“Ok for the price”

Smart Suites Burlington
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Hotel is just ok. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. However, the bed and pillows are very uncomfortable. Neither my husband nor myself slept well. The mattresses need to be changed. There is also an intense smell in the corridor as you walk to the room. Breakfast is decent but nothing special. We thought we would stay somewhere less expensive on this trip but would rather pay a little more for better accommodations.

Room Tip: Some rooms are very noisy from outside traffick noise.
1  Thank helenmat2
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear helenmat2,

I am sorry to hear your most recent stay at Smart Suites did not exceed your expectations. We strive to be the best value in the Burlington by offering all the amenities travelers have come to expect while keeping our rates reasonable. Additionally, we back each stay up with some of the best service in the area.

I would love the opportunity to discuss the issues you reported in more detail. If you have an opportunity, please connect with me directly using the contact information below. We want to ensure your next stay is nothing short of a perfect score. I understand there are certainly more expensive hotels yet, we hope to offer a stay that is just as comfortable.

In Gratitude,

(802) 846-1904
jdavison@innvermont.com

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed here four nights while visiting family in Burlington. Very comfortable, and very friendly and helpful staff. Good complimentary breakfast. We will definitely stay here again on longer visits in future, especially with the well-equipped little kitchen in each suite. It would not be a great place to stay if you are visiting without a car, though there is a city bus to downtown Burlington every 30 minutes all day. Our room was a bit warmer than we would have liked, but the manager assures me this glitch has been fixed.

1  Thank RichardGayle
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear RichardGayle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear your enjoyed your stay, the service, and the room! I will let Ben and Loraine know that you also enjoyed the breakfast they prepared.

Next time you are in the Burlington area, we hope you will choose to stay with a us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Smart Suites.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

This hotel is great if you are on a lower budget. I personally enjoyed the hotel, even though the décor was a little dated the price and the value made up for it. When we first walked into the hotel we were greeted by a very nice front staff lady. Our room was a double room suite and it has was very spacious. The first night we got there my Aunt brought dinner to the room and heated it up in the full kitchen and it was large enough for us to move around. The beds were very comfortable. The full breakfast was delicious also. My only complaint was the elevators had some smell of cigarette smoke. Overall 4/5.

Room Tip: Get a suite they are great!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Matt M,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel! Next time you stay, we hope to earn a perfect score!

In this, we are gradually updating our decor around the building. I am happy to say a full scale renovation to our lobby was completed just this month and more upgrades are scheduled throughout 2014.

Although we do still offer smoking rooms on a lower level, they do not normally bother the elevator or any public spaces. I will see to this phenomenon personally to ensure it does not happen again.

Thank you again; we are honored to have your review, recommendation, and business. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for an even better stay!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Here's a list of bad things about Smart Suites Burlington:
- Room smells like you're in an ashtray even though they told us they were going to neutralize the odour. We even bought Febreeze to neutralize it ourselves. Good thing we only stayed there 1 night!!! The air freshener used in corridor to cover the cigarette odour is overwhelming.
- Weird people wandering in corridors. Looks more like a student dorm.
- Dogs allowed so you can hear them barking every time someones open or shut a door.
- Even though they upgraded us with a room with a jacuzzi tub, I would never in a million year take a bath in that jacuzzi.
When we ask to change room to a non-smoking room, apparently it was all booked... We have our doubts about it, there's so many room in the hotel!!!

Not going back to this hotel ever!!!! Worst room I ever got in my life!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YCsince1972

Dear YCsince1972,

I am so sorry to hear your experience here at the Smart Suites did not meet and exceed your expectations. We are committed to ensuring that every guest who chooses to stay with us leaves feeling they got more than they paid for. We pride ourselves in exceptional guest service and outstanding value.

With this in mind, we let you down. I understand that your stay was booked in a smoking room and I regret not having a non smoking room available to move you to. I would like to make this up to you the best we can and hopefully have another opportunity to earn your business. I encourage you to contact me directly to discuss this experience in more detail.

P: 802-846-1904
jdavison@innvermont.com

Reviewed 3 February 2014

What a great place to stay. A very friendly welcome begins the stay. The room was spacious and the conveniences were excellent ( microwave, etc.)
The breakfast was also excellent with a wide variety ( especially the little danishes with nuts on top -- mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!)

Room Tip: We were located in the main building. The is another building but I don't know if the rooms, et...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Leonard A,

Those pastries are my favorite as well! I am fortunate to be saved a few each day they are prepared. Let me know next time you plan to visit and I will (gladly) make sure they are a part of our offering.

Thanks for taking the time to give us such a spectacular review here on Trip Advisor! I look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Wanted to issue a warning that you need to be watchful of false credit card charges. Twice, Smartsuites added credit card charges even though I hadn't stayed there. The second time the charge was over $1100. I called to complain and was told this had happened with several other people. I think, given that they already knew of this problem, they should have scrutinized all their billing activity for erroneous charges, and reached out to me proactively. Moreover, after I called the hotel to complain, the first manager I spoke with knew nothing of this problem. I had to call back a second time and speak to someone else. Correcting this has been a big hassle, and the hotel staff wasn't particularly apologetic. So, it's a nice hotel, but watch your credit card charges afterward.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen-On-The-Beach
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Ellen-On-The-Beach

I want to extend my sincerest apologies for this unfortunate error on our part. This was both a system error and administrative mistake that we take full responsibility for. I understand your frustration and want to assure you that the circumstances that allowed this to occur have been addressed decisively. As we discussed over the phone, this erroneous charge was reversed immediately.

We know how important accurate billing is to our guests! In response to this case, we have reprogrammed our billing system and our Front Office Team is diligently monitoring all transactions. I personally guarantee the accuracy of all future billing for you and each of our guests!

If you have any questions or if I can assist you with this case further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We have stayed here many times-negligence on my part not to write a review. Smart suites offer large clean rooms at very reasonable rates. Staff very friendly. Location is excellent-5 minutes from either downtown or waterfront-also 3 minutes from interstate. My apology for not writing prior reviews-been here twice a year for 5 or 6 years.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear mpm0024,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your continuous business and hope to make your next stay even better. We know that many people choose to stay with us because of our great rates and excellent location but hope you choose to return because of your experience.

If there is anything we can do to earn a perfect score on your next trip to Burlington, please let me know! We are dedicated to service excellence and look forward to your suggestions.

In Gratitude,

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Hotel Burlington & Conference Center
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!