“If You're a Foodie, You Must Go To SoLo!”

SoLo Farm and Table
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant is just a few weeks old.
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I believe that if you create something of quality, people will go out of their way for it. I believe this is true with SoLo Farm and Table. On my way to Northern Vermont recently, I went out of my way to dine at SoLo and I wasn’t disappointed. It was my second visit. I enjoyed my first visit very much but the second visit was even better.
The atmosphere is warm (especially on a cold Vermont evening) and inviting. The interior is very nice, not stuffy or overdone. The wood burning fireplace in the bar area literally adds to warm environment.
The quality of the food was top notch, as good as any NYC restaurant. I started with the Sunchoke-Apple Veloute (with poached lobster) followed by the Pappardelle Pasta with braised dry-aged beef and horseradish. For dessert, I opted for the hot chocolate with homemade marshmallows which was off- the-charts good!
Before leaving, I got a quick tour of the kitchen which was really impressive. As I mentioned to Chloe, the owner, she and her husband have really created something special.

1  Thank GwichTrav

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I can't say enough about SOLO Farm and Table. Chloe worked with me to make the evening perfect for our group of 9 who were celebrating a friend's 50th. The oysters were the best we've ever had (and we are New Englanders!), every dish was fantastic, and the chocolate caramel cake...crazy good. Wonderful atmosphere and vibe. The wait staff were amazing and incredibly knowledgeable, and made us feel special all night long.A "10"! Thanks Chloe!

1  Thank bikers19086
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I went here to celebrate a birthday. Solo was recommended by a friend as expensive but very very special. It was the best we have had in a long time. The food is unpretentious and of the highest quality. The waitresses were helpful, friendly and not overpowering. They communicated that they were privileged to have us come as opposed to other places we have been where the opposite seems true. All the food is local and fresh. The wine list is amazing. We will return.

1  Thank Ian M
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I had dinner on a recent friday evening.we were pleasantly greeted by the hostess. Usually old farm house restaurants in Vermont are cold and drafty ,not Solo...warm with a nice wood fire going.Service was prompt and friendly.The octopus appetizer is a must have.I had a mushroom ravioli dish that was well prerared and very flavorful...My wife had a seafood pasta,good seafood is hard to find in Vermont.We ended dinner with a Vermont hot toddy which is made with a local maple bourban.Think Solo is best restaurant around the area!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

The food lacks sophistication and depth.
We live half the year in France and were really unimpressed by the supposed New York food served at Solo.
They try to be original but the results are just mediocre at best.
They should go back to cooking school and try to make better use of the few vegetables they serve.
We were so bored that we didn't ever bother to have dessert ...
Farm to table is a great concept but should be better executed (especially for the price).

1  Thank montlouis