“Best place to stay in South Burlington, VT”

Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in South Burlington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chittenden, United States
“Best place to stay in South Burlington, VT”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I highly recommend this place. The staff go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant. The hotel appearance are very impressive. Get place!! This is the only place I stay when I'm in town. The restaurant and pub right next door. Food is awesome. Staff is friendly!! I eat there everytime I stay or visit for the day. This place ROCKS!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KWisehart, General Manager at Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and so happy we are your place to stay when you come to Burlington. We look forward to your next visit!

Karen Wisehart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Malden, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I know, it's a Best Western and I wasn't expecting the Four Seasons, but I just had a very poor experience here overall. As my title states, this is a hotel on the cheaper end of the spectrum and it shows in the property. The hallways look cheap and outdated. Ceilings are VERY low.

My biggest gripe had to do with my room. I was given a first floor room (1 King Size Bed) at the end of the hall directly adjacent to one of the entrances. According to the front desk, this was the only room available for me. The room was tiny, and being a first floor room, I heard the people in the room upstairs quite clearly. I knew it was going to be a long night. Luckily, the people upstairs went to bed at a reasonable time, but the entrance doors right next to my room proved to be a ridiculous source of noise. People were entering and exiting the hotel at all hours of the night, and every time someone came & went, the door would slam and my bed would literally shake. I truly believe I was given the worst room in the hotel. Luckily, I was only staying for one night. Otherwise, I would have asked for a new room.

Upon checkout, I notified the front desk of my experience and was basically just told, "Sorry".

Do yourself a favor and spend an extra $25/night on a room at the Sheraton down the street. It is a much better quality hotel than this Best Western.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor room in the middle of the hall, away from any staircases or entrances.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JDH0980
KWisehart, General Manager at Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I'm so sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I'm confused with your review because we do not have a king size single room on our first floor. We did have a King room near the entrance on first floor (room 134) about 6 months ago but we closed that room due to the feedback we received from guests about the entrance noise. That room is no longer a guestroom. I'm guessing possibly you are posting a review recently but from a past stay with us? If that is so, please know that we have taken that feedback and have made changes. We are also updating all of our public spaces and continue to add new furniture and fridges to our guest rooms. Our aesthetic changes do take some time as items can take up to 6 months for delivery but we are constantly working on upgrades. Please know that we take all of our guest feedback very seriously and when we can make changes that will enhance a guest experience, we will definitely so so. We do apologize for any discomfort during your last stay with us and appreciate your helpful feedback and comments.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Room was very small, but also very clean and well appointed. I had read reviews here earlier that some rooms don't have fridges, so when we got there, I asked for a room w/one. They told me that the room we were given doesn't have one, but they brought one right up. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had tickets to a show at Higher Ground - Their website recommended the Best Western as being close-by and also said to mention that you were going and BW would give you a reduced rate - Took about $20 off the rates I found online Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Someone else already gave this tip - which I followed - its a good one - If a Fridge is important, a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
KWisehart, General Manager at Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you so much for your great review. I'm sorry your room type didn't have a fridge included but happy to hear that we were able to accomodate that request. We are planning to have this amenity in all of our guest rooms by June this year. In the meantime, we have many small fridges on hand upon request. We hope you had a great time at Higher Ground - such a great venue to see a show! Thank you again for posting your positive review on Trip Adivisor!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

2nd time we have been to this hotel and really like.. Beware thou that they have taken out the hot tun that was in the pool area.. Great staff and rooms.. Nice breakfast too. 2 restaurants next door so that is handy also.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KWisehart, General Manager at Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for choosing us again! We realize there are many choices in Burlington and really appreciate your loyalty. We also appreciate your comments and feedback about our property both in 2012 and recently . Thank you again for posting your positive reveiws on Trip Advisor!

Jericho, VT
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Our visit to this hotel was awful. Upon arriving in our room, we noticed the bathroom ceiling was dripping. We were moved to another room....the toilet didn't flush in our new room. The hotel was SO loud...it was as if we were staying in an old farmhouse. There was obviously small children staying above us as the thudding, running, floor creaking woke us up at 6am!! We were here for a date night to get away from our kids!! We will not be staying in this hotel again. This hotel needs some serious upgrades....totally not a 3 star.

1 Thank Mollyd79
KWisehart, General Manager at Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
On behalf of our entire team I would like to apologize for your negative experience at our hotel. From the maintenance issues to the noise that you experience during your night out for a relaxing getaway, we are so disappointed to read about your stay. I am not able to locate your reservation in order to reach you by phone but would love to discuss your stay in more detail. If you could contact me by email: Karen@windjammergroup.com or by phone 802-651-0635, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to make things right. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Champlain, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The service is always great. Very clean and comfortable. Restaurant and pub are both excellent. We have dined in both and always have excellent meals, weather it's a prime rib or a hamburger the food is always prepared as ordered. Also great salad bar. Also the location is great, Within walking if the mood strikes.We keep on returning just to get away!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so happy that you have had such great experiences at our hotel and that we are your place for a getaway! Thank you so much for your outstanding review and for giving us a perfect score on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very good quality for the price. Would stay here again. Was surprised to see so many dogs, happy to see it is pet friendly. We had a special military price room, a bit smaller than the others. The only negative is having to walk outside to go to the restaurant in the pouring rain.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our military discount and glad to see you had a nice stay with us. We really appreciate your great feedback and comments and apologize for the inconvenience of the restaurant being adjacent to our property instead of it being located inside the hotel. The restaurant is free standing and has a great local following -we hope you enjoyed your dining experience despite the walk outside. Thank you again for your wonderful review of our property!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,473 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!