“Great course at a reasonable price.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Stratton Mountain Golf Course
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great course at a reasonable price.”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The course consists of three 9 hole segments (mountain, lake, and forest) for a total of 27 possible holes. Bookings are made based on which 9 you will play first; the staff decides on which 9 you will play to complete the round, but I think you can find out both segments at time of booking.
I played here in the fall, during the resort's fall foliage celebration, and the scenery was incredible. The course was also in great shape, despite the greens being areated at time of play. Fairways are wide, with a lot of room for error on most holes. The layout of the course is interesting; you get someting new with each hole, and the play didn't get boring as it does on some courses.
I though the pace of play was slower than average. Unfortunately, out group was forced to wait on nearly every hole (weekend mid-afternoon play). There are course marshalls, but they were fairly relaxed with respect to the place (this is to say they were not hurrying anyone along).

Visited September 2013

Rochester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fall Golf at it's best”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

I spent 2 days playing golf at Stratton Mountain, the course is in very good shape, Greens thou, had just been spiked, but were coming back great.

This was a company event, we had dinner at the club house as well as lunch. Both outstanding, the southwest soup was great. Ribs for dinner very good, shrimp also very good

Club house could use some work, but I'm not playing golf in the club house.

We stayed at the Mountain Inn, again the rooms need a little work, but clean. We had dinner at the Inn, what a great meal-- the steak was perfect.

I will say the staff at the course and the Inn were very good.

Visited September 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Nice course with great service”
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We showed up without a tee-time on a prime, busy day. The pro-shop staff and starter were very accomodating and squeezed us in with a geniune smile.
By the way, the courses were excellent and in great condition. Wish I could say more for my golf game.....

Visited August 2011