“Smoking room” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in South Burlington
Toronto, Canada
“Smoking room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a smoking room because that's all they had and as non-smokers it was pretty smelly. Not their fault - just pointing it out. Was a nice place. Everything was clean. Was big enough for our one night stay. Was great having a fridge & microwave since my kids are non-stop eating machines.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear SeaofCyn,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel here on Trip Advisor. Currently, we are 100% Non-Smoking however, some of rooms were formally smoking rooms. I am excited to say we are soon undergoing a renovation of our former smoking rooms which should bring about an entirely new Smart Suites experience!
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and having you in an all new suite. For your next stay, we intend to earn a perfect score.
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I wanted to share with all how appreciative my wife and I are of the staff at this Smart Suites location. I've traveled a lot, have been to numerous hotels in ~12 countries and am wise enough to know that service is job #1. Last week we had a car accident in this hotel's parking lot. The person who rammed our car was at fault on top of having a suspended license (multiple times), issues with drugs, previous arrests, etc... He fled the scene and the police arrested and locked him up later that evening. Throughout the entire ordeal, the Assistant General Manager James Davison and one of the desk staff stayed with us. They literally stood by our side for an hour outside, contacted the police, provided support and then let us use his office inside while we tried to get things sorted. We knew nothing of this city as we had just arrived 1/2 an hr earlier for the first time. I also was sidelined a bit with a painful, previously busted toe. His hotel was fully booked. Thankfully James found us a nearby hotel and arranged for a shuttle to send us there since this other hotel had no transportation avail. and my car was wrecked. They even allowed me to leave my smashed, disabled car in their parking lot that evening, since it was quite late and we were in no condition to wait on towing. We were and still are very impressed and thankful. Hotels are largely judged by their customer service. I can tell you that the staff was sincere, generous with their time and genuinely did their best to serve us in spite of us not being their guests. I heartily recommend this Smart Suites in South Burlington. As an aside, from what I saw the hotel did appear exceptionally clean, professionally run and the guests seemed happy. Sorry that I can't give a traditional review since we were not guests; however I will certainly stay with them when I am in town again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear happycampershere,
Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience here at Smart Suites. I understand that there is nothing easy or comfortable about being in an auto accident. I am happy we were able to make things a little more comfortable as you went through the process of resolving the situation.
Additionally, I can’t wait to have you as our guest in the future. Please connect with me directly to make your reservation!
Concord, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights while attending the Vermont Cheese Festival. Very good location without getting into Burlington proper. Being a suite, it was roomy and also had a full size refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave. Staff was very friendly and willing to help. Continental breakfast in the lobby, which I didn't use as I like to make coffee in the room and just relax. Close to antique shops, restaurants and Shelburne Museum.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear jsverrillfarm,

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel! It was a pleasure having you this past weekend. I enjoyed talking to you and learning about the Vermont Cheese Festival especially because it took place on the same weekend as the very popular Vermont Brewers Festival. I think that we can all agree that asking Vermonters to choose between craft beer and handmade cheese on the same weekend is outrageously unfair!

I glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Smart Suites. I hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future and earn a perfect score next time. I also want to invite you to connect with me personally to discover how we can improve your next experience.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the smart suites at the beginning of July. The entire staff was so incredibly friendly and welcoming. A special mention to Bridget and James, front desk staff, who were so friendly and helpful during our entire stay. We were traveling with our two pugs and they could not have made us feel more welcome. Every time we saw them they had a smile on there faces. What an asset to your company smart suites. Also, our housekeeper Helen did an amazing job with our room, it was impeccably clean and her sunny disposition was such a pleasure. It was a wonderful experience and I can see why my Mother loves staying there so much. Thank you J&J

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Couchpugs,

It was a pleasure having you as our guests! It was great meeting you after hearing such wonderful things from Carolyn. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our hotel here on Trip Advisor. Positive feedback such as this really makes a difference and we appreciate your contribution.

I look forward to welcoming you back to hotel to stay again. Please do not hesitate to connect with me directly to arrange your next stay.

The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here for a 5 day 50th class reunion. The staff was consistently so cheerful and helpful. It was clean and centrally located for our needs. The breakfast was well done. We would certainly day again.

Room Tip: no pool-had to go to lodging next door
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ssuites, Manager at Smart Suites Burlington, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Thomas D,
It was great having you as our guest! Thank you for choosing to stay with us during you class reunion and thank you for sharing a positive review here on Trip Advisor. I look forward to having you back for your 60th class reunion!
Acton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at the Smart Suites for 5 weeks, starting when my spouse received a kidney transplant at Fletcher Allen Hospital. You might think that staying at a hotel, even a suites hotel for that long would be tedious, but it became our home.

I chose the one-bedroom apartment rather than the studio and it was the right decision for such a long stay. The bathroom has the sink separate from the tub/toilet area, which was helpful. The bedroom is large with its own TV. The living room is large with couch, chair, coffee table, TV and desk. The compact kitchen area is visually separated from the above by the small dining table. The kitchen of the 1BR apartment has a full stove with small oven, full refrigerator, dishwasher, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, sink and pots, pans, dishes, and utensils. The only thing that would have improved our stay was if there were exhaust fans in the bathrooms. This is not the only hotel with this shortcoming, but it really is a poor design.

Cooperation of the manager and the people working at the Smart Suites was way beyond any expectations we might have had and this extended from the front desk, through the maintenance, kitchen and housekeeping staff. Here are just a few examples. The day that my spouse was discharged from the hospital, he was able to walk but was weak. The hotel had a wheel chair to help him get to the room. He needed a safety bar in the shower – the maintenance man brought one to our room and attached it to the tub. A friend sent us a jigsaw puzzle to entertain us, but it was too big for the coffee table – the maintenance guy found and delivered a larger table. The kitchen staff graciously helped us deal with special food needs that we had immediately after the transplant.

The breakfast buffet was quite good, as were the afternoon snacks. The laundry facility was adequate. The gym facility was quite modest, but they have a deal with the neighboring hotel that allows use of their gym and pool.

Part of what made it feel like home was that the entire crew was genuinely interested in how my spouse’s health was doing and they were quite flexible regarding how long we would be staying. When we finally left, though happy to be heading home, we felt a bit sad to be leaving our new friends.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to traffic noise, ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy K
Dear Judy K,
What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience here on Trip Advisor. As an independent hotel, we depend on the recommendations of previous guests and it is an honor to receive yours. I can’t wait to share this review with our entire staff and I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future!
In Gratitude,
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed here for 10 days. My daughter was in the hospital. The staff was so accomadating and friendly.They went beyond their duty to make my stay comfortable. The room was great and the breakfasts and snacks in the afternoon were wonderful. I want to personally thank Michelle and James for being so nice to me.
It was the best hotel I have been in a very long time. The price was also affordable compared to a lot of others in the area. The room was fully equipped with dishes microwave stove full size refrigerator.
Best of the Best

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Barbara P
Dear Barbara P,
It was an honor having you as our guest. Although we wish the circumstances of your stay could have been better, I am glad to hear your were comfortable and well taken care of. I know I speak for everyone here on staff when I say we truly enjoyed having you here and look forward to welcoming you back to Smart Suites.
Let me know the next time you travel to Burlington and I will see to your accommodations personally.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 13 in South Burlington
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Windjammer Inn...
#3 of 13 in South Burlington
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,236 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 13 in South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 9 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 13 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 13 in South Burlington

Been to Smart Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!