“One of the best hotels I've been!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was at the doubletree burlington for our black friday shopping weekend. When we checked in I noticed that the staff was really helpfull and polite. Also they gave us their our hot cookies at check in. hmmmm! so delicious. What a good marketing policy!

We arrived in the room, which was looking exactly like the pictures on expedia. I found that the rooms were REALLY CLEAN (I insist on that point because I usually find that hotel rooms are so so). Everything seemed new (room furniture, beddings, shower). Also my mom and I slept really well : no noise outside the room at any time AND really comfy beds. Oh and the heating system of the room wasnt noisy at all.

We had time to try the pool and hot tub. In the evening there was a lot of kids in the pool but in the morning it was really quiet. The pool was a little bit cold but the hot tub was just perfect. The pool and hot tub seemed well taken care of (no blurry water, clean floors).

I did not try the gym appliance but everything (once again) looked like new.

I found that the doubletree is well located, right behind the barnes and nobble.

Besides everything, you've got free wifi (and the connection speed and quality is really good).

Note : there is only a shower (no bath) in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience, its just what we love to hear. I am happy to hear that you were so pleased with every aspect of the hotel that you were able to try our, from the cookies, comfy beds, the room lay out, to the pool area and Wi-FI. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

The location and service of the lobby attendant is great. The cookies are tasty but trying to navigate through the halls are like being in a maze. No breakfast option either but due to price I got, was well worth it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! Our hotel only has two floors so unfortunatley is its a bit long. Our staff is very welcoming and loves to give out the amazing DoubleTree cookies to everyone. Breakfast is not included but it is served in the restaurant. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I travel all across the country for work and I've been to countless hotels. The DoubleTree in Burlington Vermont was a great place to stay, with a really friendly and helpful staff. It made a big difference for our project, and I'd recommend it for anyone else.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am happy to hear that your project went well and that our staff was able to make your trip a successful one for you. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Great service and friendly staff. Nice rooms and hotel, indoor pool and work out room. Great time and will use again. Internet access was great and bed was wonderful. Was able to leave bags with the front desk for holding after check out during interview for later pic up. Will return to a Double Tree in the future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We certainly do have a warm and inviting group of staff at our hotel. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our heated pool and 24 hour work out facility. We often do hold luggage for our guest's to make their travels easier and convenient for them. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel while we were visiting St. Michael's college in Colchester. They offer a special rate for college visitors. Room a bit small for the 4 of us (2 adults, 2 teens), but very clean. It's a short drive (5-10 minutes) to downtown Burlington. They offered us extra cookies at check-in, which was nice. Pool very crowded. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We are so close to the universities and to all of the wonderful shopping that Burlington has to offer. I am sorry to hear that the room was a bit small for you, we do offer bigger and more spacious rooms which are out suites and for those we do offer a Saint Michaels College discount as well. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!3

Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

It had been a few years since I was first at this property. So long ago, in fact, that I had forgotten that I had ever been there - but the hotel didn't: offering me a warm Welcome Back. The hotel is laid out in two large squares and it can be quite the hike to breakfast in the morning - nearing 8 minutes at a normal stride.

The room was large, quiet, and comfortable. A small shopping mall nearby - within walking distance - offers a pretty decent grocery store, so stocking up on cheese and snacks is a breeze.

Traffic on the main drag is very busy during the rush hours - luckily there is a stop light helping you both into and out of the property. Downtown Burlington is a just a few minutes drive west. Excellent restaurants are nearby; the hotel has it's own "Trader Dukes" and it's actually pretty good. The only drawback experienced was there were many of us attending a conference nearby and the restaurant was overwhelmed the first morning - I presume that they never got the word of how many guests had registered. The issue being that their very competent waitstaff was not only handling tables, but also room service. (It seems to me that there should be a person dedicated to room service orders (taking and delivery). I hope the management reconsiders the present utilization of its staff.

Except for that one bumpy Monday morning: an excellent place to stay and well worth the value.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. You are correct, we are so close to such wonderful restaurants and great shopping being 1.7 miles away from downtown Burlington. I presume that you stayed in our suiets which offer great bif comfortable rooms for our travelers. I apologozie about your hike! I was able to talk to the restaurant staff to see what was going on that Monday morning, as we normally have a group of corporate guests that are here Monday morning they should have been well prepared. We also do have a person that is dedicated to room service, with taking orders and delivering them. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Have stayed here multiple times and will be returning to stay there many times in the future. Great hotel and staff. Very comfortable place. While in the Burlington area it is my favorite place to stay. Try it you will be pleased.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I am happy to hear that you are one of our great guests that continously comes back and is pleased with our services. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!