“Tired Inn”

Anchorage Inn
Albany, New York
“Tired Inn”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This inn has a convenient location to downtown (just a short drive in), but it really is tired and in need of repair. The bathroom sink in our room was propped up by wooden posts and I was afraid it might fall down at any time. The continental breakfast was just cereal, doughnuts, yogurt, juice and coffee. On the positive side, the staff were very friendly and the price was reasonable. There was a concert nearby the night we stayed and there were some folks staying at the inn who looked like they were in desperate need of showers. I don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kiawah Island
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is in a terrific location and looks pretty nice from the front. However, it is really past its prime and needs to be redone. No coffee maker, microwave, etc in room. TV has very limited offerings---no ESPN!!!!!! Overpriced as well.

Room Tip: Make sure ypu're not in the basement.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these South Burlington hotels

Ajax, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Great for a night or two, room was large and clean. A little outdated but not really a big deal. The bed was comfy and new! We thought we were getting a single queen and ended up with a king for the same price. Room was only $89 w tax...... Would definitely stay again. Located close to highway, downtown, shopping.... Everything you would want to do in Burlington.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Belinda S
Shanna S, General Manager at Anchorage Inn, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I am so happy to hear you had an enjoyable time while staying with us at Anchorage Inn. We, too, are very excited about the new beds that have been purchased by the ownership as part of their continued inchoative of improvement for Anchorage Inn. We have upgraded our bed selections from two double beds to two queen beds and from one queen bed to one king. I am extremely pleased that we were able to meet and, hopefully, exceed your expectations with our location and value. On behalf of the Anchorage Team, myself and ownership, I would like to extend our thanks to you and we hope to open the doors of Anchorage Inn again to you on your next trip to the Burlington Area.
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Clean rooms and comfortable beds for a low price make Anchorage Inn a good value. Hotel has a pool and hot tub which we did not use but looked clean. Location is close to the airport and not far from downtown Burlington.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Old_Hiker
Shanna S, General Manager at Anchorage Inn, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I am so happy to hear you had an enjoyable time while staying with us at Anchorage Inn. We, too, are very excited about the new beds that have been purchased by the ownership as part of their continued inchoative of improvement for Anchorage Inn. I am extremely pleased that we were able to meet and, hopefully, exceed your expectations with our location and value. On behalf of the Anchorage Team, myself and ownership, I would like to extend our thanks to you and we hope to open the doors of Anchorage Inn again to you on your next trip to the Burlington Area.
Pampa, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The staff was very nice & friendly. The rooms were very clean. Was nice to have a swimming pool & hot tub indoors. They were very good at getting us a room at the time when we needed a room. It was very reasonably priced considering what was going on over the weekend. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Shanna S, General Manager at Anchorage Inn, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Theresa,

Thank you so much for choosing Anchorage Inn as your hotel of choice while you were in the Burlington area. It was our pleasure to host you for your stay. We are so very pleased you had an enjoyable stay at Anchorage Inn. It will be our pleasure to open our doors to you again in the future.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Weekend of Beer Fest in Burlington, VT and they gouged the prices on us traveler's. I expect to pay what I paid for this accomondation at a Marriott Property, not at a run-down flea moitel. The bathroom was so small you could barely fit in it to go. It had cigarette burn's on the linoleum and the toilet seat was sort of like a melon green from the 60's and was well worn. The air conditioning unit made so much noise all night that I thought someone was trying to break into my room. I was desperate for a room to stay in because I was in town for a hockey tournament and all other properties were totally booked. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: There is no such thing as a good room at this place.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Carley P
Shanna S, General Manager at Anchorage Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
I would like to first thank you for choosing Anchorage Inn for your most recent stay. I see from your comments that you were not happy with the Economy level of our hotel. The items that you have listed that you were unhappy about are exactly what makes an Economy Room an Economy Room. We only sell these discounted rooms on a walk in basis and only after the client (you) were able to take ample time to look around in the room and see what you are purchasing for the price prior to purchasing and staying. Our Economy Level is a very popular level as many times guests who are traveling with no reservations really only want a place to sleep and focus more on enjoying Vermont and Burlington or they are traveling on a very tight budget. The travel industry as a whole runs on fluctuating prices they move up and down on a daily basis, events and holidays do play a huge part in what drives the price market. You will find this not only in hotels, but also in airlines, bus, trains and so on. The chain hotels in the area for the same weekend were running in upwards of $300-$350 and higher, of which you paid well under half of those rates. I do apologize that you were dissatisfied with the room you looked at prior to purchasing. If you do happen to be in town during these dates again and wish to make a reservation we would be more than happy to make sure you are in one of our Standard Rooms, which are located on the 2nd and 3rd floors. All of these rooms feature new QQ or K beds and half of them are also featuring new carpeting at this time. It is always our goal to bring location and value together each and every day.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I've never written an online review for a hotel before, but given my experience here, I wanted to save other people looking for a "deal" hotel the aggravation of dealing with this place. I'll start with the manager. I have never quite dealt with someone so rude in the hospitality industry. Upon hearing my complaints on the below, he said "Sorry, but you already paid and you didn't follow the cancellation policy" and then hung up the phone. The front desk clerk said he knew the hotel had lots of problems, but there was nothing he could do if the manager wouldn't help. So, I left.

Now to talk about the conditions at this place - Upon check-in, during the height of the summer heat, the lobby windows were open, there was a strong smell of chlorine, almost to the point my eyes started tearing. I checked in and went to my room. When I first walked in, immediately I saw how outdated this placed truly was. The carpet around the sink was wet. The toilet was continually running and had not been properly cleaned. None of the outlets in the room would hold anything I plugged in. The TV plug was taped to the outlet so it would not fall out. The bed linen had a black spot and hair on it when I pulled back the cover. Needless to say, the conditions were unacceptable.

You may be saving money here, but its not worth it at all. The manager alone was enough to make me write this review and I hope its enough to deter anyone from staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Steven S
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Burlington
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bur...
#8 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Anchorage Inn? Share your experiences!