“I'll keep coming back”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Montreal
“I'll keep coming back”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I've been going to Burlington on average once a year for several years now, and I always stay at the Doubletree. I decided to write a new review because they have made some changes, albeit minor ones, and I haven't reviewed the place in a while.

One change is that they now have dedicated Hilton HHonors sections on both floors, and as I am a member I was given one of those rooms. To be honest, I don't know what the major difference is between the HHonors rooms and the regular ones - they're the same size and are basically decorated in the same way. That said, the room was just as comfy as I remembered, with 5 pillows on each double bed and nice Crabtree and Evelyn amenities. The sink and toilet area were still separate but that was very convenient for my friend and me, as one could shower while the other brushed her teeth and etc.

The second change I noticed is that they added a little "corner store" type of thing right next to the check-in desk. I didn't use it but it looked to have basics like headache pills, drinks, bandaids and so on. I am not sure how useful it will be because the hotel is about a 5 minute's walk to a drugstore but I suppose it would be good in case of emergencies?

If you're in town to shop, the location is prime: within walking distance of a major bookstore, mall, grocery store and bus stop to the Church Street Marketplace. The hotel's restaurant is very good - try the butternut squash soup, if it's available - and the staff was very friendly. I asked for a late checkout and was given it without any fuss at all. Also, the free wi-fi is a big bonus, and the complimentary chocolate chip cookies at check-in are always a welcome treat.

I did find that the price had gone up quite a bit compared to last year, but then again, what hasn't gotten more expensive? Overall, I love this hotel and will go back whenever I'm in town.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool can be a bit loud due to a lot of foot traffic.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton, Burlington! I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guest’s experiences. We are in the process of refurbishing our property and look forward to our fresh new look. We're glad to hear you found staying with us convenient as we are close to the Church Street Marketplace and the University Mall just around the corner. Thank you again for your comments and see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
ri
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This place has always been tops. Never have had a problem with anything. Restaurant is great, staff always friendly, both in the restaurant and front desk....The location is fairly close to Church Street, without the price of the ones that are "on" the strip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jen B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future! If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact me directly at any time.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This hotel is literally 5 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from Lake Champlain. That's not a bad deal in and of itself.

While the interior hallway carpets are a bit worn, the rooms look newly renovated and the furniture as comfortable and inviting. My air conditioning unit was pretty darn noisy, but nothing out of the ordinary for hotels in this price class.

Free Internet, but no free breakfast -- and the paid breakfast was average and slowly delivered. Lots of breakfast options across the road, though.

All in all, a solid stay that I really enjoyed.

Room Tip: There are several rooms right off the main lobby of the hotel. I stayed in one of those and was wok...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton, Burlington! I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guest’s experiences. We are in the process of refurbishing our property and look forward to our fresh new look. Although breakfast is not included, we offer a variety of packages that include breakfast, among other things! I am sorry to hear that your breakfast experience was average and slowly delivered, but we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future so we may have the opportunity to change your dining experience! Thank you again for your comments!
St. Therese, Canada
Reviewed 11 October 2013

front desk staff rude, waited over 30 minutes for my room at check in and it was after 3pm (check in time) received no welcoming cookies, noise in hallway -cleaning staff loud talking and noise with their carts,during late afternoon for long periods and also early am as it woke us up. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was expensive for what we ate -quality poor. We chose this place for the location and also because we have read good reviews on TripAdvisor. We were unfortunately disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jen B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your travels. It is our goal to ensure that our guests are satisfied with every aspect of our hotel and we strive to provide service above and beyond our guests needs. I am terribly sorry that your stay was not as pleasant as you had anticipated based on our previous travelers comments. The disturbances you experienced are not typical for our hotel and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back and to better serve you in the near future.
marietta
Reviewed 10 October 2013

location excellent, staff very friendly, facility very convenient. made service very late in day..still cleaning when we came back to room at 5 pm. love the restaurant and bar..will be back..room 160 could use a paint job

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Jen B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton, Burlington. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you plan to return! Our restaurant Trader Dukes is an added bonus with a restaurant, bar and room service available throughout the day. We are in the process of refurbishing our guest rooms and look forward to welcoming guests with our fresh new look!
Washington Township, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Your hotel employee "Sanel" was extremely nice and helpful and truly made the hotel experience wonderful. I really want to make sure that he is acknowledge, but I really don't want to spend time making a 200 character review so you should really change your parameters or you will get alot of people who opt out of inputting a review like I was just about to do.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and to acknowledge our Front Desk Supervisor, Sanel. He is a true host and set a wonderful example for the rest of our team! I am glad that you enjoyed his company and your stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton, Burlington. I look forward to passing along your comments, thank you!
Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Check-in was unbelievably quick as a Hilton Honors member. The cookies are always a nice touch. I was shocked to open the door to our room and there was the sink and vanity. It was a nice room but not a practical layout and too small. Two of us could not pass without one stepping aside to let the other pass. It was difficult to open the door when one of us was using the sink. The outlets were right by the door so the hair dryer cord hung in front of door.

Very nice fitness center.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking to review your stay with us, we appreciate your time and value your comments! All of our standard guest rooms are designed in the same fashion, however we do have two room suites that provide about twice the space of our standard rooms and may me more comfortable should we have the opportunity to welcome you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!