“First time skiing with seasoned veterans” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stratton Mountain

Stratton Mountain
More attraction details
Owner description: The biggest single ski mountain in the eastern United States.
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“First time skiing with seasoned veterans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and father travel to Stratton every year and I can now see why. This was me and my twins' first time skiing and we all took lessons. We stayed in a condo next to the village and it was extremely convenient; everyone was super nice and the camp was wonderful. To get my five year olds to wear those ski boots for six hours straight two days in a row is a miracle in and of itself! They wanted a third day but it was booked because CT schools happened to have that Monday off. The shops were great, although ski gear is clearly expensive. We bought some souvenirs and one day I was lucky enough to fit in a massage at the Spa. The Lodge has a great little food area and I got my latte fix every day. My husband and father like the 'classy' way this mountain is managed year after year, and that is why they keep coming back.

cape cod
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“ski and stay at Stratton Mtn.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at Black Bear Lodge on Stratton Mtn. for their ski and stay package. First of all it's a great deal and skiing on Stratton Mountain is great. But the best part was the lodge. The receptionists are super friendly. We skiied Sunday stayed Monday night and skiied Monday. The rooms are very nice and very clean. Beds are super comfortable and the staff is very helpful. You can leave your car in the parking lot and take a handy shuttle to the mountain that runs all the time. We went to stay at another place to ski Okemo Mountain on tuesday night and before we left Stratton we heard there would be a big snowstorm wed. We were suppose to return home on Wed. night. I stopped at the front desk and explained my dilemma and asked if I could reserve for Wed. and Thurs. skiing and staying Wed. night although I wasn't sure if we could make it back in the snow. Mary at the front desk was very helpful and took the reservation and said if I couldn't make it to call Wed. morning. We did make it and the snow was just too much to ski in and Courtney at the front desk nicely gave us $70 in vouchers to spend on the mountain and got us into our room early. We had a lovely lunch at Grizzly's and will eat dinner in the restaurant tonight. We will definitely come back!

Chappaqua, NY
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Best Bet in Southern Vermont”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stratton Mountain is very well managed and run, and beats its neighbors in all ways. The SNOW: Grooming and snowmaking are top notch here. When neighbors have bare spots, Stratton is covered. The grooming it meticulous, with no lips and ruts on which to catch an edge. TERRAIN and LIFTS: Stratton offers a wide variety of terrain. Diamond trails are serviced by all upper mountain lifts, so you do not have to waste time skiing to a specific black diamond area. But for novice and intermediate skiers, Stratton offers a wide range of trails and GREAT instruction.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: is top notch, Friendly, helpful, professional. This is clearly a place where staff is trained in hospitality. From lift operators to managers -- everyone has a smile, and knows what they are doing.

Note that like all Southern Vermont mountains, Stratton can get crowded and lift line can be long. Thankfully, because the lift operators are on top of what they are doing, lines move quicky, and lifts do not stop because of poor operators.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You can see and ski the difference.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We're home and have just kicked off our boots but we can't wait to go back. This mountain is nothing but the best! The terrain is varied with lots of slopes for different ability levels so our daughter was able to ski big in powder a-plenty and we were able to ski in....more gentle terrain. Hey. That's what makes Stratton great- it's the mountain for the young and the old at heart. It was a treat to see and ski a few inches of fresh snow on the nicely groomed trails. Despite the weather, the conditions were top-notch- even for Vermont. The lift line operators made it fun (even though they had to be freezing) and the guest services women gave informed advice that helped us navigate around the mountain and the village. The village! Anything a skier could want can be found at the village. (It reminded me of the village at Copper.) We only encountered lines at the lifts twice so it was no big deal. My overall thoughts are these: bundle up if you plan on skiing the top of the mountain- it's worth the trip, be ready to make super turns on perfectly manicured surfaces, enjoy the sun and don't be afraid to have some quirky fun out there. Take advantage of this easter ski mecca!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lynn C
Arlington, Virginia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Big resort but very crowded”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We skiied stratton twice on a busy holiday weekend, we had a great time and there were alot of good runs but some of the lift lines were unbelievably long. Also the most expensive lift tickets we paid for of the three resorts we visited. Overall I'd recommend but would also recommend looking into some of the other mountains if you have limited time. Pros-big with lots of runs, great village, and good lodges. Cons-insane waits for lifts, not great parking situation, expensive.

Visited January 2014