“Darn smokers!”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
California
“Darn smokers!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This would be a great place to stay but they still allow smoking on their property. So, you know those smokers, give them an inch and they'll take a mile. No smoking rooms exist at this hotel but they ignore that, and smoke in the stairwells, and the elevator and the laundry room. The stink of smoking is everywhere and spoils and otherwise very good experience. I just don't understand what this management is thinking and will be sending them a memo pointing out that they need to get rid of the smoking because it is gross to the rest of us...90%? I have to say the staff here could not have been nicer. Every single one of them was sweet and helpful and I really appreciated that.

Room Tip: If the smoker smell makes you feel sick, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CaliforniaNana
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear CaliforniaNana,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that your experience was negatively impacted by the presence of a smoke smell in our hotel. This is absolutely unacceptable to us and we are working to resolve this issue.

As a part of that commitment, I want you to know that we have reduced the number of smoking rooms in our building and have isolated them to a single floor/hallway away from all other rooms. Additionally, we have rid our hotel of any odor in all areas that are regularly accessible to guests.

I am sorry again for the discomfort this has caused. I would like to invite you to connect with me directly to discuss this matter further. It would be an honor to have you as our guest again as I can assure you the experience will be much improved!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Fairport, New York
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was very pleased with everything about this hotel...I have always stayed at a high name hotel but Smart suites was just as good if not better. Our room was clean, comfortable, and the bed was also very comfortable. The personnel were absolutely the friendliest and most helpful I have ever encountered in my travels!!! They were so willing to help you with directions...I-pads, whatever. The manager was a lovely lady and the Asst general manager James who we had the most contact with was the greatest. You can't beat the price for what you get. I am planning another trip to Burlington and certainly will stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor and was fine...no noise, no cigarette smoke and easy access.It was a...
Dear Sandywhe,

I really enjoyed talking to you and your husband while you we here! Thank you so much for making us a part of your trip through Vermont, it was a privilege. I hope all of your pictures turned out well and I look forward to having you both back to our hotel.

Acton-MA
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We planned a trip to the area for early October, forgetting that it was the start of leaf peeper season. Luckily, I found the Smart Suites had space, large room with kitchen facilities and a comfortable bed. Good buffet breakfast included. Just what we needed, and certainly worth the $140/night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from route 7. They share a driveway with the Holiday Inn, so it's easy to m...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank INQC
Dear INQC,

We are lucky to have you as our guest. Thanks you for taking the time to write such a great review on Trip Advisor. It means so much to us that you took the time to share your positive experience with other travelers.

I am glad to hear you found our rooms to be comfortable, spacious, and of good value. I think you hit the nail on the head in terms of the experience we work to create. You could certainly spend more money in Burlington on a hotel room but why?

Thanks again!

Grenchen, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Assistant General Manager James Davison gave me a welcome as for a friend coming back home. He was so helpful anyway, gave us tips where to go and much more. The Suite we are staying in is wonderful. Clean, comfortable beds, a nice living room. We are just happy.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Therese59,

You are too kind. It was a pleasure having you as our guests! Thank you so much for such kind words and an outstanding review. I hope that for your next trip to Burlington you plan to stay with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

With Gratitude,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is our preferred hotel when we come to Burlington. The rooms are spacious, the beds are very comfortable, and the staff are friendly. We have tried other hotels in the area, but this hotel is definitely our favorite!

Room Tip: We always stay on the first floor. Easy access to the parking lot (2 exits).
Dear susan k,

Thank you so much! We are happy to have you as our guest! It is a privilege to have earned your future business and we promise to always make the most of it. I am excited to tell you that we will begin renovation of our lobby space late November. It should be a nice surprise and something to look forward to on your next trip to Burlington.

Kingwood
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Very nice place to stay long term. I stayed here for 3 months as a contract nurse. The hotel is very clean, excellent housekeepers especially Helen.. she does the second floor. The staff are all pleasantly professional and provide positive feed back on area attractions. Eric works the from desk all different shifts.. he's very polite, energetic, and management material. The breakfast is loaded with a variety of choices; from eggs, meats, muffins, breads, cereals, fruit, etc as well as hot and cold beverages. The internet is fast.. not used to that.. lol. The grounds are very well maintained. There is a laundry facility and gym on site. One can't go wrong with staying here.. it's also easy access to all of the fun , interesting, and necessary actions to make your day/vacation worth while.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Temieko B,

It was wonderful having you as our guest! We are all sorry to see you go. Eric and Helen we both delighted to read you review and we appreciate your positive feedback regarding their service.

As an all suites hotel, we work very hard to ensure a comfortable stay for all of our extended stay guests. We know that traveling for business is difficult which is why we provide accommodations intended to feel like home.
We hope to have you as our guest again whether for business or leisure. Please do not hesitate to connect with me directly to plan your next trip into Burlington!

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My husband, dog and myself had the honor of staying in your hotel on our way to Windsor, Ontario and on our way back from Windsor. On our first night, we had driven nearly 9 hours and was looking for a hotel that was "pet friendly". They are few and far between, but a lady had given me the name and address of Smart Suites. So with our handy GPS, we found your place with no problems at all, and just by luck, you had a room for us. It was a smoking room, but my dog was allowed to spend the night as well. The room was way more than we ever expected. It was huge and had everything. The next morning, to our surprise, it was the biggest selection of breakfast that I have ever seen at a hotel. Well, we knew we were going back State side when we headed home from our visit to Windsor so, this time we booked ahead, got a non-smoking room and, again, the same kind of room. We were so very pleased with the cleanliness, the pleasant staff, THE ROOM, the breakfast, the parking, and most of all forallowing our dog to spend the night.
One more thing, my husband left some of his pills in the room. I called and left a message, but I think the hotel notified me at my home number in Canada before they received my message. When I arrived home in Canada, I called and they offered to ship them out immediately. The problem was dealt with.I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would give it TOP RATING.
Janet and Rick Golding
New Brunswick, Canada

Room Tip: Call ahead and book if you wish to have a non smoking room. If you travel with a pet, make sure you...
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#9 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!