“Always nice”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Danvers, United States
“Always nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

If you are staying over in Burlington to visit your St. Michaels student (son or daughter) there is no better, cleaner and affordable hotel in that area. We have stayed in many Burlington Hotel and Motels during our daughters four years and find ourselves returning to the Doubletree. Pleasant customer service and a great place to stay.

1 Thank Michael S
Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I see you are one of the many parents that we love to see, whose kids attend Saint Michaels College, I am happy that you enjoy staying here with us as we love having you. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Darien, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I had never stayed in a Double Tree before, so this was a very pleasant surprise. From the moment I walked into the lobby I felt welcomed and valued. The front desk staff was friendly & efficient. They answered my questions on restaurants with a number of options. Every housekeeper I passed walking to my room smiled, said hello, and asked how are you. By the time I reached my room, I had a smile on my face. The room was clean and inviting. The desk chair was extremely comfortable as was the easy chair and ottoman. King bed was also very comfortable. I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree By Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We love to hear when our guests feel as welcome as you did by our entire staff. I am happy you were able to enjoy the room features such as the desk chair, chair and ottoman, and the bed. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Rutland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

We enjoyed the facilities overall. Great fitness center and pool/hot tub. Great access to the restaurant next door. Front desk staff very helpful. Had to be moved from the room we were checked into. We opened the bed and the sheets had not been changed from the previous customers. Disgusting finding body hairs in your bed. Front desk was great and quickly moved us to a nearby room

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with the sheet situation, and I would like to assure you that is not a practice around here and I am truly sorry that you had to deal with that. I am happy that our staff was able to take good care of you, and I hope when you return to the area you will give us another chance and please feel free to reach out to me. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Sharon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

If you are visiting colleges in the Burlington area The DoubleTree Inn is the perfect place to stay. Very comfortable beds, clean room, nice pool, and a great dinner. Also within 5 minutes of downtown Burlington, UVM, Saint Michaels College, and Champlain College.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree By Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I see you were visiting the colleges in the Burlington area, I hope you enjoyed what you saw and we look forward to having you back. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Hagaman, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We received the college discount for staying here, which was a good discount. However, it still seemed a bit high for the hotel. Rooms and hotel itself were clean, but very outdated. We wanted to relax in the pool and hot tub after a long day, but the pool was cold, and the hot tub was luke warm, which was very disappointing. Very convenient, but not a great value. Front desk clerk did not ask how our stay was on check-out. A disappointment for the type of hotel we thought it would be.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am sorry that you had the issues that you did at our hotel, and I hope you give us a chance to make it up to you. I see that the pool/hot tub temp was not to your satisfaction, and I hope that you did call us to let us know so that we were able to fix the issue for you. I am sorry that the front desk clerk did not ask you how your stay was at the end, its a standard practice here at this hotel. I hope that you do give us another chance and reach out to me on your next trip to the Burlington area. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Poughkeepsie, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

One thing that surprised me from the very beginning was that breakfast wasn't made available, you had to go to the adjoining restaurant (no choice of even a continental breakfast). The room itself was fine as far as noise and comfort of the bed. Major no-no's in my book, as well should be in anyone's; the towels smelled of funky body odor, the central air/heat was rackety and continuously kept coming on (bad insulation), and no matter what way you had the shower head situated it leaked out all over the bathroom floor. As nice as the front desk staff was, this could not make up for the flaws in the room itself.

Room Tip: Check all your options before booking this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am sorry to see that had issues during your stay and I hope that you were able to bring that to our attention during your stay. I hope that the next time you are in the area you give us another chance, so that we can turn your last experience around. As for the central air/heating system, the reason that it does turn on and off is because it is on a motion sensor and we would be more than happy to override that for you in the future to ensure that does not happen again. Next time you are in the area please call and ask for me and I will be more than happy to take excellent care of you. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Vermont, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel was a little more expensive then I thought it was worth. The hotel itself looked a little out dated. The Bathrooms in our hotel room was weird. The toilet and shower were closed off with a door but then the sinks and mirror were in the rest of the hotel room. Trader Dukes was a nice place to eat but the overall hotel experience wasn't the best.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am sorry to hear that our room setup was not to your liking, you bathroom is split up, the shower and toilet in the bathroom, and the vanity and sink in the rest of the room, this set up is usually beneficial when there are multiple people that are trying to get ready. I see you were also able to enjoy some food at TraderDukes. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,443 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Burlington Downtown

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!