“Fabulous Stay!”

Smart Suites Burlington
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This Hotel was clean with spacious rooms. The staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Everyone was so polite and super accommodating. It was great having a full kitchen and breakfast included. These amenities made it a quite affordable vacation for me and my kids. Centrally located to all the many attractions the Burlington area has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear 845Mary,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us on Trip Advisor! Your recommendation is very important to us and we are grateful you chose to share it with future travelers here on Trip Advisor.

Clean, comfortable rooms, at a good price are what we seek to offer while delivering superior customer service. It is very rewarding to hear that you found these things to be true about your stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Great staff, great location and very clean rooms. The rooms were quite large. My only minor complaint was that there was no functioning AC in the living room section of our suite. It was not necessary and the bedroom was very well air-conditioned. I'd recommend this place if you're not planning on spending a lot of time in the room.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Hollyday B,

We strive for total perfection for every guest, every stay! Of course we know this is a high expectation which is why we depend so deeply on review such as yours. We hope to remain in a constant state of always improving.

I am sorry about the AC (or lack of) in the living room. In the future, we have additional AC units available by request. We hope to someday have enough to outfit all of our suites with a second AC unit but until we do, just ask the front desk and we will install one immediately.

I look forward to making your next stay exactly perfect! Feel free to connect with me directly to plan your next trip.

Assistant General Manger

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is a very inexpensive place to stay, therefore expectations should be minimal.

That mentioned, the people working there bend over backwards/do everything possible, to make sure your stay is great.
Isn't that criteria critical to the total experience?

We booked at Smart Suites for the price and realizing it would be a place to rest our heads after shopping / dining, and enjoying the beautiful Burlington region.

To our great surprise after the cost was confirmed....and ALWAYS remembering the cost, we were thrilled with our large sized 'suite' along with all the extras that are too numerous to mention.
Toss in a better than average 'breakfast offering' and this is a terrific deal - a GREAT deal !

Downside?
You are not downtown and will need a vehicle, yet the town center is about 15 easy drive minutes away with great shopping and dining stops in between.

Bottom line?
Not many price/value places better....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ron C,

I think you make an important point concerning cost vs. product when it comes to hotels. We know that our hotel is not the most luxurious accommodations in Burlington. There are certainly other properties that have more expensive furnishings and lavish amenities. You can pay much more (or much less) for a room but first, I advise every traveler to consider the value of what they are purchasing.

As an independent, non-branded hotel, we are able to offer much better rates than our corporate competitors while providing a complete 3 Star suite of amenities. We feel the value of our hotel far exceeds that of our competitors when you weigh what we offer against the price we charge. We are often confused to be a reduced class of hotel because of our price.

Thank you so much for your review and your insightfulness. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Each time I travel to Burlington Vermont, I stay at the Smart Suites in South Burlington. Though a few miles from downtown Burlington, this hotel is the best value --you get a small efficiency kitchen, with a living room and separate bedroom for a very reasonable price. My most recent stay really solidified my opinion. Upon arrival, I noticed that the person in front of me checking in was receiving very polite and thorough information. And the clerk, Eric, was multitasking while providing this excellent service...I thought how efficient this young man is, he is able to answer the customer's questions, and provide directions etc in a very professional manner. When it was my turn to check in, I received the same personal service, but it was not a "boxed" speech that he just gave to the other person in front of me...he tailored his responses to my questions and made me feel very welcome. I will always stay at this hotel, not only because the cost is so reasonable, but because the service is excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the upper building, south side...very quiet and nice view of Lake Champlain!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear fb,

I can’t wait to share your review with Eric and our entire staff! It is wonderfully refreshing to hear someone say our hotel “Rocks!”. We think so too!

It is also worth mentioning that we do not believe in “boxed” responses or speeches that you may be use to receiving from other hotels. All of our interactions are genuine and come with a genuine concern for your satisfaction.

We can’t wait to welcome you back to our hotel again soon!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I followed the excellent recommendations but was very disappointed.
Room and hotel are very out dated and look very bad. The smoking smell in lobby and especially in the elevator was almost unbearable.
The bed was simply awful... So soft we felt like in a water bed... Fridge made noise like a car.. We barely slept.
Breakfast was minimal so we ate out in a great bagel place near by.
The only positive thing was the reception manager asked how was our stay (I dint intend to complaint) and her reaction when she heard all the above. She was surprised and sorry and discounted 10% of the room cost.
The hotel really needs to improve

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear MosheA,

I am so sorry to hear your most recent stay at our hotel did not exceed your expectation in every way. We truly appreciate your feedback and work hard to create the best experience we can for all of our guests. It is our mission to improve our hotel before your next stay in Burlington.

We are taking action in regards to all of your concerns. We are not currently aware of any unwanted smells in our lobby or elevator but are always prepared to respond to such things whenever we are made aware. If there is an issue with the mattress in your room, please let us know which room you stayed in so that we may address it. Also, our breakfast is in a constant state of improvement. We are always anxious to hear what items others would be interested in added or changed!

Thank you again for your feedback. It truly makes a difference to us! I want to invite you to contact me directly to discuss these matters further and hopefully have you as our guest again in the future. I look forward to meeting you during your next trip to Burlington!

All the Best,

Reviewed 31 July 2013

My wife is a travel nurse, and took an assignment in Burlington. The travel company contracted with Smart Suites for lodging for her while she is in Vermont. She has been here since June 2013, and is extremely happy with her accommodations. I have been here twice now...once to move her in, and the second time to come see her on vacation. The staff has always been extremely friendly and willing to do what it takes to make your stay a comfortable one. It DOES have its drawbacks...communal laundry, no pool, standard definition tv's, etc. However, they have made arrangements for guests to use the Holiday Inn pool next door, and the laundry room is clean and has a small workout area in it. The Hotel has always been clean and comfortable when I've been here. Based upon my wife's comments, and my own experience, I would recommend this hotel to people who need an extended stay hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear litespd_56,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! A clean room, warm breakfast and a friendly welcome are all small things we can do convey our appreciation to our guests! We loved having you here and are honored to receive your recommendation!

Be safe in your future travels!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I'm a travel nurse staying in Smart Suites from May 2013 to Aug 2013. From the staff to the accommodations, I would highly recommend it. It was clean and cozy. The pool, hot tub, ease of doing laundry and the hot breakfast were awesome. The staff made it feel like home. It truly did feel like a home away from home. In my travels as a nurse across the country, I have stayed in some really awful places. This is, by far, the best place I have stayed. I can't think of anything I would change about it. Michelle, the Manager, is very fair and accommodating. Thank you, Smart Suites and Staff.

Room Tip: Room 315 - the room with a view of the trees is very private and quiet. At times there were children...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Vicki,

We will miss you a great deal. Thank you so much for writing such a nice review of our hotel! We hope to have you as our guest again in the future. We love our traveling nurses and relationships we build as a result of extended stays. Your recommendation means the world to us!

Be safe in your future travels,

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Trader Duke's Hotel
Trader Duke's Hotel
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!