“Disgusting and outdated”
Review of Anchorage Inn

Anchorage Inn
Reviewed 3 November 2011

My girlfriend and I traveled from Maine and visited Burlington Columbus Day weekend (October 7th thru 9th). First the front desk tried to charge us more than we were quoted over the phone and telling us that the rooms were going for $200 a night that weekend. We got a kitchenette cause we wanted to be able to save money on eating out. Well, the place was disgusting, old and outdated, the bathtub and toilet were 70s blue, the mattress and box spring had visible wear and tear. Three of the four chairs in the room were stained on the cushions, kitchenette table was rickety, the small fridge operation was loud and ugly. Oh and the continental breakfast was cereal, coffee, juice and pastries they had gotten from the dollar store. There was no where to sit and eat breakfast downstairs so we had to take it back to our room, on the third floor. I could go on and on about this dump but we arrived late on Friday and knew that most other hotels were booked. We will never be going to the Anchorage Inn again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julian B

Reviewed 26 October 2011

I was expecting an older, yet clean hotel. I got a filthy, smelly room in a basement with broken everything and bugs all over the place... dead and alive. There was a tear in the window screen, like someone had tried to break in, the drop ceiling had water stains all over it, and the carpet was so vile I thought I might get sick if I stayed in the room any longer than I did. The beds were sagging and the comforters had stains on them as well. It took me about 2 minutes to discover all of this, and I was on the phone with another hotel making reservations. I didn't get my money back, of course, even though this place should be shut down by the board of health.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you value your health.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Lindsay A
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Didn't spend alot of time in the room. After getting into town late, we really didn't want to look at anymore rooms, and settled on the Anchorage. The front desk was nice enough, but the hotel smells like it has been smoked in for many years. Water didn't drain very well in the tub. Building could stand some renovations. Basic breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob J
Reviewed 16 October 2011

The hotel looked nice from outside and is in a prime location but is full of problems: Bathroom sink clogged, fleas in bed, filthy mattress, and cigarette burns on chairs and blankets. Reception desk messed up our reservation and we were forced to stay in a "student room" instead of a regular double. After we found fleas while lying in bed, we were treated rudely by reception and had to move our things to another room. Too many problems during a short stay. I would recommend staying elsewhere!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Ultravi
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. I had a cancelled flight and they did not have the courtesy to waive the charges for the room. I called to discuss this with someone and the service I received from the front desk manager Allison was possibly the worst experiance I have ever had with a hotel; she was rude, demeaning and completely unwilling to be of assistnce. The rates they charge guests to stay in their dilapidated establishment should at least come with good customer service.

Room Tip: DO not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Eric B
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I stayed on a very busy weekend the rooms are a nice size the front desk was very helpful actually met both managers at check in and both were delightful. They were willing to accommodate with the few problems that I encountered nothing big I needed a hair dryer extra pillows and towels rooms was clean. I have read previous reviews and yes the housekeepers were working when I checked in and the hall had dirty laundry but i at least knew my room was clean. You do get what you pay for ..... Great price for great service

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I have been staying here for thirty years. It has slowly gone downhill. The last stay will literally be my last stay. I checked in at around 5:30 -6:00 PM. The halls were littered with dirty bed linens and towels. Everywhere. House cleaning had apparently stripped the sheets and piled them in the halls, but not picked them up. Dirty too.
My room was not good. I had to change from one room to another because the first was so poor. The second had a broken outlet so the television plug did not stay in. The cell phone would not charge. The light in the shower / bathroom was broken.
People were smoking and drinking right outside the side door to the rooms.

Room Tip: I looked at three rooms, one on each floor. The top floor was the best, but still not good.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank James S
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Anchorage Inn? Share your experiences!