“Bad night.....”

Smart Suites Burlington
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
“Bad night.....”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I followed the excellent recommendations but was very disappointed.
Room and hotel are very out dated and look very bad. The smoking smell in lobby and especially in the elevator was almost unbearable.
The bed was simply awful... So soft we felt like in a water bed... Fridge made noise like a car.. We barely slept.
Breakfast was minimal so we ate out in a great bagel place near by.
The only positive thing was the reception manager asked how was our stay (I dint intend to complaint) and her reaction when she heard all the above. She was surprised and sorry and discounted 10% of the room cost.
The hotel really needs to improve

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear MosheA,

I am so sorry to hear your most recent stay at our hotel did not exceed your expectation in every way. We truly appreciate your feedback and work hard to create the best experience we can for all of our guests. It is our mission to improve our hotel before your next stay in Burlington.

We are taking action in regards to all of your concerns. We are not currently aware of any unwanted smells in our lobby or elevator but are always prepared to respond to such things whenever we are made aware. If there is an issue with the mattress in your room, please let us know which room you stayed in so that we may address it. Also, our breakfast is in a constant state of improvement. We are always anxious to hear what items others would be interested in added or changed!

Thank you again for your feedback. It truly makes a difference to us! I want to invite you to contact me directly to discuss these matters further and hopefully have you as our guest again in the future. I look forward to meeting you during your next trip to Burlington!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
FREMONT
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My wife is a travel nurse, and took an assignment in Burlington. The travel company contracted with Smart Suites for lodging for her while she is in Vermont. She has been here since June 2013, and is extremely happy with her accommodations. I have been here twice now...once to move her in, and the second time to come see her on vacation. The staff has always been extremely friendly and willing to do what it takes to make your stay a comfortable one. It DOES have its drawbacks...communal laundry, no pool, standard definition tv's, etc. However, they have made arrangements for guests to use the Holiday Inn pool next door, and the laundry room is clean and has a small workout area in it. The Hotel has always been clean and comfortable when I've been here. Based upon my wife's comments, and my own experience, I would recommend this hotel to people who need an extended stay hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear litespd_56,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! A clean room, warm breakfast and a friendly welcome are all small things we can do convey our appreciation to our guests! We loved having you here and are honored to receive your recommendation!

Be safe in your future travels!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I'm a travel nurse staying in Smart Suites from May 2013 to Aug 2013. From the staff to the accommodations, I would highly recommend it. It was clean and cozy. The pool, hot tub, ease of doing laundry and the hot breakfast were awesome. The staff made it feel like home. It truly did feel like a home away from home. In my travels as a nurse across the country, I have stayed in some really awful places. This is, by far, the best place I have stayed. I can't think of anything I would change about it. Michelle, the Manager, is very fair and accommodating. Thank you, Smart Suites and Staff.

Room Tip: Room 315 - the room with a view of the trees is very private and quiet. At times there were children...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Vicki,

We will miss you a great deal. Thank you so much for writing such a nice review of our hotel! We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. We love our traveling nurses and relationships we build as a result of extended stays. Your recommendation means the world to us!

Be safe in your future travels,

suffield, connecticut
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Wedding on Saturday, stayed 2 nights, just a nice place to stay. They did mention to write a review on TA and you know they were confident enough to ask that it would be a good review.
Stayed in some dumps in my time that could care less about the place, this was not a dump.
I will not say more, just find out for yourself.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear wwrockyou,

Thank you so much for your recommendation! More and more people are beginning to discover the value of independent hotels such as the Smart Suites over big corporate chains. We are honored you gave us a chance.

I believe Trip Advisor tells an important story about our hotel. We take all feedback very seriously and address each issue aggressively. In doing so, the satisfaction of our guests has consistently improved. Today, we are very confident in our service, product and value! We seek to exceed the expectations of all our guests. Rest assured that if something unfavorable comes up, we will correct it.

We truly appreciate you for taking the time to let others know about your positive experience. We can’t wait to welcome you back to hotel in the future!

In Gratitude,

montreal
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This our second stay here and we actually thought it was nicer this time around. We were put on the 3rd floor and our friends got a room with a huge window facing the water, so we got to enjoy sunsets in their room. We appreciate so much how friendly the staff is and when arriving they didn't have the studio we booked for our friends so they upgraded them to a 1 bedroom for the same price! The 1 bedroom units are huge, a full kitchen and the beds were very comfortable. The location is close to downtown and shopping, and honestly having shopped around this place has the best price in town for what you get. We are going back next year!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear georgie39,

Thank you for being our guest a second time around! It is important to us that we remain in a constant state of improvement. Part of our commitment to each guest is to ensure that your next stay is even better than the last. I am so happy to hear our staff kept this commitment to you by being friendly and accommodating!

Your friend must have stayed in one of our Bay Window Suites. These rooms feature the best view of the lake (and sunset) and we can usual offer them at no additional charge for those who know to ask. Availability is very limited so booking in advance helps too!

Thank you again! It really means a lot to that you chose to share your recommendation with others here on Trip Advisor. I look forward to welcoming you as our guest again next year for an even better experience!

Clemmons, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We spent a week in the Smart Suites in Burlington Vermont. We found it to be an excellent choice for our needs. We had a 1 bedroom suite and my only complaint is the air conditioner is in the bedroom is right next to the bed and the noise made it almost impossible to fall asleep. After the first night we had to turn it off when we went to bed. We would stay there again. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were on the third floor and there is a large deck where you can see the Adirondack mountains and Lake Champlain. The hotel is located relatively close to the shore of the lake.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side or back of the hotel is advisable although the traffic on Shelburne Rd. at night i...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KittyO897
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Dear KittyO897,

From all of us here at the Smart Suites, Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience with others. I am glad to discover you consider us to be an excellent choice and we are grateful for your recommendation.

For your next stay, we want it to be nothing short of perfect! In this, please feel free to connect with me directly and we can discuss all of our options for resolving the issues you encountered with the air conditioning unit. I am sure we can find the best accommodations suited to exceed your expectations.

I look forward to hearing from you and can’t wait to have you as our guest again.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I stayed a few days there last week. We have stayed there a number of times before.
This time was a little different. The room we were given had a mild odor. I phoned the front desk.
( I hate doing this it always turns out bad somehow its going to be my fault ) The lady at the front desk said she would send someone to check out the problem. He was there in less than one minute. To my surprise he agreed there was a odor. He said call the front desk again. I did and the polite lady ask if we would come back and she would see what she could do. We went back and the lady was already working on the problem. After checking her computer for a few minutes she ask her boss Jim Davision assistant manager if he could help. He came over really friendly and said lets see what can we do to fix this problem. He played with the computer a few minute and then ask if we could follow him after asking if he could carry my bags. He then showed us 2 rooms both were great. My wife picked one. Everything was great. I was satisfied. Jim Davision then turned to us and ask if we were going out to eat that night we said yes. He said for our in convince he would like to buy us dinner. I first thought he was joking. He wasn’t. He treated us like we were staying at one of the finest hotel in New York City. All hotels are great until something goes wrong then you find out if they really do care. I tell you Smart Suites in South Burlington do care and I recommend them not only for there good value but there service when something does go wrong. Thank you Jim and all your friendly staff.
I will see you again
Bill McCarthy

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bill M
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Bill,

It was a unique pleasure having the opportunity to serve you by correcting the problem you experienced and it is an honor to see such a wonderful review! Thank You!

Our team enjoys reading these reviews because we truly care about the service we provide and the satisfaction of each our guests. There is no reward greater in customer service than hearing that you’ve done a great job. I am genuinely sorry for the trouble you encountered but and happy to hear we were able to resolve it.

Again, Thank You! It means the world to us that you took the time to write this review Bill. We can’t wait to welcome you and your wife back to our hotel!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Quality Inn Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
#1 of 4 in Shelburne
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!