Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Summerstown, Canada
“A-1 Class Hotel”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This Hotel scores EXCELLENT in my estimation Unparalleled comfort in all areas of the establishment. Super clean is the most valued attribute. Not a speck of dust , lint, anywhere including the exercise facility. Could have been a new hotel !! The breakfast room, following the characteristics of the super pleasant hotel generally , offered great space, organized display, plenty of chairs and tables and even sofas, good air and a boastful display of items for a free continental meal !! Rooms are unbelievably airy , while not overly large , offer beautiful bed linen and overall look, with comfort pillows and great window dressing .Management is to be commended for a well run, well kept establishment . If in the area , we will return, no question!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KWisehart, General Manager at Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Wow, what a wonderful review - thank you! We really appreciate your wonderful comments about our property and can't say enough how much it means to us to hear such great feedback. We strive to make all of our guests happy and knowing that you had such a great experience at our hotel and sharing that on Trip Advisor really gives us a boost. Thank you!

Karen Wisehart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here recently again enroute to another location in Vermont. This homey hotel is located near the airport but set off the street. Rooms are comfortable and breakfast pretty much normal for this type of hotel. The coridors are a bit narrow, hinting of some age but that is very small thing. Staff here is quite nice and welcoming. There is a nice but very noisy bar/restaurant detached out in front. It's a bit pricey but very convenient and welcoming with it's nautical theme. Shuttle service to and from the airport is quick, efficient and friendly any time of day. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Floors are wooden so a second floor room, at least for me, is always a good recommendation.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your very thoughtful review. We appreciate your detail about our location and amenities and happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We hope you will choose us again when you are traveling to Burlington.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed here 4 years in a row, twice a year. Nothing fancy here, but everything you need. Flat screen tvs, referigerator and ice on every floor! A seperated restaraunt called the Windjammer has excellent food and drink.
also, the staff is very attentive.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
We know there are many choices to stay in Burlington and really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. Thank you for your positive review and for your nice comments about our property. We hope you notice some improvements when you visit us again. We have been updating room by room and are excited to showcase our updates in the next few months. We look forward to your next visit!

Lancaster, New Hampshire
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stay at this hotel every other year for company business. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is always very helpful and accommodating.

The restaurant/lounge serves great food and the service is very good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
We are happy to hear that we are your choice to stay when traveling to Burlington for business, thank you for continued loyalty! We really appreciate the time you took to post a review on Trip Advisor and for your wonderful comments about our property. We look forward to our next visit!

Hartford, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Hotel is very nice, Windjammer is a Great restaurant!! A little on the pricey side but very good overall. I would recommend staying and plan on returning to this location in the future A rating overall.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so happy you had a great stay with us and enjoyed our restaurant as well. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate the great comments!

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I am usually in Burlington a few times a year as I travel often and Burlington is only a few hours away from me so it's great for a short road trip.

I really like this hotel and I now stay here every time I'm in the city or passing through. I did stay at the Holiday Inn close by my first time in S. Burlington and it was really nice, however the next time I was here it was really pricey so I checked this place and the price was a bit lower so I gave it a try. I'm glad I did as I really liked this hotel.

It's in a great location, and I really like the layout of the hotel and the grounds. It's just off the I89 and very close to downtown Burlington (to drive, too far for walking). It's very clean and well kept, and the breakfast is your standard hotel breakfast. Since I'm gluten free there are not a lot of offerings for me, but it's still a fairly good breakfast. Usually I try brunch and lunch spots when travelling anyway, so I don't care too much about a hotel breakfast.

I find almost everyone friendly at this hotel, and I like most of the staff we meet during our stay here. The cleaning staff is friendly too. However there is a gentleman working there late evenings who isn't really all that friendly, and I'm not really all that impressed with him. Maybe it's just me as he's been here for years as I usually come in late evening and he's usually the one we deal with when checking in. He's definitely not rude or anything, he seems like a nice guy and polite enough, but doesn't seem to really care about his job all that much or making people feel welcome. Maybe just shy. Either way, everyone else has been super friendly, so I find it kind of strange as he doesn't seem to like his job.

Regardless, I really like this hotel enough that I wouldn't not stay here for one staff member that's not friendly. I find the day staff very nice and super helpful, giving tips as to where to go for dinner, directions etc.

We always look forward to our stay here and will be coming back sometime this summer! Definitely our favourite spot to stay in Burlington!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
KWisehart, General Manager at Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
We’d like to first, thank you so much for your continued loyalty to our property. We really appreciate your feedback and comments about your stays with us. We are very sorry to hear that you experienced some indifference with one of our night auditors. We take great pride in delivering exceptional customer service and it’s disappointing when one person on our team falls short of our mission. Please know we will be using your review as a training tool for all of our staff. Thank you again for sharing your valuable feedback!

Cheshire, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Convenient, close to the highway, colleges and downtown. A real value for the money with the greatest staff at any hotel anywhere. You can never go wrong staying at this hotel. The restaurant is top notch and the pools and gym are an added bonus.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KWisehart, General Manager at Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
What a nice review - thank you! We really appreciate your wonderful comments and loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Burlington
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
Sheraton Burlington Hotel
#4 of 8 in Burlington
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
Green Mountain Suites Hotel
#2 of 12 in South Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Burlin...
#1 of 12 in South Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burlington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Burli...
#4 of 12 in South Burlington
Hilton Burlington
Hilton Burlington
#5 of 8 in Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burlington
Comfort Inn & Suites South Burli...
#7 of 12 in South Burlington

Been to Best Western Plus Windjammer Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!