“Very comfortable”

Smart Suites Burlington
Rhode Island
“Very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed here with my cousin and requested a room with double queens. That was what I got and more. The beds were very comfortable. The bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchenette were all immaculately clean. I thought I read that the room had 2 flat screen TV's (I could be wrong)...they weren't flat screens and that would be something to consider if it is important to you. It wasn't for us. One thing that I really loved was that I could open the windows. I don't like to be sealed into a room. I liked having the choice of opening the windows for fresh air. There was plenty of coffee and a coffee maker, in our room, available to us. Breakfast (included) is served in the lobby, but we decided to go out for breakfast instead because it is such a nice town to explore. I only have one criticism: The bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke. I reported it the next morning and was told it was probably coming from the vent below because there are some smoking rooms. He said he would look into it and I'm sure he did. We only spent 1 night but it was very comfortable and I would stay there again. The front desk people were very attentive and pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear RITripper,

Thank you so much for your excellent review! I am glad to hear you found our hotel to be comfortable and of good value. It means a lot to us when guests use Trip Advisor to share their positive experiences with future travelers.

In regards to the smell in your room I wanted to personally apologize for any discomfort it may have caused you. I know that you had reported this case to our Front Desk however, I would like the opportunity to discuss the event a little more with so that we may be able to prevent it from happening again. If you have a moment please feel free to connect with me directly.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

There's an old saying that you get what you pay for. In this case, I got more than what I paid for. At check in, the clerk was incredibly friendly and helpful with information about the area. The room was spacious and comfortable. The location was great. And, the breakfast provided was much better than average. And, the cost was more than reasonable. I've paid a lot more, and gotten a lot less for my dollar. Highly recommend this hotel.

Dear Phaidraigh,

Thank you so much! A perfect score never goes unnoticed - I can’t wait to share this review with our entire staff. We all work very hard to create the best value possible for our guests. You can certainly spend more money on a hotel room in Burlington but why? We guarantee our guests a clean, comfortable room accompanied by the best service possible.

We are honored to receive your recommendation and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed for two nights and chose the studio, a surprisingly spacious and comfortable accommodation. The lady checking us in was super friendly and helpful. In fact, she offered us freshly baked chocolate chip cookies after we completed the check-in. Baked goodies are available in the lobby every afternoon, around 4 pm, a lovely touch. The lobby was filled with pots of colourful autumn mums, another pleasant introduction to the hotel.. Our studio had a very comfortable bed, a brightly lit sink area, a sofa (which opens to a bed), and a full kitchen. The only complaint I have is with the general lighting, especially if you want to read at night. We also experienced a loud, beeping smoke detector in the middle of the night. This was fixed almost immediately, but our sleep was ruined. The management resolved this issue to our satisfaction.
The breakfast buffet is reasonably good, the location of Smart Suites is excellent and the value for the dollar is very good. We will certainly return!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mangermanger
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear mangermanger,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We appreciate you kind words and stellar score. I can’t wait to show Bridget (who checked you in) and Gary (who decorated the lobby) the great thing you had to say about what they do.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future! Please feel free to connect with me directly to help plan your next trip.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed three nights on a self drive tour of New England. The properties in Burlington were expensive for what they were but for the price this was an ideal location at a reasonable price. The staff made a great effort to make you welcome and greeted you whenever you came in and out the building. The room was clean modern with plenty of place and a giant bed. We had a quiet and comfortable stay. A fully equipped kitchen area was also available. you are just up the road from the Shelburne Museum and 10 minutes from the centre of Burlington. There is a good restaurant 'The Lake View ' a few yards from the entrance and plenty of restaurants in Burlington. The suites are located with several others just off the main road, with plenty of parking. A good breakfast was included in the price. Would thoroughly recommend the suites for anyone passing through, very good value.

Dear eonaLondon,

What a great review! We appreciate your kind words and insight regarding our hotel and the surrounding area. We know that our guests choose to stay with us because of our great location and value but we hope you choose to return because of your experience.

It really means a lot to us that you took the time to give us near perfect marks on Trip Advisor. I look forward to welcoming you back to hotel in the future!

Sarnia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel during a trip to the east coast. For $70, we got a two room suite with a king bed. The staff was helpful, the breakfast was good and the location was fine. I would recommend this hotel.

Dear susablee2011,

Thank you so much for your recommendation! It is an honor to receive it. We are especially grateful to you for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you found the room to be of good value (dare we say the best value in Burlington?).

Although our rooms are not always as low as $70 per night, we are committed to always keeping our rates as low as possible and will never “gouge” like so many other hotel do.
Thanks again for your business and review. We can’t wait to meet you again the next time you are in town.

Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

The minute you enter the door you are greeted by the nicest receptionists. The people at the front desk are the first people you come in contact with and they set the mood of your stay. I have to say they are well trained and very courteous. Can't say enough good about them.
The rooms are VERY clean and spacious. The mattresses and pillows were exceptionally comfortable. I actually looked forward to going to bed because I knew the comfort I was about to receive.
The kitchens are very nice for people that need a kitchen. We did not use it because we went to a couple of nice restaurants in Burlington. We did use the refrigerator. That came in handy for all the cheeses that we bought at the cheese farms.
Our room was extremely quiet-I felt like there was no one else in the hotel.
There is nothing negative I can say about this hotel. I highly recommend it to anyone.
Ed from Boston

Dear Edward V,

Thank you for choosing to stay with here at the Smart Suites! I can’t begin to tell you how much it means to us that you took the time to write such a great review of our hotel. I am glad to hear you found our staff to be well trained and very courteous. We would also like to add “good looking” and “extremely funny” to the list.

I also look forward to sharing your kind words with our housekeeping team who works very hard to ensure our rooms are very clean. Offering clean, comfortable rooms accompanied by great service is our commitment to each of our guests. It is a privilege to have your business and we hope you decide to stay with us again in the future.

With Gratitude,

California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

This would be a great place to stay but they still allow smoking on their property. So, you know those smokers, give them an inch and they'll take a mile. No smoking rooms exist at this hotel but they ignore that, and smoke in the stairwells, and the elevator and the laundry room. The stink of smoking is everywhere and spoils and otherwise very good experience. I just don't understand what this management is thinking and will be sending them a memo pointing out that they need to get rid of the smoking because it is gross to the rest of us...90%? I have to say the staff here could not have been nicer. Every single one of them was sweet and helpful and I really appreciated that.

Room Tip: If the smoker smell makes you feel sick, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CaliforniaNana
Dear CaliforniaNana,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that your experience was negatively impacted by the presence of a smoke smell in our hotel. This is absolutely unacceptable to us and we are working to resolve this issue.

As a part of that commitment, I want you to know that we have reduced the number of smoking rooms in our building and have isolated them to a single floor/hallway away from all other rooms. Additionally, we have rid our hotel of any odor in all areas that are regularly accessible to guests.

I am sorry again for the discomfort this has caused. I would like to invite you to connect with me directly to discuss this matter further. It would be an honor to have you as our guest again as I can assure you the experience will be much improved!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 11 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,259 reviews
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 11 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 11 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#6 of 11 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 11 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!