“Don't like smoke? Don't stay here!”

Smart Suites Burlington
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
“Don't like smoke? Don't stay here!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Got a non-smoking room that had smoke vented into it every time I turned on the bathroom light. I kept the bathroom door closed but it didn't help. Smoked leaked in through the hall as well. They try to cover it with a heavy spray in the hall. By morning my clothes and hair stunk as well as the clothes in my bag and the bag itself. I went to an offsite laundry facility and washed everything.

They previously placed plastic over the bathroom vent so they knew it was a problem but still advertise as nonsmoking. I talked to the front desk that morning and they said that all the air gets vented from the basement to the top of the building, everything sharing the same venting system. They were very nice but couldn't do anything to fix it. I was supposed to be there two nights but I checked out after one and slept at the airport instead.

The kitchen had two spoons, no bowls, lots of old food crumbs under the sink by the garbage, and rough bathroom towels. They advertise a 'workout facility' which is in the basement, no windows or fans, dating from the mid-90's.

Spend the extra money and stay at a different hotel. The lower price isn't worth it.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mickinzy W
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Mickinzy W,

I am very disappointed to find that your most recent stay was not satisfactory. We work very hard to ensure the satisfaction of our guests which is why I am reaching out to you today. If you are available, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you in more detail so that we may be able to improve our operations for future guests.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I look forward to your call.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Claremont, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was recently an extended stay guest at this hotel and would highly recommend it to others. The staff was very friendly and dedicated to providing guests with the best customer service available. I was a guest here for three months and the front desk staff always smiled warmly and greeted me by name in all interactions. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The daily breakfast provided offered something for everyone and was always well stocked. It was truly a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Misty,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor. I speak on behalf of our entire staff when I say it was a pleasure having you here and we hate to see you go! We know living in a hotel can be difficult which is why we do our best to make our guest as comfortable as possible. While I am sure you are happy to be home, you are missed here at Smart Suites.

If your travels ever bring you back to our area we hope you’ll stop in to stay and catch up.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great, Great place to stay. Very clean hotel with happy employees and great reception at the desk. For sure I will return. I go to Burlington four times a year and this is the place I will want to stay because it is so convenient with all the attractions in this area. Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Every room is good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Patricia N,

Thank you for taking the time to review Smart Suites here on Trip Advisor. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our staff! It is always great to read about the positive experiences of our guests and we work hard to ensure each stay is even better than your last.

Thank you again. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Perfect place for a family. We stayed here for 7 nights during our relocation. Having a kitchenette was a money and lifesaver. We were able to eat all meals here quite comfortably. The provided breakfast was decent, not a lot of variety, but enough to keep everyone content. Kids slept fine on pull out and bed was very comfortable. Also, very quiet. Would have never known there were animals here if I hadn't seen them. Finally, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Gave us some great ideas about local activities. Would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Darajphx,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review here on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and honor to receive your recommendation.

We hope to serve you again someday in the future. Please let me know if you have lodging needs in the Burlington area again.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Everything was excellent, we were very happy, very VERY clean hotel and special thanks to wonderful receptionist Brigitte for everything.
I already recommend your hotel to friends, for sure we will return and we will bring more people !

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Gagik A,

A perfect score never goes unnoticed. Thank you so much! I can’t wait to share your kind words with our staff and am honored to receive your recommendation.

Next time you plan a trip to Burlington, please feel free to connect with me directly. I look forward to inviting you back to our hotel!

In Gratitude,

Montreal, QC
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Hotel is just ok. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. However, the bed and pillows are very uncomfortable. Neither my husband nor myself slept well. The mattresses need to be changed. There is also an intense smell in the corridor as you walk to the room. Breakfast is decent but nothing special. We thought we would stay somewhere less expensive on this trip but would rather pay a little more for better accommodations.

Room Tip: Some rooms are very noisy from outside traffick noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank helenmat2
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear helenmat2,

I am sorry to hear your most recent stay at Smart Suites did not exceed your expectations. We strive to be the best value in the Burlington by offering all the amenities travelers have come to expect while keeping our rates reasonable. Additionally, we back each stay up with some of the best service in the area.

I would love the opportunity to discuss the issues you reported in more detail. If you have an opportunity, please connect with me directly using the contact information below. We want to ensure your next stay is nothing short of a perfect score. I understand there are certainly more expensive hotels yet, we hope to offer a stay that is just as comfortable.

In Gratitude,

(802) 846-1904
jdavison@innvermont.com
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed here four nights while visiting family in Burlington. Very comfortable, and very friendly and helpful staff. Good complimentary breakfast. We will definitely stay here again on longer visits in future, especially with the well-equipped little kitchen in each suite. It would not be a great place to stay if you are visiting without a car, though there is a city bus to downtown Burlington every 30 minutes all day. Our room was a bit warmer than we would have liked, but the manager assures me this glitch has been fixed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RichardGayle
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear RichardGayle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear your enjoyed your stay, the service, and the room! I will let Ben and Loraine know that you also enjoyed the breakfast they prepared.

Next time you are in the Burlington area, we hope you will choose to stay with a us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Smart Suites.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Quality Inn Shelburne
Quality Inn Shelburne
#1 of 4 in Shelburne
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!