“Disappointment in return stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I gave this hotel a stellar recommendation on my previous stay in June 2014, but recently found that they did not compensate my co-worker while he experienced insect bites in bed. Thought they could have at least take the hotel charge off his bill or compensate free meals in restaurant. UGH!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jen B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! Thank you for brining that to my attention when you were at the hotel at the Front Desk, your co-worker was taken care of while he was here t the hotel and we were able to figure out that the bites did not occur on our property. We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We've stayed at this hotel for years and watched it decline in quality. Their people are always good, but the rooms and public spaces need some investment. Our room door squeaked so loudly that we worried about waking neighbors when we left for an early breakfast. The carpeting throughout the hotel needs to be replaced or at least really cleaned. The key access outside doors are so unpredictable that we are used to walking all the way around the hotel just to avoid the frustration of trying to get in and having your key not work. All in all .. if there were other options (we understand that someone is building a Homewood Suites in the area -- hooray!), we wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: if you can score one of the one bedroom suites they are the best value. you'll go through door...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am sorry to hear about the frustorations, I am happy to report that the B door enterance that you are referring to has been fixed, the carpets in the hallways were actually installed last year. We are in the middle of refurbushing the hotel, we were not able get through the entire property as the busy time of the year, but look forward to finishing in the upcoming months. We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed here for just one night when we planned to make a stop in Vermont on our way back from our trip to Canada (Quebec city, QC). We stayed in a two room suite. We traveled with my parents, so we were totally 6 of us including my wife and two kids (5 and 11). We were provided with an extra roll on bed, and it was a comfortable stay. Only thing I was disappointed about was the fact they they didn't serve complimentary breakfast at this location. Being a Hilton Honors Silver member, I stay at Hilton chain of hotels all the time and I am so used to the idea of free complimentary breakfast that is normally offered by other hotel chain hotels.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Jen B, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am sorry that breakfast was not included for you, I hope you were able to take advantage of the 15% discount that we offer in the restaurant. We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We have enjoyed our stay so far at the doubletree. We found the front desk staff to be warm, welcoming and courteous. The rooms are pleasantly sized and well laid out. A few other people have mentioned a somewhat dated decor and musty smell. There is no musty smell that any of us can detect, and three of us have allergy / asthma issues. The decor in the hotel is not unpleasant if not ultra modern. It is easy to get to and there is plenty of parking. All in all, we would have stayed here again. As we are here to drop our daughter at UVM for her freshman year, this is a real consideration for us. We plan to visit regularly. But perhaps at a different hotel.

Our complaint is about the restaurant, one waitress (shift manager?) in particular. When we arrived @ 5 PM, we went and had a salad and a drink at the bar. The salad was very nice and the bartenders were very pleasant. The woman proceeded to loudly start snapping instructions at the bartenders to the point where it dominated customer conversations. We left. Later, after we had put the kids to bed, I wandered down to the restaurant to purchase a glass of wine. As I walked in the woman loudly snapped at me. We close at 11! It was 11;02. She added we closed earl ... (Changed her mind) on time tonight because there was no one here. She practically shouted at me. I back out and then went back in and asked if it might be possible to just get a glass of wine to take back to my room. No!! She had shut everything down for the night auditors. It was impossible. I left having been shouted at and felt really let down by the whole experience. It was "impossible" to pour a glass of wine and leave a note for the morning manager to please charge room 188 for a glass of Chardonnay?

It is amazing how one spectacularly unpleasant employee can change ones feeling about an entire hotel.

I think next time we will try to stay at Hotel Vermont where the staff were so pleasant earlier in the evening. At least in their restaurant. Hen of the Wood.

Stayed: August 2014

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am please to hear you had a great experience with the front desk staff, I am going to forward your response to the Manager in the restaurant and I hope the next time you are in the area you will reach out to me and be my guest in the restaurant to rectify this experience. We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree twice over a 2 week period. I had arrived during my first visit to take my son to a camp in East Burke and flew into Burlington. I returned 2 weeks later to retrieve him and stayed in the same Doubletree. Each time the hotel was pleasant and I had no concerns. Staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. It is very close to the airport, just one turn off of the hotel road. Short distance to the downtown area in the other direction. We used the workout room and pool when we were there. Nice, clean, well equipped. There's a good restaurant on site, as well as a pizza place across the street that delivers. Can print boarding passes in the lobby. Super nice gift shop next door that you can walk to. Only 2 floors to the hotel, I was given a choice of floors at each check-in. You may want to use the "don't disturb" sign if you're not an early riser. Housekeeping always seemed to come when we were getting ready, even on the days we were checking out. Check out was a breeze and they sent us on our way with another chocolate chip cookie! Would definitely stay there again :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I hope your son had a wonderful time at camp, I see you were able to use the facilites that we offer on-site! You are correct we are close to so many wonderful things in the area, this is a wonderful place to stay! We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was our first time to Burlington and we enjoyed the waterfront area and the great bike trail. This hotel was a few minutes to the center of town and was close to freeway access. We ate at the restaurant a few times and the food was very good. overall it was a nice place to stay

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! Were glad to hear your chose to stay with us while visiting the Burlington area. The restaurant on-site does have some amazing dishes! We look forward to seeing you again! We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Overall our experience with Double Tree in Burlington, Vt, was very good. The only exception being that the bed mattres was uncomfortable because of being very old (our guess!). There were two distinct, deep, impressions on each side of the King size matress....our bodies didn't match!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time in Burlington! I am sorry to hear about the mattress issue you experienced, we switch out the matresses every three months. I hope the next time your in the area we can rectify this matter for you. We are committed to making our hotel your first choice when your need for hotel accommodations arises. Your insight is very important to us as it helps us discover how we can best meet your travel needs. We would like to thank you for choosing the DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington and hope to see you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Courtyard Burlington Harbor

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington? Share your experiences!