“True testament is a repeat guest” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smart Suites Burlington

Smart Suites Burlington
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in South Burlington
Angelica, New York
“True testament is a repeat guest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have enjoyed staying at smartSuites in the past and I was not disappointed this time. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and the atmosphere conducive to relaxing. This trip I am traveling with my elderly mother. Most importantly, the staff, including the manager were helpful, kind and interested. James thought of things to assist my Mom that I wouldn't have. SmartSuites is the only place to stay in Burlington for quality, value and kindness.

Room Tip: I've stayed in rooms on the second floor and the first. There isn't a bad room. All are qu...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Tammy,

It is always a pleasure having you as our guest! It was great meeting your mother and I wish her good health as she recovers. I can’t wait to share your review with our staff as positive feedback is our greatest reward in customer service.

I know I speak on behalf of everyone here at the Smart Suites when I say we look forward to your next stay! As always, please connect with me directly and I will see to your accommodations personally.

All the Best,

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed this past weekend to attend the UVM open house. The room exceeded our expectations, it was very clean, great coffee and the full kitchen was very nice. Also the included breakfast was amazing. We were only a short drive from the college and so many good restaurants were nearby, it was great!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear heather_may22,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel here on Trip Advisor! I can’t wait to share your kind words with our staff. We all work very hard to ensure the satisfaction of each and every one of our guests and I can’t tell you how much it means to us to hear positive feedback in return.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Burlington area soon!

Las Vegas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night last week. The room was quite large and very clean. The decor though, is a bit dated, and the tv needs updating to a flat screen. The mattress was comfortable, however, the pillows could be improved. The room also lacks a safe. The breakfast buffet was ok, with the standard items one finds at most hotels. The desk staff were very helpful and enthusiastic. Overall, this hotel could get 4 stars with some updating. I still give it a thumbs up for the value and cleanliness.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank c1902c
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear c1902c,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear your stay was anything less than “5 Stars” and hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again. In regards to the safe I would like you to know that we have secure lockboxes at the front desk under video surveillance. These lock boxes are free of charge and available 24 hours a day.

I agree that we are due for certain upgrades. Renovations of our lobby area will begin next month! We are in the process of purchasing all new TV as well and currently stand with about 30% of the hotel complete.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to meeting you again in the future.

Catalonia, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

The pre-arrival and check in staff were all excellent but we were disappointed in the dark 'basement' feel to our quite large suite.
The floor in the corridor and in our room appeared to have not been vacuumed for weeks.The breakfast was good and the location fine as Burlington is quite compact.
Washer dryers were good.

Room Tip: Don't take a ground or first floor room, they are very dark at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Durham2020,

I am very disappointed to find that your most recent stay was not satisfactory. We all work very hard to ensure the satisfaction of all of our guests which is why I am reaching out to you today. If you are available, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss these matters with you in more detail so that we may be able to improve our operation for future guests.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I look forward to your call.

Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed here with my cousin and requested a room with double queens. That was what I got and more. The beds were very comfortable. The bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchenette were all immaculately clean. I thought I read that the room had 2 flat screen TV's (I could be wrong)...they weren't flat screens and that would be something to consider if it is important to you. It wasn't for us. One thing that I really loved was that I could open the windows. I don't like to be sealed into a room. I liked having the choice of opening the windows for fresh air. There was plenty of coffee and a coffee maker, in our room, available to us. Breakfast (included) is served in the lobby, but we decided to go out for breakfast instead because it is such a nice town to explore. I only have one criticism: The bathroom smelled of cigarette smoke. I reported it the next morning and was told it was probably coming from the vent below because there are some smoking rooms. He said he would look into it and I'm sure he did. We only spent 1 night but it was very comfortable and I would stay there again. The front desk people were very attentive and pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear RITripper,

Thank you so much for your excellent review! I am glad to hear you found our hotel to be comfortable and of good value. It means a lot to us when guests use Trip Advisor to share their positive experiences with future travelers.

In regards to the smell in your room I wanted to personally apologize for any discomfort it may have caused you. I know that you had reported this case to our Front Desk however, I would like the opportunity to discuss the event a little more with so that we may be able to prevent it from happening again. If you have a moment please feel free to connect with me directly.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

There's an old saying that you get what you pay for. In this case, I got more than what I paid for. At check in, the clerk was incredibly friendly and helpful with information about the area. The room was spacious and comfortable. The location was great. And, the breakfast provided was much better than average. And, the cost was more than reasonable. I've paid a lot more, and gotten a lot less for my dollar. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Phaidraigh,

Thank you so much! A perfect score never goes unnoticed - I can’t wait to share this review with our entire staff. We all work very hard to create the best value possible for our guests. You can certainly spend more money on a hotel room in Burlington but why? We guarantee our guests a clean, comfortable room accompanied by the best service possible.

We are honored to receive your recommendation and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed for two nights and chose the studio, a surprisingly spacious and comfortable accommodation. The lady checking us in was super friendly and helpful. In fact, she offered us freshly baked chocolate chip cookies after we completed the check-in. Baked goodies are available in the lobby every afternoon, around 4 pm, a lovely touch. The lobby was filled with pots of colourful autumn mums, another pleasant introduction to the hotel.. Our studio had a very comfortable bed, a brightly lit sink area, a sofa (which opens to a bed), and a full kitchen. The only complaint I have is with the general lighting, especially if you want to read at night. We also experienced a loud, beeping smoke detector in the middle of the night. This was fixed almost immediately, but our sleep was ruined. The management resolved this issue to our satisfaction.
The breakfast buffet is reasonably good, the location of Smart Suites is excellent and the value for the dollar is very good. We will certainly return!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mangermanger
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear mangermanger,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We appreciate you kind words and stellar score. I can’t wait to show Bridget (who checked you in) and Gary (who decorated the lobby) the great thing you had to say about what they do.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future! Please feel free to connect with me directly to help plan your next trip.

All the Best,

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 13 in South Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 13 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,233 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 13 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 9 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 13 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 13 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!