“Unexpected Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Royalton B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Royalton
Royalton B&B
Payson, Utah
“Unexpected Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were delayed in our travels and had made no advance reservations for what turned out to be a "dark and stormy night" in July 2013. We received a referral to another B&B in the area, but they weren't answering the phone. We stopped by and asked if they had a room, but they were full. The owner was kind enough to call Evelyn, and she had a room available. She was very kind and accommodating, and shared stories about the history of the home, which has been in her family since it was built, much more than 100 years ago. She was a delight to talk with, and provided a delicious breakfast, including some of her excellent home-made pie. Very early that morning before breakfast, I looked out our bedroom window and was treated to a view one of the most beautiful country scenes I have ever seen. I treasure the iPhone photo I took.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I was tired from traveling, and I am glad I found this place. The host made me very comfortable and the quiet country environment plus the good night sleep was exactly what I needed. It is really in the country side, witch in Vermont, is worth knowing. Only when you leave the highway can you find places like this one. The traveler from Quebec

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Acworth, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

This B&B gets the Blue Ribbon from us!! We run the Open Carriage Show on Sunday at Vermont Morgan Heritage Days in Tunbridge over the Fourth of July weekend. This is our second year staying at Evelyn's wonderful home and we love it!! Quiet, peaceful and eclectic...faces out on a beautiful hay field with wild flowers and a lovely view. It's a real family home without a lot of gewgaws and frills. Our room was spotless, bed was very comfortable and we fell asleep to local fireworks going off over Royalton. We had to leave early on Sunday morning to get to the show so we passed on breakfast but Evelyn made a fresh pot of Delicious coffee that was ready when my husband went down at 5:30AM! Wonderful and thoughtful service in an equally wonderful setting....can't wait for next year!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Morganponydriver
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

My son graduated from Vermont Law School and we wanted to be close to the school and my son's house. This B&B was right in the middle of both! We not only lucked out with proximity and our stay was wonderful. Our host, Evelyn was simply magnificent! Our stay was quite and relaxing. Her home was warm and invitting. Clean and comfortable. The other family staying was a delight as well. Breakfast was awesome. I plan on staying here again on my next trip to South Royalton.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank carol k
Kingston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Wonderful old house facing a meadow with the hills in the background. The host Evelyn Saenz was truly a pleasure. Accommodations were excellent and breakfast was amazing. This is a terrific place if you're looking for that authentic Vermont farmhouse experience, complete with black night skies, complete silence, wonderful sunrises, and feelings of being human. A must-stay for people who spend too much time in the city.

Room Tip: Take the room with the bay window! The morning sun pours in and the view is fabulous.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Reese S
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Evelyn was a wonderful host. Her home is lovely; the setting is charming; and breakfast was delicious. It was a great spot for us (and many others who were attending the same wedding nearby!). We would recommend it enthusiastically!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katie C
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

We had a wonderful time in this beautiful, historic home. Evelyn was absolutely wonderful - accomodated my party of four on literally a moment's notice (she replied to my same-day request within 10 minutes!). The house has been in her family for generations, and the rooms were lovely. We especially loved the hammock swings on the front porch, looking out at flowers, a verdant lawn, and green hills. The only thing that kept this from being a totally idyllic retreat was a bit of road noise from a nearby road - but I'm extra-sensitive to these things. Evelyn made knock-out delicious pancakes for us the next day - wow! I don't even like pancakes usually, but these were light and irresistible with Vermont maple syrup. A garrulous and friendly hostess, Evelyn made us feel part of the family at breakfast, made sure that we had all the info we needed about surrounding attractions, and told us about the recent town history. Her daughters were delightful to chat with as well.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Royalton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites White River Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#2 of 8 in White River Junction
Fireside Inn & Suites
Fireside Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Lebanon
Maple Leaf Inn
Maple Leaf Inn
#1 of 4 in Barnard

Been to Royalton B&B? Share your experiences!