“A Fantastic Value -”

Smart Suites Burlington
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times. Great place and excellent value. Had a one bedroom suite (4 people slept and lounged comfortably) with a kitchen. Very reasonable pricing...the staff is very helpful, warm, and accommodating.

I highly recommend and will stay there again! Give it a try.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear LeonaMass,

I am so happy to hear you have enjoyed you past stays here at Smart Suites! Guest satisfaction is everything to us and we really appreciate when guests share their positive experiences here on Trip Advisor. I am also pleased that we earned a 5/5 this time which is an improvement over your previous review of 4/5! We will always remain committed to improving our value and service.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

My sisters and I stayed at the Smart Suites in early May 2014 and had a fine visit. The staff was great, from the front desk to the maintenance person (we had a bit of an issue with excessive heat at first) to the lady in charge of the breakfast room. Speaking of which, the breakfast was better than average and there was coffee available at all times. The beds were very comfortable. We were at the front, on the highway side, in a great big room and it wasn't noisy. There were no smoke or odor issues at all. I asked for a room on the top floor away from the elevators and that is exactly what I got. The wireless internet service was fine. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scobeaux
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Scobeaux,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Smart Suites! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to your next stay.

We pride ourselves in the size and comfort of our suites and glad you found them to be of good value. Also, we are always seeking to improve the quality of our Deluxe Continental Breakfast which means you’ll see some new items each time you visit. I am glad you liked our current arrangement.

Thank you again! Please feel free to connect with me directly to plan your next stay.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the smart suites on April 14th and May 7th, we had the best room
in the whole hotel, I think, for the regular price. The people at the desk are very friendly and
courteous. They always ask if we need anything at all. Since last November, we have stayed
here 4 times. We have found a place that we can call home away from home. We plan to go
for a weekend in the near future.

Room Tip: Third floor is great, no one walking over your head, it's real quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 25KenBl,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review our hotel here on Trip Advisor! I can’t wait to share your kind words with our staff. We all work very hard to ensure the satisfaction of each and every one of our guests and I can’t tell you how much it means to us to hear positive feedback in return.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Burlington area soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Got a non-smoking room that had smoke vented into it every time I turned on the bathroom light. I kept the bathroom door closed but it didn't help. Smoked leaked in through the hall as well. They try to cover it with a heavy spray in the hall. By morning my clothes and hair stunk as well as the clothes in my bag and the bag itself. I went to an offsite laundry facility and washed everything.

They previously placed plastic over the bathroom vent so they knew it was a problem but still advertise as nonsmoking. I talked to the front desk that morning and they said that all the air gets vented from the basement to the top of the building, everything sharing the same venting system. They were very nice but couldn't do anything to fix it. I was supposed to be there two nights but I checked out after one and slept at the airport instead.

The kitchen had two spoons, no bowls, lots of old food crumbs under the sink by the garbage, and rough bathroom towels. They advertise a 'workout facility' which is in the basement, no windows or fans, dating from the mid-90's.

Spend the extra money and stay at a different hotel. The lower price isn't worth it.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mickinzy W

Dear Mickinzy W,

I am very disappointed to find that your most recent stay was not satisfactory. We work very hard to ensure the satisfaction of our guests which is why I am reaching out to you today. If you are available, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you in more detail so that we may be able to improve our operations for future guests.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I look forward to your call.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I was recently an extended stay guest at this hotel and would highly recommend it to others. The staff was very friendly and dedicated to providing guests with the best customer service available. I was a guest here for three months and the front desk staff always smiled warmly and greeted me by name in all interactions. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The daily breakfast provided offered something for everyone and was always well stocked. It was truly a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Misty,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor. I speak on behalf of our entire staff when I say it was a pleasure having you here and we hate to see you go! We know living in a hotel can be difficult which is why we do our best to make our guest as comfortable as possible. While I am sure you are happy to be home, you are missed here at Smart Suites.

If your travels ever bring you back to our area we hope you’ll stop in to stay and catch up.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great, Great place to stay. Very clean hotel with happy employees and great reception at the desk. For sure I will return. I go to Burlington four times a year and this is the place I will want to stay because it is so convenient with all the attractions in this area. Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Every room is good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Patricia N,

Thank you for taking the time to review Smart Suites here on Trip Advisor. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our staff! It is always great to read about the positive experiences of our guests and we work hard to ensure each stay is even better than your last.

Thank you again. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Perfect place for a family. We stayed here for 7 nights during our relocation. Having a kitchenette was a money and lifesaver. We were able to eat all meals here quite comfortably. The provided breakfast was decent, not a lot of variety, but enough to keep everyone content. Kids slept fine on pull out and bed was very comfortable. Also, very quiet. Would have never known there were animals here if I hadn't seen them. Finally, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Gave us some great ideas about local activities. Would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Darajphx,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review here on Trip Advisor! I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and honor to receive your recommendation.

We hope to serve you again someday in the future. Please let me know if you have lodging needs in the Burlington area again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Burlington Vermont
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
Trader Duke's Hotel
Trader Duke's Hotel
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!