“As Expected... Mostly ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in South Burlington
Woodbury,CT
“As Expected... Mostly ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Chose the Doubletree since it was the closest company "approved" hotel near Vergennes. The lobby was nice, check-in went fine, and the room was mostly what I expected. Sink right next to room door was a little annoying, and the very low hall ceilings were weird, but otherwise it was nice. Didn't try the restaurant but went to the one across the street, which was 'meh'.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stayat the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I do hope the next time you are in the area you give our restaurant a chance and hopefully we can bet the 'meh' you experienced across the street from us. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

the Theatre company I belong to chose DoubleTree for our 40th Anniversary celebration. We were able to secure a block of rooms as well. The event staff was outstanding to work with and the front desk staff was efficient, friendly and courteous. Room was great, bed super comfy. We enjoyed a leisurly breakfast the following morning, with some terrific blueberry pancakes and again, GREAT staff!! Would highly suggest you stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am glad to hear you folks had a great even also followed by terrific blueberry pancakes the following morning. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Clinton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Excellent hotel, clean, great bed/rooms, outstanding staff, convenience store directly across the street. If I ever have to go that way again, this hotel will definitely be my first choice. Burlington is not a "jumping" location; however, this hotel makes up for it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stayat the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am happy to hear that our location only 1.7 miles from downtown was able to meet all of your needs. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

From the Shuttle from the airport to the day we left - great overall experience! Staff was extremely helpful and friendly (what can you expect - its VT!) and the rooms were a good value for the price. Its right of the highway and also within walking distance of downtown - a bit over a mile. Beds were comfortable. The only two minor issues is the air conditioner had some issues the first night and the shower was a bit tricky to turn on. It was nothing super fancy, but fulfilled our needs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stayat the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We are happy to hear your stay was great overall, we hope you had a safe journey. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I used to stay at the Hilton on the lake, but this hotel is much more affordable and the rooms have been updated and are great. It seems tht the workout room was also updated and has nice equipment. The breakfast in the resturant was alos very good with nice service.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jen B, Front Desk Supervisor at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! You are correct we did and update on the rooms as well as the fitness room. Glad to hear you were able to enjoy the great breakfast served in our restaurant TraderDuke's. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
boston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I'm a big fan of Hilton's Doubletree Brand and this hotel delivered. Relaxed, unpretentious, comfortable. 3 minutes from campus. I only wish there was a nice outdoor area to sit and chill. Very well managed property. Great service from staff all around.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! We do have a wonderful courtyard with a patio and gazebo, hopefully in the future you get a chance to use it. We greatly appreciate your time and look forward to utilizing your insight to continually improve our guests experiences. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at the Burlingtons Double Tree due to the convenience of its location to the airport. I am pretty loyal to Hilton Hotels as they are always outstanding; regardless of the concept. My stay here, however, wasn't the best. The rooms had a strange odor and it was pretty loud. The best part? The restaurant is outstanding and the staff/service was spectacular. As I work in marketing, I always take the time to complete surveys as I know how important they are. Imagine my surprise when, within hours, of my "so so" review, I received a personalized email from Sanel, the Front Desk Supervisor, apolgizing for my stay (they are in the midst of renovations; hence the odor and that they hadn't made their way to my floor yet). The personalization of the email blew me away - he even checked to see what room I was in to explain the situation. I have always loved Hilton - and it is because they hire excellent people like Sanel. The room was ok - just outdated. I will definitely stay here again. And, Susan in the bar - she was the friendliest person I have come across in a long time. The best steak EVER. I highly recommend it. If for no other reason than the service is outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room. They are a good size and very comfortable.