Anchorage Inn
US$118
HIExpress.com
US$102
Comfort Suites South Burlington(South Burlington)(Great Value!)
US$98
ComfortSuites
Trader Duke's Hotel(South Burlington)
US$113
US$149
US$124
US$164
US$148
Homewood
US$93
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Burlington(South Burlington)
US$111
Smart Suites Burlington(South Burlington)
US$109
Green Mountain Suites Hotel(South Burlington)
US$164
US$139
Official Website
All reviewsroom was cleanair forceyogurtweek staysmall bathroominternational airportan updateenjoyed my staycomfortable stayoff the highway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Day old breakfasts, no maid service, don't expect your beds to be made, dank, dirty, lights didn't work. Ewwwww! If this was a restaurant, the health dept. would have closed it long ago as a health risk.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TigoLucian
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Only place left to stay in, recommended from another full hotel.(had tried 4 other places close by) Our timing was poor, festival on in town so many places booked out. Called around six pm, room not ready for an hour or two, paid full rate, very expensive for what we got. Sheets not good on bed, had to change them from the other double bed.... Glad to check out to be honest.... If you could stay somewhere else do, suppose its one of the reasons there was availability in the place..... Won't be back......

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Niall
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My sister and I stayed here in mid August. She made the reservation at the Inn itself for us. She was told we were booked into a non-smoking, 1st floor room with a "step out," which we took to mean something like a patio door to the outside from our room since I smoke and she does not. About a week before our arrival she called to confirm the room and she was told the exact same thing. When we arrived we were told that we were on the 3rd floor and there were no other rooms available! I said to just let it go, and please point us to the elevator. The girl at the desk informed us there was no elevator! My sister and I have both had surgeries in the last year or two for orthopedic reasons and a third-floor walk-up was not going to work well for us, but we trudged on up with the help of a gentleman at the front desk who carried some of our luggage. Our room was disgusting! There was a tear in the rug inside the door, the bathroom was basically clean, though very outdated and the light in there was horrible. The shower had very little pressure. The sink was inside the front door and had a crack in it and didn't really look clean, but may have been stained. We were not even provided enough towels for two people. The drapes couldn't have been cleaned any time in the last two decades. I immediately took the spread off my bed and tried to sleep. The next morning I actually checked the bed to make sure it didn't have 2 box springs instead of a spring and mattress! They charged us $135/night for this dump that was basically a tick above a cheap hostel! For your sake and the sake of your family, please keep away from this place. I came home and sprayed the inside of my luggage and washed everything in it, just in case I brought something crawly home from there! I did check for bedbugs, didn't see any, but that doesn't mean they were not there, since I am elderly and have poor eyesight. It's really a wonder that someone hasn't sued them for a health risk, maybe the health department should be notified. This place is certainly old, needs an overhaul, or as someone else suggested, an episode of Hotel Impossible. Never again folks, never again!

Room Tip: The back of the building has the parking lot. Lots of noise from high decibel mufflers and police chasing them through that area. Best to stay on the front if you have to stay here, but then you would have Dorset St. noise...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank a B
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Okay, so this hotel is not the biggest, fanciest or up to date hotel you can stay in. It still offers free wifi in all rooms, a pool and hot tub and a complimentary coffee buffet 24/7. The breakfast buffet is continental, which basically means there's some fruit, yoghurt, cereal and doughnuts. There's no bar or restaurant so you'll have to eat this in your room or sitting in the lobby. Don't expect a full bacon and eggs breakfast here, but if you are looking for a more extended breakfast experience there's a mall right across the street that offers an Ihop and some coffee stores.

The room was decent, although the pillows could have been a bit bigger or just more and the tv seemed to be built in the 1960's but hey, it worked fine.

The rates are the cheapest we could find, and the inn is located close enough to drive to the town waterfront. Also close to the highway, Colchester, Shelburne, Middlebury (Ben & Jerry's!) are easily reachable.

The front office staff was very friendly, helped us out with planning our trip and seemed generally interested in our plans. Very helpful when we wanted to print out some e-tickets (which unfortunately did not work, but that wasn't really their fault).

I would definitely recommend this hotel, it felt very personal and was affordable without nasty surcharges.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Two positives about this place: the price, compared to area hotels; and the front desk service, which was very approachable and courteous.

This place needs a complete overhaul! The rooms and the hallways smell of old smoke and rug shampoo. The pool had hair floating in it. The shower leaked on the floor. The floors in the room creaked. The pillows were barely usable. The tv had to be at least 10 years old, its picture was green-tinted, and it was plugged in through the front of the armoire. The continental breakfast was presented on a buffet shelf in the lobby, and there was no place to sit; we had to bring the food back to our room. Upon returning to the room after a day out, we found that the maid had come but hadn't left any new soap; and we were never given any washcloths.

The next time we stay in Burlington, we're going to pay a bit more for a better room.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor. I understand the basement is the worst part, so if you actually book a room here, try to avoid the basement.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple