The Adirondack-styled Trader Duke's Restaurant and Lounge serves traditional American cuisine and regional specialties. Savor a superb Sunday brunch seated near the field stone fireplace. Watch sports on flat-screen TVs and try local microbrews in Trader Duke's Lounge, also offering full menu dining. Take advantage of our indoor pool, whirlpool and seasonal sundeck. Exercise in the fitness center or relax in the gazebo and courtyard gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree South Burlington
- Doubletree Hotel South Burlington