“Disappointing on all key areas”
Review of Pauline's

Pauline's
Reserve with OpenTable
Pauline's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Allen Road
Transit: The restaurant is serviced by the local public bus line which stops at the intersection of Allen and Shelburne Roads.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had nice drinks and that is where the fun ended. The soup was butternut apple and a swirl if sour cream would be the norm, but none served. My beet orange salad had no special flavour at all. The beets were plain boiled beets. They were crying out for some cloves and cinnamon but they were just plain. Adding a golden beet with even less flavour than a red beet did not make that fresh salad sing. The veg and orange sat on the plate with fresh goat cheese and that was that. I ordered the main of white bean and spinach cake. It sat beautifully presented on a tomato ragout. Again, no flavour to highlight the fresh ingredients. A smidge of nutmeg, or curry, or cumin or fennel would have been a welcome addition. I had a nice sample of my mother's crab cakes. Lots of crab, but no ingredient to make the fresh flavour pop. Lime juice and coriander would be my suggestion.
Our server worked alone on the second floor. We were seated at 7 pm, and did not get our main until after 8:30 pm. Not sure why this was so. We were offered fresh pepper at this point, but it should have been seasoned properly in the kitchen. If the server had come back to check on us, I would have taken the pepper to get some flavour from my bland white bean cake. It was too hot upstairs and my Bob left without eating, feeling ill and over heated. This did not speed up service at all.
The ingredients were fresh and local and I can see they care about these important aspects, as well as being a great corporate citizen. My guess is they were under staffed for the busy night, or the chef had a cold and could not taste properly.

1  Thank AtlCanTraveller
There are newer reviews for Pauline's

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed in yesterday for dinner to celebrate our 40 weddingday. Very friendly Service. And the Food was French haute cuisine. My husband loved his filet with pepper crust, I had the Vegetarien. All fresh made and so nicely prepared on the dish. Finally i just did have to try the Maple Greme Brulee. The best I ever had in my live.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Because there were five of us, we were taken upstairs which I loved because it gave us a view of Lake Champlain. Loved the variety of main dishes offered. Steak was wonderful. Service was great!

1  Thank arlitexas
Reviewed 28 September 2013

service was a little slow, tables were very close together and were small for a party of 4. Prices were on the high side but 3 of the 4 of us enjoyed our meal. the 4th didn't and they removed it from the bill.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Ample portions of fresh, well-prepared food; friendly, efficient service and decent prices. Try the salmon on a bed of lentils -- yum!